Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burton (a)/away games in general 21:56 - Aug 11 with 1469 viewsLeics_Blue

Hi all, does anyone have a good idea about the time frames for when the team bus gets to an away ground? I’m taking my 7 year old on Saturday and want to get there early and maybe see the players getting off the coach to try and really get her hooked (a win will obviously also help!!)

Any advice appreciated.
Burton (a)/away games in general on 21:59 - Aug 11 with 1442 viewsSitfcB

I’d say around 90 mins before kick off.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Burton (a)/away games in general on 22:06 - Aug 11 with 1420 viewsFixed_It

Just be aware that they won't stop for selfies or autographs due to covid restrictions - not sure how close you'll be allowed to be.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Burton (a)/away games in general on 22:08 - Aug 11 with 1421 viewsLesta_Tractor

Not sure what time the players will arrive but if you get there early enough you'll be able to park at the ground and as it's so small the coaches should be easy to spot.

Nice easy away game from Leicester too.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Burton (a)/away games in general on 08:12 - Aug 12 with 1205 viewsLeics_Blue

Burton (a)/away games in general on 22:08 - Aug 11 by Lesta_Tractor

Not sure what time the players will arrive but if you get there early enough you'll be able to park at the ground and as it's so small the coaches should be easy to spot.

Nice easy away game from Leicester too.

Nice one cheers, nice and close to home but still waiting for the tickets on the post!!
Burton (a)/away games in general on 08:12 - Aug 12 with 1204 viewsLeics_Blue

Burton (a)/away games in general on 21:59 - Aug 11 by SitfcB

Cheers mate
Burton (a)/away games in general on 08:13 - Aug 12 with 1201 viewsLeics_Blue

Burton (a)/away games in general on 22:06 - Aug 11 by Fixed_It

Just be aware that they won't stop for selfies or autographs due to covid restrictions - not sure how close you'll be allowed to be.

Good thinking, will see how we get on.
Burton (a)/away games in general on 08:23 - Aug 12 with 1176 viewsbluelagos

Started my career in Burton in the early 90s. Marstons, Bass and Allied all had big sites and head offices in town then so Burton is considered the home of British brewing, even housed a museum at what was the Bass Brewery. Has a number of traditional tap houses too.

Real ale bods should check out the Coopers arms and my favourite , the Burton Bridge Brewery and pub (just as you come into town)

Anyone who is particularly keen could try the Horningloe run, a pub crawl down the Horningloe road though I guess 30 years of pub closures might mean its less of a challenge.

Was also home to the best ever named curry house, the Balti Towers :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Burton (a)/away games in general on 08:40 - Aug 12 with 1149 viewsLesta_Tractor

Burton (a)/away games in general on 08:12 - Aug 12 by Leics_Blue

Nice one cheers, nice and close to home but still waiting for the tickets on the post!!

Wish I'd got tickets now, was supposed to be playing hockey but the game's been cancelled 🙄

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Login to get fewer ads

Burton (a)/away games in general on 08:42 - Aug 12 with 1142 viewsWallingford_Boy

Burton (a)/away games in general on 22:06 - Aug 11 by Fixed_It

They all did at Dartford.

RIP Sir Bobby

Burton (a)/away games in general on 09:01 - Aug 12 with 1108 viewsFreddies_Ears

Burton (a)/away games in general on 08:23 - Aug 12 by bluelagos

Started my career in Burton in the early 90s. Marstons, Bass and Allied all had big sites and head offices in town then so Burton is considered the home of British brewing, even housed a museum at what was the Bass Brewery. Has a number of traditional tap houses too.

Real ale bods should check out the Coopers arms and my favourite , the Burton Bridge Brewery and pub (just as you come into town)

Anyone who is particularly keen could try the Horningloe run, a pub crawl down the Horningloe road though I guess 30 years of pub closures might mean its less of a challenge.

Have to mention the Weighbridge Inn, near the station, owned by Town fans Richard & Mandy Muir. In addition to their own, excellent, Muirhouse ales, they also have a couple of Awaydays (ITFC) beers this weekend.
Burton (a)/away games in general on 09:54 - Aug 12 with 1068 viewsLeics_Blue

Burton (a)/away games in general on 08:40 - Aug 12 by Lesta_Tractor

Wish I'd got tickets now, was supposed to be playing hockey but the game's been cancelled 🙄

Worth trying still, not sure if we have sold out or not but I got 2 x general sale on Tuesday. Admittedly in the seating as I dont think my daughter is ready for her first away game to be stood on a terrace!!

The only risk is them not turning up in the post on time I guess.
Burton (a)/away games in general on 10:17 - Aug 12 with 1043 viewsTIB

Burton (a)/away games in general on 09:01 - Aug 12 by Freddies_Ears

Have to mention the Weighbridge Inn, near the station, owned by Town fans Richard & Mandy Muir. In addition to their own, excellent, Muirhouse ales, they also have a couple of Awaydays (ITFC) beers this weekend.

Bit of Pablo's Pale and Butcher's Bandage to be enjoyed at The Weighbridge Inn for Town fans this weekend.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Burton (a)/away games in general on 10:26 - Aug 12 with 1009 viewsWD19

Burton (a)/away games in general on 08:23 - Aug 12 by bluelagos

I did the museum tour before the game a couple of years ago. Most on the tour were Town fans. Was a perfectly pleasant way to idle away a couple of hours with some free beer at the end.
Burton (a)/away games in general on 13:02 - Aug 12 with 951 viewsbluelagos

Burton (a)/away games in general on 10:26 - Aug 12 by WD19

I did the museum tour before the game a couple of years ago. Most on the tour were Town fans. Was a perfectly pleasant way to idle away a couple of hours with some free beer at the end.

https://lifeafterfootball839.wordpress.com/2020/10/31/the-horninglow-mile/

It was the Horninglow mile not the Horninglow run :-)

Used to have around a dozen pubs on it and you could do a pint or a half dependent on your drinking legs.

TWTD

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Burton (a)/away games in general on 10:24 - Aug 16 with 777 viewsLeics_Blue

Burton (a)/away games in general on 21:59 - Aug 11 by SitfcB

Thanks for the advice here on the team bus arrival time, you were spot on it arrived at 1:30 and we were there to see it and even got a picture of my daughter with Paul Cook who was very kind and accommodating!

Also saw Mark Ashton who let us passed him between some barriers but I bottled asking for a selfie for her with him too.

We also met Louis Barry's dad randomly at the bar before the game who gave us a signed picture of Louis Barry from the game when he scored that wonder goal at Anfield for Villa in the cup.

A few victories now is all that is needed to really cement things.......otherwise the Leicester bandwagon in the background could de-rail future supporting loyalty negotiations!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024