Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the underlying character of this new town side? 09:12 - Aug 6 with 641 viewsStrimmer

Aside from how well we do in terms of points and results I’m interested in what people think our character as a football team is going to be this year.

Are we going to be patchy in quality but gets wins through a few key players of quality eg Piggot?

Maybe we will be scintillating going forward but suspect organisationally and drop needless points?

Perhaps we’ll be agressive and compact set play merchants?

I just don’t know myself, and recognise as a work in progress this character will probably develop through the season. Just interested, and just a bit of fun! (For me at least!)

Poll: Was it a punch?

What is the underlying character of this new town side? on 09:15 - Aug 6 with 611 viewsBlueBadger

I'm going to go with 'disjointed but getting more coherent as the season wears on'

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What is the underlying character of this new town side? on 09:26 - Aug 6 with 563 viewsportmanroadblue

Hoping to be dangerous from set pieces, something not seen for many a year.
What is the underlying character of this new town side? on 09:32 - Aug 6 with 546 viewsWD19

Workmanlike.
What is the underlying character of this new town side? on 09:37 - Aug 6 with 532 viewsOwainG1992

Hard working.
Similar graft which we saw in the peak Mick years.
But also a touch more quality In the final third.
Here's hoping!
Defence does concern a tad.
Hoping for a strong central midfield spine.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

What is the underlying character of this new town side? on 11:51 - Aug 6 with 472 viewsDarth_Koont

No idea but will be fun to find out.

I’m at least hoping that we play with tempo and frequently get players up to and beyond the strikers. The last few years we’ve been slow and predictable on the ball (confidence definitely a problem here) – which as much as anything has been the reason we’ve been so blunt in the attacking third.

Pronouns: He/Him

What is the underlying character of this new town side? on 11:55 - Aug 6 with 455 viewschrismakin

The drive to Win, and the passion to get promoted. Not winning is unacceptable ( once through the gelling stage) and no calling the club rock bottom of the league who has conceded 40 goals at home as a hard place to go and a 1-1 draw is a solid result

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What is the underlying character of this new town side? on 11:56 - Aug 6 with 448 viewsSomethingBlue

Think we will have a lot of running and energy, maybe not quite as much control as we'd want, but will have a go at teams. But it's all new so character will establish itself in time.

Early on I expect hit-and-miss performances with games won — when they are won — by moments of quality. That's certainly where I'm at for tomorrow. Expecting a win but probably by one or two goals and with flashes rather than much more.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What is the underlying character of this new town side? on 11:57 - Aug 6 with 445 viewspositivity

somewhere between bfj's high-scoring entertainers and mick's top blokes.

should be more flair than mick, but won't be as defnsive, we won't settle for a draw awy against the cheltenham's etc...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

What is the underlying character of this new town side? on 11:58 - Aug 6 with 442 viewstractorboy1978

What is the underlying character of this new town side? on 11:56 - Aug 6 by SomethingBlue

Think we will have a lot of running and energy, maybe not quite as much control as we'd want, but will have a go at teams. But it's all new so character will establish itself in time.

Early on I expect hit-and-miss performances with games won — when they are won — by moments of quality. That's certainly where I'm at for tomorrow. Expecting a win but probably by one or two goals and with flashes rather than much more.

I might be hugely wrong but I think once we settle we could absolutely pan a few teams by 4 or 5 - like the Burley days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024