Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheltenham away roll call... 13:25 - Aug 11 with 3198 viewsbluelagos

Google says it's a 3 and a 1/2 hour run, for an evening game - that's like longer than it takes to get to many Yorkshire/Lancs matches.

First super fan thread of the season :-)

(Tickets defo still on sale btw)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Cheltenham away roll call... on 19:14 - Aug 11 with 1073 viewsFreddies_Ears

Google is a bit optimistic - it's more likely to be a 4-hour drive, given you'd be on the M25 /M40 at a very busy time of day...
Cheltenham away roll call... on 19:53 - Aug 11 with 1048 viewsbluelagos

Cheltenham away roll call... on 19:14 - Aug 11 by Freddies_Ears

Google is a bit optimistic - it's more likely to be a 4-hour drive, given you'd be on the M25 /M40 at a very busy time of day...

One for the Kwaka if its dry...

Cheltenham away roll call... on 20:32 - Aug 11 with 1021 viewsWD19

Yes, but I am halfway there already….

And may well stay down there for a few days….
Cheltenham away roll call... on 20:49 - Aug 11 with 1001 viewshatch

Cheltenham away roll call... on 18:54 - Aug 11 by KTBlue

Yep I'm going and am staying over so will make a day,/night of it.This is exactly the type of fixture you think of and look forward to when dropping down to league 1

This.

Managed to get a 4th ticket today so me and boys are heading up from London Tuesday morning for a round of golf, then bar crawl, game, pub, hotel, golf the next day then home. Proper midweeker
Cheltenham away roll call... on 23:03 - Aug 11 with 955 viewsKeaneish

I be there. Weighing up whether to drive or get a ridiculously priced GWR carriage from Paddington. If anyone is getting rid of a few tickets, I’m
In the market for two.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Cheltenham away roll call... on 10:58 - Aug 12 with 890 viewsGuthrum

Cheltenham away roll call... on 19:14 - Aug 11 by Freddies_Ears

A14 - A428 - dogleg south across the M1 to Black Cat - A421 - A43 south - M40 south one junction - A34 - A40 (slightly fiddly junction) - Cheltenham. Much of it dual carriageway nowadays (including through Milton Keynes, 70mph limit), avoids London and a chunk of the Oxford traffic.

Tho the first bit of the A40 from Oxford on is likely to be slow at rush hour (which will be a problem either way).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cheltenham away roll call... on 11:12 - Aug 12 with 880 viewsGuthrum

Cheltenham away roll call... on 19:53 - Aug 11 by bluelagos

One for the Kwaka if its dry...

If you're doing that, then head the route I mention in the reply next to this, but take the B4031 instead of the A43, past Aynho and Deddington, then the A361 to Chipping Norton and the A44 towards Moreton-in-Marsh, turn off on the A436 to Stow-on-the-Wold*, dogleg across at the lights onto the B4068, then A436 and A40 into Cheltenham. Much better biking country than ploughing along the A40 behind an artic with a solid stream of cars coming the other way.

* You can cut this corner off using minor roads, plus going past the Rollright Stones, but easier to look at a map than explain the route.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cheltenham away roll call... on 12:58 - Aug 12 with 852 viewsbluelagos

Cheltenham away roll call... on 11:12 - Aug 12 by Guthrum

If you're doing that, then head the route I mention in the reply next to this, but take the B4031 instead of the A43, past Aynho and Deddington, then the A361 to Chipping Norton and the A44 towards Moreton-in-Marsh, turn off on the A436 to Stow-on-the-Wold*, dogleg across at the lights onto the B4068, then A436 and A40 into Cheltenham. Much better biking country than ploughing along the A40 behind an artic with a solid stream of cars coming the other way.

* You can cut this corner off using minor roads, plus going past the Rollright Stones, but easier to look at a map than explain the route.

Cheers.

Twisties there, motorways home :-)

Login to get fewer ads

Cheltenham away roll call... on 13:19 - Aug 12 with 845 viewsFoD_Blue

About a 45 minute drive for me and ticket secured so I'm in.
I work about 15 minutes from the ground, but still working from home so have to put the extra effort in to get there. #Superfan
Cheltenham away roll call... on 16:46 - Aug 12 with 817 viewsFBI

Yep. Into Cheltenham Spa station on the train from Tiverton landing at 6:13. My first ever Town game on my own... at 54 :-o

Taxi or walk...hmm...

Anyone else likely to be in the vicinity?

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Cheltenham away roll call... on 18:15 - Aug 12 with 782 viewsfloridablue

Cheltenham away roll call... on 16:46 - Aug 12 by FBI

Yep. Into Cheltenham Spa station on the train from Tiverton landing at 6:13. My first ever Town game on my own... at 54 :-o

Taxi or walk...hmm...

Bloody heck... you're arriving at 6 13 in the morning!! Plenty of time to enjoy the walk eerm around Cheltenham. Hope the result makes the day worthwhile!
Cheltenham away roll call... on 18:46 - Aug 12 with 769 viewsMeadowlark

Making a (very) long weekend of it. If the tickets ever turn up!

Out early Saturday morning, back Wednesday.
Cheltenham away roll call... on 22:43 - Aug 12 with 735 viewsFBI

Cheltenham away roll call... on 18:15 - Aug 12 by floridablue

Bloody heck... you're arriving at 6 13 in the morning!! Plenty of time to enjoy the walk eerm around Cheltenham. Hope the result makes the day worthwhile!

:-D Oh alright, 18:13!!!

Cheltenham away roll call... on 23:03 - Aug 12 with 722 viewsBugs

Cheltenham away roll call... on 16:46 - Aug 12 by FBI

Taxi or walk...hmm...

I was born in Tiverton (moved to Suffolk when I was 6 months old) and it happens to be my birthday on the 17th.

I'm going with my Mrs to the game and we're spending 3 nights in Cheltenham to see what delights it (and the Cotswolds) have to offer.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 23:03]
Cheltenham away roll call... on 00:44 - Aug 13 with 681 viewscatch74

If anyone suddenly needs to sell a ticket, I know someone who can now go. Ok - it’s me, gutted I can’t get a ticket.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Cheltenham away roll call... on 01:14 - Aug 13 with 671 viewsfloridablue

Cheltenham away roll call... on 22:43 - Aug 12 by FBI

:-D Oh alright, 18:13!!!

My mistake, for some reason I was thinking Cheltenham was this Saturdays game, so was surprised when you said you were arriving at 6 13 which I guessed was the morning!
Enjoy!
Cheltenham away roll call... on 09:48 - Aug 13 with 603 viewsFBI

Cheltenham away roll call... on 01:14 - Aug 13 by floridablue

My mistake, for some reason I was thinking Cheltenham was this Saturdays game, so was surprised when you said you were arriving at 6 13 which I guessed was the morning!
Enjoy!

Heheh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024