Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skybets interesting 18:06 - Aug 29 with 1488 viewschrismakin

Few bets on the f1. The likes of Gasly etc to win,

bets lost as results stand...... 2 laps behind a safety car where it's illegal to overtake, how is that even legal lol.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Skybets interesting on 18:12 - Aug 29 with 1447 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Because the F1 has a declared result, so there would be a lot more fuss if they didn’t honour bets and payout to those that have won, and rightly so

If it’s any consolation your bet was ridiculous and would have lost anyway
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 18:13]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Skybets interesting on 18:15 - Aug 29 with 1436 viewschrismakin

Skybets interesting on 18:12 - Aug 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Because the F1 has a declared result, so there would be a lot more fuss if they didn’t honour bets and payout to those that have won, and rightly so

Not for betvictor clearly, paid out on max and all other bets as void, fair play

In a wet race, You never know what can happen

Just find it hilarious that they can keep people's money on something that couldn't happen.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 18:20]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Skybets interesting on 18:19 - Aug 29 with 1421 viewsJ2BLUE

Skybets interesting on 18:15 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

Not for betvictor clearly, paid out on max and all other bets as void, fair play

Just find it hilarious that they can keep people's money on something that couldn't happen.

If people knew something could happen then the bookies have no case to answer. If the rule is widely known and you choose to bet that is on you.

I've been caught out enough betting on players to have shots on target etc only to see them subbed 15 minutes into the second half. That's on me, not the bookie.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Skybets interesting on 18:24 - Aug 29 with 1401 viewschrismakin

Skybets interesting on 18:19 - Aug 29 by J2BLUE

If people knew something could happen then the bookies have no case to answer. If the rule is widely known and you choose to bet that is on you.

I've been caught out enough betting on players to have shots on target etc only to see them subbed 15 minutes into the second half. That's on me, not the bookie.

No i get that,

but when you have only have 2 laps of cars following a safety car where no one can pass each other, and that's how the 'race' finishes after those 2 laps, no one other than the leader can win the race. just bizarre how that's seen as legal

Skybets interesting on 18:25 - Aug 29 with 1392 viewsJ2BLUE

Skybets interesting on 18:24 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

No i get that,

but when you have only have 2 laps of cars following a safety car where no one can pass each other, and that's how the 'race' finishes after those 2 laps, no one other than the leader can win the race. just bizarre how that's seen as legal

Because it was known that it's a possibility.

Truly impaired.

Skybets interesting on 18:28 - Aug 29 with 1378 viewschrismakin

Skybets interesting on 18:25 - Aug 29 by J2BLUE

Because it was known that it's a possibility.

oh i see what you mean, well certainly learned something about f1 and bets today lol.

Skybets interesting on 18:29 - Aug 29 with 1376 viewsTractorFrog

I had a fiver on Lando Norris to get a podium (made before qualifying). To be honest, the betting companies should just assume that was a normal race when handing out money. No need to pay people back if they were wrong.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Skybets interesting on 18:43 - Aug 29 with 1306 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Skybets interesting on 18:15 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

That’s lovely of Bet Victor, but there isn’t any onus on the bookies to do so. Can only assume Bet Victor decided the financial loss was outweighed by the goodwill they’d garner

Login to get fewer ads

Skybets interesting on 18:43 - Aug 29 with 1309 viewstazdac

Skybets interesting on 18:24 - Aug 29 by chrismakin

No i get that,

Cars have been known to crash under a safety car, especially in those conditions :o)
Skybets interesting on 18:53 - Aug 29 with 1274 viewstractorboy7777

Skybets interesting on 18:12 - Aug 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That seems to be the case where they’re not paying out winners too

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Skybets interesting on 19:31 - Aug 29 with 1177 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Skybets interesting on 18:53 - Aug 29 by tractorboy7777

That seems to be the case where they’re not paying out winners too

Given the only example you can find is someone who had Bottas down not to score points, and the fact it shows the bet as lost rather than void, I’d wager that’s just an error somewhere rather than them not paying out on it being a race…

Skybets interesting on 19:54 - Aug 29 with 1119 viewstractorboy7777

Skybets interesting on 19:31 - Aug 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Given the only example you can find is someone who had Bottas down not to score points, and the fact it shows the bet as lost rather than void, I’d wager that’s just an error somewhere rather than them not paying out on it being a race…

Yep looks like that was right there! Just seen that’s been reversed now and the bet is a win.

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Skybets interesting on 16:50 - Aug 30 with 944 viewsJ2BLUE

I take all my comments in this thread back. I assumed the final 2 laps were with a safety car. Didn't realise that was the entire race. Sorry cm! You have the right to be annoyed.

Truly impaired.

