Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Senior squad then.... 08:43 - Jul 15 with 8847 viewsitfcjoe

GK
Hladky, Holy
Potential for a one in-one out deal with Holy otherwise seem set

RB
KVY, Donacien, (Burns)
Think we'll look to shift Donacien still and get one in

LB
Penney
Signing a first choice LB still a key signing

CB
Woolfie, Nsiala
2 signings needed here, one senior, one up and coming

CM
Harper, Evans, Nolan, (El Mizouni, Fraser)
Look one player short here

AM/Wingers
Fraser, Dobra, Burns, El Mizouni, (Bonne)
Look 2 players short in these roles

Strikers
Pigoot, Bonne, Norwood
All set

Think it leaves us needing 6 players, with potential for another couple of Holy and Donacien go out

Some are greater priorities than others, but think we will end up signing 13-14 players before window shuts

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Senior squad then.... on 12:03 - Jul 15 with 1378 viewsTractorCam

Senior squad then.... on 11:59 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

Yes. Theres is nothing available to show we are paying enormous salaries.

Money in football this summer is at an all time low. Hence the slowness of the market. Players. Agents alike have had to really think about their futures as it's not just money based this summer.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 12:02]

Whilst i'm sure the ambition and what not is a big factor, there's almost certainly a bigger factor as to why Fraser, Pigott and Harper are here and not in the Championship

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Senior squad then.... on 12:04 - Jul 15 with 1376 viewsPattiswickBlue

Senior squad then.... on 11:58 - Jul 15 by PhilTWTD

I was thinking about who might make the jump from the 23s to the squad this season and he's the only one I can really think of, assuming we're counting Dobra as already a first-teamer. I know he's very highly rated by people at the club, some people I know would have given him his chance rather than loaning McGuinness.

What about Cameron Humphreys? Looked good in the games I saw him last season, in the u18s. He seems to be training with the first team.
Senior squad then.... on 12:05 - Jul 15 with 1367 viewsBondiBlue

Apart from a centre-back and a left winger, surely we're into one-in-one-out territory. We must be nearing the cap again now and at left back, right back and in central midfield we have perfectly serviceable backups (kenlock, donacien, nolan, mcgavin). I know cook would like to keep going until he has a conetely new squad but he surely has to stop at some point. To keep ripping up the squad at this rate until deadline day would be a bit chaotic.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Senior squad then.... on 12:06 - Jul 15 with 1364 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 12:03 - Jul 15 by TractorCam

Whilst i'm sure the ambition and what not is a big factor, there's almost certainly a bigger factor as to why Fraser, Pigott and Harper are here and not in the Championship

Still doesnt equate to enormous salaries. The owners arent putting in any equity so we will be using what we can.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Senior squad then.... on 12:14 - Jul 15 with 1339 viewsitfcjoe

Senior squad then.... on 12:06 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

Still doesnt equate to enormous salaries. The owners arent putting in any equity so we will be using what we can.

Of course the owners are putting in money, we will lose millions this year

Senior squad then.... on 12:27 - Jul 15 with 1297 viewsBeckets

Senior squad then.... on 12:14 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

Exactly. Without their money we will fall foul of FPP.
Senior squad then.... on 12:30 - Jul 15 with 1285 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 12:14 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

O leary confirmed they wouldnt be using equity to fund the summer window etc. This was covered a while back.

Are we using some of the funds already available. Sure. But it wont all be used on player salary alone when we are updating the stadium. Bringing in off the field staff etc.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 12:32]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Senior squad then.... on 12:31 - Jul 15 with 1277 viewsitfcjoe

Senior squad then.... on 12:30 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

O leary confirmed they wouldnt be using equity to fund the summer window etc. This was covered a while back.

Are we using some of the funds already available. Sure. But it wont all be used on player salary alone when we are updating the stadium. Bringing in off the field staff etc.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 12:32]

Whatever way you want to splice it, we are now big spenders in this league, will lose millions this year and are paying wages that a number of teams in the Championship can't afford

Login to get fewer ads

Senior squad then.... on 12:36 - Jul 15 with 1250 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 12:31 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

Whatever way you want to splice it, we are now big spenders in this league, will lose millions this year and are paying wages that a number of teams in the Championship can't afford

We in a better position than some clubs yes due to covid and the timing of our player contracts.

The sale of dozzell. The little figures made on the likes of Hawkins. Drinan. Soon to be Downes. Bishop etc all help with the turnover pot available. 12.5 k season tickets. Sheerans sponsorship. Shirt sales. All helps to keep us in a good position compared to others.

Being in a better position doesnt automatically mean we are paying out enormous salaries however you wish to flip it.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 12:37]

Senior squad then.... on 12:38 - Jul 15 with 1241 viewsitfcjoe

Senior squad then.... on 12:36 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

We in a better position than some clubs yes due to covid and the timing of our player contracts.

The sale of dozzell. The little figures made on the likes of Hawkins. Drinan. Soon to be Downes. Bishop etc all help with the turnover pot available. 12.5 k season tickets. Sheerans sponsorship. Shirt sales. All helps to keep us in a good position compared to others.

