Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium announcer 22:20 - Aug 9 with 3667 viewsKuqishitsonpukki

Anyone else concerned at all with the vibe coming from the new stadium announcer?? For me he just sounded like he was 79 year old Fred commentating over the tannoy live from the Westleton barrel fair!! Luckily the sound didn’t really work too well where I sit in SBR but the snippets I did catch seemed highly unlikely to get people off their seats.

Lots of awkward links and just didn’t seem to come very naturally. I mean no harm or intend to disrespect anyone but IMO he seemed a bit out of touch. For me this was the perfect time to freshen this part of the match day experience up, we need someone young fresh and exciting to appeal to the younger fans, bring some energy in and bring the club up to a modern day match experience, listening to him reminded me of tuning into Radio Suffolk, it’s a little outdated and not quite up to speed, although a good swathe of fans really like it, unfortunately it’s not moving with the times. Is their anyone on here that can share this opinion with those that matter at the club with a chance of sorting this out before we have to endure a whole season of it??
Stadium announcer on 22:27 - Aug 9 with 3259 viewsAlexGreen

Define 'sorting this out'? Like, firing him?

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Stadium announcer on 22:31 - Aug 9 with 3219 viewsChocorange

I think it was Stephen Foster the DJ , the guy that hosted the live fans forum that was streamed recently , He must be around 60 I would guess.
Stadium announcer on 22:31 - Aug 9 with 3214 viewsGogs

Isn't it Foz (Stephen Foster) who used to be a regular presenter on Radio Suffolk?
Stadium announcer on 22:32 - Aug 9 with 3215 viewswkj

It did get me wound up a little I must admit. I have worked on radio and announcing in my 20's and genuinely would have considered applying if I saw a vacancy. However, it takes time - and the equipment isn't fully up to snuff. Give him a little time to find his groove - he's had a hell of a big pair of shoes to fill coming in after Rob Chandler.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Stadium announcer on 22:34 - Aug 9 with 3179 viewstonydinning

Admittedly, I only got into the ground about 10 minutes before the kickoff and the PA was barely audible but it seemed to be that the opportunity to big up the entire occasion was missed in how the match was presented.

First competitive match with an unrestricted capacity (a welcome redemption after 18 months to forget)

First match of new era of ownership and a million new players

Just felt like any old game in any old season

Poll: Is it time to rotate keepers and give Walton his spot back?

Stadium announcer on 22:36 - Aug 9 with 3146 viewsBryanPlug

Stadium announcer on 22:31 - Aug 9 by Chocorange

I think it was Stephen Foster the DJ , the guy that hosted the live fans forum that was streamed recently , He must be around 60 I would guess.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Stadium announcer on 22:38 - Aug 9 with 3138 viewsBLUEBEAT

It’s a little sad that Rob Chandler isn’t part of this new ‘revolution’

He was a real link between the club and the fans

Poll: W or W

Stadium announcer on 22:42 - Aug 9 with 3113 viewsKuqishitsonpukki

Stadium announcer on 22:31 - Aug 9 by Gogs

Isn't it Foz (Stephen Foster) who used to be a regular presenter on Radio Suffolk?

That’l be why it reminded me of Radio Suffolk then!! Happy to give him a chance but he just doesn’t strike me as the type to be able to gee up the crowd and get the place jumping, big shoes to fill of course and we’ve all got so used to Rob Chandler over the years but it just feels like much more of the same when we could have freshened it up with someone with a little more energy.
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium announcer on 22:49 - Aug 9 with 3068 viewsPinewoodblue

Needs a more dynamic approach ..sorry Fos doesn't fit the bill.

If Town could bring an announcer in on transfer from another club who would you suggest?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Stadium announcer on 22:55 - Aug 9 with 3016 viewsKuqishitsonpukki

Stadium announcer on 22:27 - Aug 9 by AlexGreen

Basically! But without being so radical, i don’t wish harm on the chap. I am sure he has a role to play but he seemed a little uninspiring from what I heard. I don’t mean to spread negativity and this is purely my humble opinion, just being honest and figured it couldn’t just be me that felt it on Saturday.

As has been mentioned if you can’t get the crowd going for such a momentous occasion after we’ve all been away for so long then what will it be like in the middle of November when we’ve lost a couple of games on the bounce (let’s hope it doesn’t but realistically it’l happen at some point)

How about teaming him up with someone a bit fresher sounding, who can do segments of the build up and also appeal a bit more to the youngsters? Or something along those lines..
Stadium announcer on 23:17 - Aug 9 with 2918 viewsGogs

Stadium announcer on 22:42 - Aug 9 by Kuqishitsonpukki

That’l be why it reminded me of Radio Suffolk then!! Happy to give him a chance but he just doesn’t strike me as the type to be able to gee up the crowd and get the place jumping, big shoes to fill of course and we’ve all got so used to Rob Chandler over the years but it just feels like much more of the same when we could have freshened it up with someone with a little more energy.

