Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teddy Bishop FAO Phil 10:17 - Jul 21 with 4033 viewsKesgrave_Exile

I thought Teddy Bishops move to MK Dons was more or less complete. Is it still on the verge of completion Phil or has something held it up?

I'm also surprised no one has taken a punt on Nydam yet.
Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 17:02 - Jul 21 with 594 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 14:00 - Jul 21 by Chrisd

Exactly, which goes to show that for all the moaning about why certain players have been let go we don't really know the facts and are making a judgement purely on face value. I was one of those that thought that Nydam would be one of the players that PC would like to keep and was surprised when they allowed him to leave, especially with his attitude and ability. However, it highlights we should trust our manager to do his job and back his judgement as we don't know all the facts and are just speculating.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 14:05]

The proof is in the pudding. If he discards our old players and brings in a raft of new ones who win the league at a canter... or are even just challenging for it to be honest... then he will have been proven to be right.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 17:05 - Jul 21 with 587 viewsPhilTWTD

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 12:05 - Jul 21 by clive_baker

It was always likely, he wasn't going to L2 and he wasn't going to the Championship. Ultimately, if our management have deemed our replacements and alternatives to be better, and an upgrade, then that would give us confidence that we're better placed than those taking our cast offs. Unfortunately it doesn't always work like that.

For quite a while Cambridge were the only interested party. Lincoln obviously offered more than MK were prepared to go to.
Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 17:13 - Jul 21 with 545 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I find this interesting as he travelled to Lincoln but was not impressed with the city or the location and less than enamoured with the club, the decision was made up to go the MKD.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 17:13]
Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 17:16 - Jul 21 with 532 viewsDinDjarin

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 13:49 - Jul 21 by clive_baker

I would certainly have both Lincoln and MK Dons as top 10 sides this season, I like their business.

Top half of L1 I would go something like:

Tier 1: Sunderland, Ipswich, Sheff Wed, Rotherham
Tier 2: Wycombe, Wigan, MK Dons, Lincoln, Oxford, Bolton, Pompey, Charlton, Burton
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 13:51]

Sunderland and Sheffield will struggle to make top 6
Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 17:18 - Jul 21 with 526 viewsTrumptonBlue

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 17:13 - Jul 21 by BlueBlueBluex2

I find this interesting as he travelled to Lincoln but was not impressed with the city or the location and less than enamoured with the club, the decision was made up to go the MKD.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 17:13]

He was more impressed with the city of Milton Keynes than the city of Lincoln? Blimey.
Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 21:34 - Jul 21 with 389 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 17:18 - Jul 21 by TrumptonBlue

He was more impressed with the city of Milton Keynes than the city of Lincoln? Blimey.

Travelling distance from his apartment in Trumpington
Former Liverpool player Mike Marsh did this back in the late 90s.... on 21:49 - Jul 21 with 371 viewsolimar

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:57 - Jul 21 by PhilTWTD

Tony Roberts at Dagenham and Redbridge was in this position. Going back further, Mark Higgins when he came out of retirement and joined Manchester United.

https://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/1506140.smith-signs-daggers-insurance-put

..had to retire, but then joined Kidderminster, helped them to promotion and then had to leave because of the insurance conditions.
I imagine it must have been a bit of a dilemma wanting to achieve promotion, yet at the same time presumably realising that the best thing for him would be for them to fail and be able to play for a very competitive team again the next season...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024