Being in a better position doesnt automatically mean we are paying out enormous salaries however you wish to flip it.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 12:37]

I'm p155ing in the wind here, yet again - if you think these players are signing here despite Championship interest and they aren't on huge L1 salaries then there is no hope

Senior squad then.... on 12:56 - Jul 15 with 1179 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 12:38 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

I'm p155ing in the wind here, yet again - if you think these players are signing here despite Championship interest and they aren't on huge L1 salaries then there is no hope

Theyll be on good salaries but not enormous no

Senior squad then.... on 13:01 - Jul 15 with 1167 viewsSomethingBlue

Senior squad then.... on 12:56 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

For the division we are in they will be very big and that is surely the point, anything else is semantics.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Senior squad then.... on 13:01 - Jul 15 with 1164 viewsBeckets

For context can you define good and enormous League One salaries please.
Senior squad then.... on 13:06 - Jul 15 with 1146 viewsElderGrizzly

Senior squad then.... on 13:01 - Jul 15 by Beckets

For context can you define good and enormous League One salaries please.

Average L1 salary was £4,700 a week in 2020

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/leaked-report-reveals-how
Senior squad then.... on 13:07 - Jul 15 with 1146 viewsFPL_Tractor

Personally I think Donacien will go - he's not good enough going forward and looked (in my view) uncomfortable on Saturday. He's a solid player but I see Vincent-Young and Burns as our RB options this year with another right winger to come eventually to cover those two positions (if we need another i'd expect a Dobra or Bonne to play out there).

I think he'll do similar on the left side with Penney and two new signings covering both positions. From 45 minutes on Saturday Penney needs to work on his delivery but everything thing else looked good.

In my view our key signing is an ugly, old centre back who likes heading, shouting and pointing.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Senior squad then.... on 13:07 - Jul 15 with 1141 viewscatch74

Hopefully all the other clubs and players believe this too and we won’t need to overpay wages and fees! The club playing this game very well.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Senior squad then.... on 13:08 - Jul 15 with 1132 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 13:01 - Jul 15 by SomethingBlue

For the division we are in they will be very big and that is surely the point, anything else is semantics.

But its not the point chico was making. Nor joe
They believe the players joined due to enormous salaries we offered which wont be the case no.

Senior squad then.... on 13:09 - Jul 15 with 1115 viewsElderGrizzly

Senior squad then.... on 13:08 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

They believe the players joined due to enormous salaries we offered which wont be the case no.

Without putting words into Joe's mouth, I read that as exactly the point he was making.

We will be paying big salaries for this league and potentially more than bottom end Championship clubs.
Senior squad then.... on 13:13 - Jul 15 with 1097 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 13:09 - Jul 15 by ElderGrizzly

Without putting words into Joe's mouth, I read that as exactly the point he was making.

We will be paying big salaries for this league and potentially more than bottom end Championship clubs.

Potentially big for this league or better than lower champ clubs doesnt auto equate to enormous salary offerings. Have we offered better in some cases. Possibly but doesnt auto mean it's an enormous salary.

Senior squad then.... on 13:14 - Jul 15 with 1095 viewsipswichtillidie

Senior squad then.... on 13:07 - Jul 15 by FPL_Tractor

Personally I think Donacien will go - he's not good enough going forward and looked (in my view) uncomfortable on Saturday. He's a solid player but I see Vincent-Young and Burns as our RB options this year with another right winger to come eventually to cover those two positions (if we need another i'd expect a Dobra or Bonne to play out there).

I think he'll do similar on the left side with Penney and two new signings covering both positions. From 45 minutes on Saturday Penney needs to work on his delivery but everything thing else looked good.

In my view our key signing is an ugly, old centre back who likes heading, shouting and pointing.

I actually think Donacien would be the perfect squad filler. Can play RB/CB. He’s cover across those areas could be very useful. I’m sure they would be open to selling but with KVY a certain starter and Burns also able to drop back in a squad player on the bench who could fill in like him would be useful. He’s training with the first team so suspect If he impresses he’ll keep his spot in the squad. Can’t see us signing another RB to sit on the bench.

Gav

Senior squad then.... on 13:15 - Jul 15 with 1084 viewstractorboy1978

Senior squad then.... on 13:08 - Jul 15 by chrismakin

When it boils down to it, that'll be a significant reason. It's all well and good having an exciting project but if Championship team X is offering £8-10k a week and League One team Y is offering £5k a week, the best salesman around isn't selling the L1 move.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 13:17]
Senior squad then.... on 13:16 - Jul 15 with 1078 viewsPhilTWTD

Senior squad then.... on 12:04 - Jul 15 by PattiswickBlue

What about Cameron Humphreys? Looked good in the games I saw him last season, in the u18s. He seems to be training with the first team.

There's a long way between where he is and the first team now so he would have to have a very good season, which isn't to say it's impossible, of course. For example, Gibbs wouldn't have got a look-in and he was the standout in the U18s last year and had already made his league debut.
Senior squad then.... on 13:18 - Jul 15 with 1051 viewschrismakin

Senior squad then.... on 13:15 - Jul 15 by tractorboy1978

When it boils down to it, that'll be a significant reason. It's all well and good having an exciting project but if Championship team X is offering £8-10k a week and League One team Y is offering £5k a week, the best salesman around isn't selling the L1 move.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 13:17]

In a usual season correct

However that 5k gap has reduced significantly with covid. Hence the project. The manager. The direction we are looking to go etc will actually mean more in todays market compared to pre covid markets.

Senior squad then.... on 13:20 - Jul 15 with 1040 viewsurbanblue

Senior squad then.... on 13:07 - Jul 15 by FPL_Tractor

An uppie for that last line ...

... Excellent!
Senior squad then.... on 13:21 - Jul 15 with 1037 viewsBeckets

Senior squad then.... on 13:06 - Jul 15 by ElderGrizzly

Average L1 salary was £4,700 a week in 2020

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/leaked-report-reveals-how

That’s the average salary of “the highest earning players” not the average salary of all players. The latter will be lower by definition.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024