Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do the stewards work for ITFC? 07:18 - Aug 8 with 2685 viewsEly_Blue

I’d like to call out for praise one of the stand managers and I want to email the club about it as when someone goes over and above they deserve to be recognised in the same way as they would do if they were being a complete jobsworth and an arse.

Because my son couldn’t go with me yesterday I took my good lady (not his mum), we had the most horrendous drive up from the south coast having left at just after 9 and finally parking up/paying for the car park at around 2.20. She can’t walk particularly fast or stand for any length of time (she has MS) so it was getting on for 2.35 when we got to the ground to be met by that massive queue to get into the SAR stand. I thought she was going to cry because her first words were “there’s no way I can physically stand in that queue”. We made our way down to where the long queue was being directed to the turnstiles so I could find some help. I spoke to a very busy but incredibly helpful guy who was the stand manager for the SAR as I’d seen him several times before and it was on his jacket, he said if we were happy to wait 2 minutes by the gates where they let the coaches in he would take us in, he never forgot and was incredibly helpful by taking us round the back way into the stand without the need to queue or use a turnstile.

I am incredibly grateful to this guy and I don’t know if anyone knows him or knows his name but he’s the bald guy who is the stand manager for SARL and I’d like to single him out to the club for this.
Also does anyone have an email that I should send this to at the club?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 07:24 - Aug 8 with 2618 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Mick Warden would be the person to contact

mick.warden@itfc.co.uk
Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 07:28 - Aug 8 with 2593 viewsEly_Blue

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 07:24 - Aug 8 by PrideOfTheEast

mick.warden@itfc.co.uk

Thank you

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 08:04 - Aug 8 with 2484 viewsN2_Blue

Great to hear this and would be good to let the club know and hopefully it gets back to the staff member involved.

We are all too quick to criticise some of the staffing issues at the ground but equally we should praise those actions that truly deserve it.

I hope you both had an enjoyable day at the game despite the hellish drive (at least it wasn't for a 0-0) and well done ITFC too.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 08:08 - Aug 8 with 2466 viewsEly_Blue

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 08:04 - Aug 8 by N2_Blue

Great to hear this and would be good to let the club know and hopefully it gets back to the staff member involved.

We are all too quick to criticise some of the staffing issues at the ground but equally we should praise those actions that truly deserve it.

I hope you both had an enjoyable day at the game despite the hellish drive (at least it wasn't for a 0-0) and well done ITFC too.

I want to make sure it gets back to him, if I see him at the next match and I’m earlier and he isn’t busy I will also take the time to thank him personally

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 09:10 - Aug 8 with 2299 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 10:03 - Aug 8 with 2132 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 07:24 - Aug 8 by PrideOfTheEast

mick.warden@itfc.co.uk

I know its not, but every time I see that email regarding stewarding, I think it's a wind up.

Anyone know who to contact regarding the bars?

'Yes, it's Dave Ale, dave.ale@itfc.co.uk'

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 10:12 - Aug 8 with 2101 viewsChurchman

That’s really excellent. I’d definitely contact Mark Ashton. This sort of thing makes all the difference.

I hope your good lady enjoyed the day.
Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 10:21 - Aug 8 with 2063 viewsEly_Blue

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 10:12 - Aug 8 by Churchman

That’s really excellent. I’d definitely contact Mark Ashton. This sort of thing makes all the difference.

I hope your good lady enjoyed the day.

She did yes, she not a football person at all and she was slightly worried and I was actually pretty stressed with seeing the queue.

The actions of this one person really made all the difference, I know in hindsight it was caused by us arriving so late but the weather contributed to what should ultimately have been a 3.5 hour journey turning into a 5 hour+ trip up from the Bournemouth area.

The original plan was to travel up on Friday and stay with my mum but I was isolating until Saturday so that went out of the window

Login to get fewer ads

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 11:38 - Aug 8 with 1870 viewsSitfcB

Great to hear as a lot of stewards down there do get stick and rightly so most of the time. Could contact Dan Palfrey on twitter also, he’s the PR manager.

FWIW I believe all the queues had disappeared at around 14:55 ? Well they had in SBR stand anyway, assume it was the same round the ground as looked pretty full inside at 14:50.

I got there at 14:30 and it was a different story!! Didn’t think we’d make it in on time but so many people were queuing at the first set of turnstiles (PR end) and then the furthest one away from PR had next to no queue.

So if you or any else don’t like (Or can’t) queuing etc then could be getting there a little later would work, I know there were large queues even when the turnstiles opened at 13:00 (or 13:30)

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 14:53 - Aug 8 with 1653 viewspowinswitch

I am fairly sure his name is Carl. I know his surname too but won’t say on here. But yes from what I know of him (a mutual friend, who was a steward, and who has now passed), he is a good man
Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 15:33 - Aug 8 with 1562 viewsSteve_M

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 11:38 - Aug 8 by SitfcB

Great to hear as a lot of stewards down there do get stick and rightly so most of the time. Could contact Dan Palfrey on twitter also, he’s the PR manager.

FWIW I believe all the queues had disappeared at around 14:55 ? Well they had in SBR stand anyway, assume it was the same round the ground as looked pretty full inside at 14:50.

I got there at 14:30 and it was a different story!! Didn’t think we’d make it in on time but so many people were queuing at the first set of turnstiles (PR end) and then the furthest one away from PR had next to no queue.

So if you or any else don’t like (Or can’t) queuing etc then could be getting there a little later would work, I know there were large queues even when the turnstiles opened at 13:00 (or 13:30)

The stewards took the sensible approach of checking covid passes along the queue which made a big difference to the speed of entry. I got there about 14:25, spent 10 minutes chatting to people before realising there was a massive queue - was glad to be in for kick off.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 18:53]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 15:40 - Aug 8 with 1551 viewsDyland

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 15:33 - Aug 8 by Steve_M

The stewards took the sensible approach of checking covid passes along the queue which made a big difference to the speed of entry. I got there about 14:25, spent 10 minutes chatting to people before realising there was a massive queue - was glad to be in for kick off.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 18:53]

We got there about 14.40. Went straight to the Pioneer end of the North where there was hardly any queue at the furthest turnstiles. No covid check (ambivalent about that tbh). Was at the bar in less than five minutes after arriving at PR and had time for a cheeky half. So much for worrying it would be a nightmare... fingers crossed we don't all get covid though.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 17:46 - Aug 8 with 1384 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 11:38 - Aug 8 by SitfcB

The queue for the West Stand about 2.15 really wasn’t too bad. Took about 20 minutes. They had someone checking the COVID stuff (no interest in ID) in the queue which helped keep it moving

Poll: Our final position

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 21:50 - Aug 8 with 1203 viewsBryanPlug

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 10:03 - Aug 8 by Cheltenham_Blue

I know its not, but every time I see that email regarding stewarding, I think it's a wind up.

Anyone know who to contact regarding the bars?

'Yes, it's Dave Ale, dave.ale@itfc.co.uk'

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 01:29 - Aug 9 with 1050 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Do the stewards work for ITFC? on 21:50 - Aug 8 by BryanPlug

Frank.ArmitageShanks@itfc.co.uk
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024