Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs 18:11 - Aug 9 with 1508 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58150537

balls

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 18:13 - Aug 9 with 1474 viewsBlueBadger

The sort of people who abhor 'cancel culture' all no doubt be seeking to boycott them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 18:20 - Aug 9 with 1423 viewsfactual_blue

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 18:13 - Aug 9 by BlueBadger

The sort of people who abhor 'cancel culture' all no doubt be seeking to boycott them.

Presumably such people connect the revival of (black) vinyl LPs with the #MeToo movement.

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 18:25 - Aug 9 with 1396 viewsKropotkin123

Best song I've ever heard about the disintegration of an ice shelf.

Hmmm. Guess you'll have to click on it to listen...
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 18:26]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 18:25 - Aug 9 with 1393 viewsMerseyBlue

But if they burn their CDs then they'll be stuck with a digital copy for evermore.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 18:27 - Aug 9 with 1387 viewsfactual_blue

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 18:25 - Aug 9 by MerseyBlue

But if they burn their CDs then they'll be stuck with a digital copy for evermore.

I think digital streaming is a step too far for them.

They suspect that is something foisted on people by the EU, probably on health and safety grounds.

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 18:38 - Aug 9 with 1330 viewsMerseyBlue

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 18:27 - Aug 9 by factual_blue

I think digital streaming is a step too far for them.

They suspect that is something foisted on people by the EU, probably on health and safety grounds.

Well I have heard Bill Gates is uploading ultrasonic trip hop to Spotify which commands you to download Windows 11 and ravenously consume only perfectly straight bananas... so you may be on to something.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 20:50 - Aug 9 with 1158 viewsbluebudgie

So I take it none of you above support Great Britain in the Olympics, seeing as you all seem so ashamed to be British
The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 20:56 - Aug 9 with 1132 viewsEwan_Oozami

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 20:50 - Aug 9 by bluebudgie

So I take it none of you above support Great Britain in the Olympics, seeing as you all seem so ashamed to be British

Sorry, can't reply - too busy pulling down another statue....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:01 - Aug 9 with 1107 viewsbluebudgie

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 20:56 - Aug 9 by Ewan_Oozami

Sorry, can't reply - too busy pulling down another statue....

Is that your attempt at humour,about as funny as catching covid
The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:09 - Aug 9 with 1083 viewsManchesterblue

Still not giving up then, Move on and get a life maybe.

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:12 - Aug 9 with 1061 viewsJ2BLUE

Who?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:15 - Aug 9 with 1043 viewsTonytown

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:09 - Aug 9 by Manchesterblue

Great band, great songs

Imbeciles will hate them for this
The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:21 - Aug 9 with 1018 viewsEwan_Oozami

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:01 - Aug 9 by bluebudgie

Is that your attempt at humour,about as funny as catching covid

I'm British, and the British sense of humour is the best in the world..

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:23 - Aug 9 with 1013 viewsDubtractor

Have to say, as someone who is appalled by the jingoism and nationalism that has taken this country over in the last few years, this looks like a pretty lame publicity stunt by a band that isn't really relevant anymore to change a name that no one at all associated with nationalism.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:25 - Aug 9 with 1009 viewsEwan_Oozami

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:09 - Aug 9 by Manchesterblue

You do realise, that behind the scenes, Brexit is slowly being dismantled piece by piece...

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:45 - Aug 9 with 950 viewsfactual_blue

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:12 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

Who?

Great band - saw them at Belle Vue in Manchester in 1975.

Keith Moon and all.

They played

Substitute
I Can't Explain
Squeeze Box
Heaven and Hell
Tattoo
Baba O'Riley
Behind Blue Eyes
Amazing Journey
Sparks
Eyesight to the Blind
(Sonny Boy Williamson cover)
The Acid Queen
Fiddle About
Pinball Wizard
I'm Free
Tommy's Holiday Camp
We're Not Gonna Take It
See Me, Feel Me
Summertime Blues
(Eddie Cochran cover)
Drowned
5:15
My Generation
Join Together
Let's See Action
Magic Bus
Won't Get Fooled Again

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-who/1975/kings-hall-at-belle-vue-manchester-e

The Steve Gibbons Band was the support act.

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:47 - Aug 9 with 938 viewsfactual_blue

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:25 - Aug 9 by Ewan_Oozami

You do realise, that behind the scenes, Brexit is slowly being dismantled piece by piece...

Although, for the first time in living memory, I saw an ad in a local shop window for potato pickers.

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:50 - Aug 9 with 919 viewsfactual_blue

You're meant to say 'you lost, get over it'.

Although your version is equally lacking in any depth or insight.

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:51 - Aug 9 with 915 viewsronnyd

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 21:12 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

Who?

Ditto
The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 22:01 - Aug 9 with 897 viewsWat_tyler

The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 20:50 - Aug 9 by bluebudgie

We're more ashamed to see you associated with ITFC, truth be told.
The fifty-two percenters will be burning their CDs on 07:14 - Aug 10 with 727 viewssolomon

They could just re name themselves British tidal power? Seems much more on message for the current climate crisis.....

Just a thought
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024