Skybets interesting on 17:44 - Aug 30 with 868 viewschrismakin

Skybets interesting on 16:50 - Aug 30 by J2BLUE

I take all my comments in this thread back. I assumed the final 2 laps were with a safety car. Didn't realise that was the entire race. Sorry cm! You have the right to be annoyed.

Ah Sorry mate, I didn't explain it well

Yeah, really annoying. I did see after this thread that it's in their terms, which i find incredible tbh and you were still right tho, if you bet you should look at terms etc.. so my own fault in that i guess

Had I known, i'd have done a bet on the top 5 lol. That 'race' was never going to be 'normal'

Just amazed, that 2 laps can legally be classed as a race when you can't legally overtake. I still don't know how they can even have terms to that effect

Skybets interesting on 17:55 - Aug 30 with 840 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Skybets interesting on 17:44 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

Yeah, really annoying. I did see after this thread that it's in their terms, which i find incredible tbh and you were still right tho, if you bet you should look at terms etc.. so my own fault in that i guess

Had I known, i'd have done a bet on the top 5 lol. That 'race' was never going to be 'normal'

Just amazed, that 2 laps can legally be classed as a race when you can't legally overtake. I still don't know how they can even have terms to that effect

I have no idea why you’re banging on about ‘terms’ here, the bookies aren’t applying anything obscure they’re just treating it as a race as it is officially a race. It is the rules of F1 that allow for a race to be declared after 2 laps

Skybets interesting on 18:02 - Aug 30 with 818 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Skybets interesting on 17:44 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

Worth saying that in their terms for F1 betting, they state that it’s on the official result as announced by the F1 governing body.

So even though that it was only 2 laps behind a safety car, as soon as the race result is given, Skybet have no choice but to payout on that result whether they agree or not.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Skybets interesting on 18:18 - Aug 30 with 774 viewschrismakin

Skybets interesting on 17:55 - Aug 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I have no idea why you’re banging on about ‘terms’ here, the bookies aren’t applying anything obscure they’re just treating it as a race as it is officially a race. It is the rules of F1 that allow for a race to be declared after 2 laps

Like I said. I wasnt aware of such and also didnt know this when placing the bets. As I said. My fault. Learnt for next time.

Doesnt mean I'm not allowed to find it amazing that you can even have terms like that when theres 0 chance of overtaking permitted therefore your bet is lost before the race even starts. As I say. Learnt for next time.

Skybets interesting on 18:40 - Aug 30 with 751 viewsWestover

If you can't win you can't lose money should be returned, had a driver down the grid passed all and finished first after the two laps he would have been disqualified and they would not pay out on him so if you can't win you can't lose.
Skybets interesting on 19:09 - Aug 30 with 705 viewsRadlett_blue

Skybets interesting on 18:18 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

Like I said. I wasnt aware of such and also didnt know this when placing the bets. As I said. My fault. Learnt for next time.

Doesnt mean I'm not allowed to find it amazing that you can even have terms like that when theres 0 chance of overtaking permitted therefore your bet is lost before the race even starts. As I say. Learnt for next time.

I doubt you, or most people who hadn't read the full F1 rule book, would expect a result to be declared (even with 50% of points awarded) on the basis of a "race" consisting of 2 laps behind a safety car. I can only guess they did this so that they could claim to the broadcasters that a "race" had taken place & thus no broadcasting fees would be returned.
Whether the unfortunate spectators will get a refund, I don't know, but that might depend on F1 being willing to refund their high fee to the track owners/operators.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Skybets interesting on 20:12 - Aug 30 with 648 viewschrismakin

Skybets interesting on 19:09 - Aug 30 by Radlett_blue

I doubt you, or most people who hadn't read the full F1 rule book, would expect a result to be declared (even with 50% of points awarded) on the basis of a "race" consisting of 2 laps behind a safety car. I can only guess they did this so that they could claim to the broadcasters that a "race" had taken place & thus no broadcasting fees would be returned.
Whether the unfortunate spectators will get a refund, I don't know, but that might depend on F1 being willing to refund their high fee to the track owners/operators.

Think the FIA need to be careful here

If they refund the spectators. They then admit it wasnt a race.. that could then have a knock on. Will be interesting as they are thinking about it.

Skybets interesting on 22:21 - Aug 30 with 589 viewsRadlett_blue

Skybets interesting on 20:12 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

Think the FIA need to be careful here

If they refund the spectators. They then admit it wasnt a race.. that could then have a knock on. Will be interesting as they are thinking about it.

I believe discussions are going on between the FIA & the circuit owners. If the promoters give fans some sort of refund, they will have a huge hole in their pocket, which can only be made good if Liberty Media are prepared to take the financial hit. Some of their broadcasting partners might also want a refund.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024