Foz is a good chap and a big ITFC fan (and a fan of all things Ipswich in general), but I've always found him really rather boring on Radio Suffolk, and I can't imagine he'd be much better on the PA at Portman Road. Did he play anything by Dr Feelgood during the warm-up? He always does at his quizzes and on his radio shows. It's a bit of an on-running joke as they're his favourite band. The joke's not very funny, mind
Stadium announcer on 23:33 - Aug 9 with 2867 viewsSuperCoops

Stadium announcer on 22:27 - Aug 9 by AlexGreen

Sounds like he's blissfully unaware of people's thoughts of his performance?
Stadium announcer on 08:00 - Aug 10 with 2469 viewsCrockerITFC

Stadium announcer on 22:32 - Aug 9 by wkj

It did get me wound up a little I must admit. I have worked on radio and announcing in my 20's and genuinely would have considered applying if I saw a vacancy. However, it takes time - and the equipment isn't fully up to snuff. Give him a little time to find his groove - he's had a hell of a big pair of shoes to fill coming in after Rob Chandler.

He's doing it for free that's why there wasn't a job vacancy
Stadium announcer on 08:04 - Aug 10 with 2437 viewstextbackup

Stadium announcer on 22:49 - Aug 9 by Pinewoodblue

If Town could bring an announcer in on transfer from another club who would you suggest?

Tim westwood

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Stadium announcer on 08:12 - Aug 10 with 2405 viewswitchdoctor

Stadium announcer on 23:17 - Aug 9 by Gogs

Foz is a good chap and a big ITFC fan (and a fan of all things Ipswich in general), but I've always found him really rather boring on Radio Suffolk, and I can't imagine he'd be much better on the PA at Portman Road. Did he play anything by Dr Feelgood during the warm-up? He always does at his quizzes and on his radio shows. It's a bit of an on-running joke as they're his favourite band. The joke's not very funny, mind

pleasantly suprised that I received an email from the club yesterday asking me to fill out a short.. 4 question ….survey about the noise level/ quality of the tannoy system on Saturday…good that the new regime are quick on the uptake on maters such as these..it’s the little things….
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 8:19]
Stadium announcer on 08:17 - Aug 10 with 2367 viewsCrockerITFC

Get Megaphone Man in to do the job
Stadium announcer on 08:25 - Aug 10 with 2324 viewsDubtractor

The mix of a softly spoken radio dj with a pa that has dreadful muffled sound is a terrible combination.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 9:01]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Stadium announcer on 08:52 - Aug 10 with 2203 viewsblu_dru

Stadium announcer on 22:49 - Aug 9 by Pinewoodblue

Zed from Police Academy
Stadium announcer on 09:00 - Aug 10 with 2173 viewsPinewoodblue

Stadium announcer on 08:25 - Aug 10 by Dubtractor

The mix of a softly spoken radio dj with a pa that has dreadful muffled sound is a terrible combination.

With any PA system input is just as important as output.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Stadium announcer on 09:02 - Aug 10 with 2143 viewsCrockerITFC

Stadium announcer on 22:31 - Aug 9 by Chocorange

Fosbury Flop
Isn't he a massive nonce.....? on 09:24 - Aug 10 with 2068 viewsBloots

Stadium announcer on 08:04 - Aug 10 by textbackup

Tim westwood

....(allegedly, obviously)

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Isn't he a massive nonce.....? on 09:37 - Aug 10 with 2012 viewstextbackup

Isn't he a massive nonce.....? on 09:24 - Aug 10 by Bloots

....(allegedly, obviously)

ffs, I liked him when I was 17!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Stadium announcer on 09:44 - Aug 10 with 1985 viewsBluespeed225

Fosters voice doesn’t suit radio, so how he’s managed to work in it for so long is beyond me. Coma inducing. At least he didn’t try and mention Dr Feelgood.
Stadium announcer on 10:11 - Aug 10 with 1909 viewstivo

The tannoy is crap. True.

But even with the crap tannoy I could understand what Rob Chandler was saying. This mumbly old *** just makes the crap tannoy situation worse.
Stadium announcer on 10:41 - Aug 10 with 1853 viewsWarkystache

Stadium announcer on 08:25 - Aug 10 by Dubtractor

I couldn't hear a thing in SBRL. And he forgot the half-time scores.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024