Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A question for the vaccinated... 23:08 - Jul 23 with 1708 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Seeing as how being vaccinated does not stop us transmitting the virus and yet we can travel/attend events etc without being tested, how do you feel about being used as superspreaders.
I just cancelled my holiday abroad for this very reason as most on the plane will be untested.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A question for the vaccinated... on 23:50 - Jul 23 with 1568 viewsKropotkin123

If all is well I travel to Canada in a week to relocate. Plane is about half the capacity. I need to get tested before I get on the plane. So I guess it depends on where and why you are travelling.

I wouldn't be doing any short haul flights for holiday this year, and haven't travelled to Europe to say bye to family.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

A question for the vaccinated... on 23:57 - Jul 23 with 1541 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A question for the vaccinated... on 23:50 - Jul 23 by Kropotkin123

If all is well I travel to Canada in a week to relocate. Plane is about half the capacity. I need to get tested before I get on the plane. So I guess it depends on where and why you are travelling.

I wouldn't be doing any short haul flights for holiday this year, and haven't travelled to Europe to say bye to family.

Hope it all works out.

A question for the vaccinated... on 00:14 - Jul 24 with 1521 viewsBlueBadger

I had two exceptionally covid-safe flights to Portugal to sort out some health issue for FiL last year.

Mostly because there was only a couple of dozen people on the flights.

By, the by, Faro airport was a f**k of a sight more covid secure than Stanstead was. Both ways.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A question for the vaccinated... on 01:41 - Jul 24 with 1449 viewsBiGDonnie

All I’m talking from this post is that you’re probably gonna get a row of three seats to yourself.

Absolute touch.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

A question for the vaccinated... on 07:51 - Jul 24 with 1249 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

The vaccine doesn't stop people spreading the virus but it does reduce the likelihood of transmission. Hardly super spreaders.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

A question for the vaccinated... on 08:08 - Jul 24 with 1186 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Easy. On the plane, I will be wearing an FFP3 mask.

Poll: would you rather

A question for the vaccinated... on 08:43 - Jul 24 with 1127 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A question for the vaccinated... on 08:08 - Jul 24 by LegendofthePhoenix

Easy. On the plane, I will be wearing an FFP3 mask.

The problem is when you get off at the other end and the vaccinated person behind you tests positive in a random arrival test you get to enjoy your holiday in a quarantine hotel.

A question for the vaccinated... on 08:57 - Jul 24 with 1094 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Morning Bankster.

We're not considering foreign travel at present, although may reconsider in the autumn when the majority are double jabbed.

Certainly will be at Portman Road for our opening and subsequent home games though adhering to the guidelines the club put in place.

Are you comfortable about attending the football or festival type events for instance?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

A question for the vaccinated... on 09:53 - Jul 24 with 995 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A question for the vaccinated... on 08:57 - Jul 24 by StochesStotasBlewe

Morning Bankster.

We're not considering foreign travel at present, although may reconsider in the autumn when the majority are double jabbed.

Certainly will be at Portman Road for our opening and subsequent home games though adhering to the guidelines the club put in place.

Are you comfortable about attending the football or festival type events for instance?

Morning, made a speculative/cheap booking back in January and would still be going if you had to test negative to get on the plane(regardless of vaccination status) rather than the chance of a random test at the airport in Greece (would obviously test ourselves but who knows about the people sitting near you on the plane.) Have rebooked for August 22 so we should still get a family break during school holidays for once but will obviously cost more.
As you know we have been working flat out through the pandemic, harder than ever in many ways with hardly any breaks but there you go!

Yup, season ticket booked so bring it on....I just think that testing should be for everybody or nobody.

A question for the vaccinated... on 10:02 - Jul 24 with 962 viewsPendejo

Speculatively booked last 2 full weeks of Sept from work. Will wait until nearer the time to decide; out
Colombia usually takes aforethought to get best seat prices so that's probably still out
May are how it goes and whether there's late bookings available for Canary Islands
Alternatively it's a tent in Edwardstone's garden, but shhh he doesn't know about it yet

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

A question for the vaccinated... on 10:09 - Jul 24 with 948 viewsnodge_blue

Being vaccinated reduces the risk of you spreading covid, so its a far more social conscious thing to do than not be vaccinated.

Personally Im not going abroad this year as I don't want to given the situation. So in that sense Ive cancelled my holiday too, but so be it.

Its all individual choice. The fact is though that the virus will not go away, so you'll have the same question next year and the year after etc.

At some point you'll have to accept the balance of risk. I read PHE person say though that we should expect to feel the pandemic impact for the next 10 to 15 years.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

A question for the vaccinated... on 10:17 - Jul 24 with 925 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A question for the vaccinated... on 10:09 - Jul 24 by nodge_blue

Being vaccinated reduces the risk of you spreading covid, so its a far more social conscious thing to do than not be vaccinated.

Personally Im not going abroad this year as I don't want to given the situation. So in that sense Ive cancelled my holiday too, but so be it.

Its all individual choice. The fact is though that the virus will not go away, so you'll have the same question next year and the year after etc.

At some point you'll have to accept the balance of risk. I read PHE person say though that we should expect to feel the pandemic impact for the next 10 to 15 years.

Of course on the first paragraph but the vaccinated still need to be tested before getting on planes. Insurance policies will need to adapt to covering positive tests before flying or we have to move to a 'live with it' approach going forward.

A question for the vaccinated... on 10:44 - Jul 24 with 854 viewsnodge_blue

A question for the vaccinated... on 10:17 - Jul 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Of course on the first paragraph but the vaccinated still need to be tested before getting on planes. Insurance policies will need to adapt to covering positive tests before flying or we have to move to a 'live with it' approach going forward.

I agree with you really. I don't see why you shouldn't at least have to do a quick test version.

I guess though tubes, buses, trains are equally as bad. So some people would be saying why not them as well....which comes bit more impractical if you just need to catch a bus somewhere.

I think the sensible people will have to sacrifice more in the short term (like not going abroad), than the less sensible / selfish ones.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

A question for the vaccinated... on 11:01 - Jul 24 with 808 viewsVic

All the best for your new life Kroppers. Stay safe and be blessed.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024