Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook 12:29 - Aug 30 with 4062 viewsBluefish

The signings feel bizarre, they would feel bizarre before a ball is kicked but 5 games in and watching our failings it becomes even worse. He is chucking sh*t and it isn't even at the right wall

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:51 - Aug 30 with 1025 viewsBluefish

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:48 - Aug 30 by SomethingBlue

First three sentences are the key here.

Hello SB you watch a lot of football. Do you have any basis to suggest that celina has kicked on along way since his last spell here? Our most credible manager in the past 15 years deemed him not completely trustworthy and his performances backed it up too. Some nice cameos but lots of going missing or giving away possession

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:56 - Aug 30 with 997 viewschrismakin

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:51 - Aug 30 by Bluefish

Hello SB you watch a lot of football. Do you have any basis to suggest that celina has kicked on along way since his last spell here? Our most credible manager in the past 15 years deemed him not completely trustworthy and his performances backed it up too. Some nice cameos but lots of going missing or giving away possession

This is an Ashton signing IMO due to his previous links with Djon.

I'm still not convinced every signing has been pure PC either. Some things just don't fit the mould i'd expect considering his past squads.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:57 - Aug 30 with 1010 viewsSomethingBlue

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:51 - Aug 30 by Bluefish

Didn't see him for Dijon, did a bit at Swansea and have covered Kosovo a lot. He's more "efficient" now than he was under Mick, in my opinion, but then you'd expect that looking at his age and experience at the time. Let's see. We've wanted to do this all summer and in the last few days we've had a clear run at it, for one reason or another, so I'm very happy we are getting it done.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 17:08 - Aug 30 with 973 viewsBluefish

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:57 - Aug 30 by SomethingBlue

Didn't see him for Dijon, did a bit at Swansea and have covered Kosovo a lot. He's more "efficient" now than he was under Mick, in my opinion, but then you'd expect that looking at his age and experience at the time. Let's see. We've wanted to do this all summer and in the last few days we've had a clear run at it, for one reason or another, so I'm very happy we are getting it done.

I would expect more efficient but less raw and exciting but have you seen enough recently to suggest he will be the best player in the league like the bandwagon on here? Have you even seen enough to suggest he will hold down starting place with all of our other options?

I would chalk him down as an exciting gamble than the best player in the league and a dead cert

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 17:13 - Aug 30 with 961 views_sanctimoanious_

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 17:08 - Aug 30 by Bluefish

I would expect more efficient but less raw and exciting but have you seen enough recently to suggest he will be the best player in the league like the bandwagon on here? Have you even seen enough to suggest he will hold down starting place with all of our other options?

I would chalk him down as an exciting gamble than the best player in the league and a dead cert

Obviously he will be seen as a step up at div 3 level. He was playing Ligue 1 last season after 3 sessions at Championship level. He has been transferred for around 10m+ before the age of 25 years old. Like any player it may not work out but why on earth are trying so damn hard to discredit it?

Maybe we should have persevered with Alan Judge and Sears?
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 17:13]
If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 17:15 - Aug 30 with 952 viewsBluefish

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 17:13 - Aug 30 by _sanctimoanious_

Obviously he will be seen as a step up at div 3 level. He was playing Ligue 1 last season after 3 sessions at Championship level. He has been transferred for around 10m+ before the age of 25 years old. Like any player it may not work out but why on earth are trying so damn hard to discredit it?

Maybe we should have persevered with Alan Judge and Sears?
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 17:13]

Well we used to win sometimes with Judge and Sears so you are probably right

As I say he is a gamble in a position where we don't need players and it ignores the big gaps elsewhere. He is being treated as a world cup winner

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 17:19 - Aug 30 with 944 views_sanctimoanious_

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 17:15 - Aug 30 by Bluefish

Well we used to win sometimes with Judge and Sears so you are probably right

As I say he is a gamble in a position where we don't need players and it ignores the big gaps elsewhere. He is being treated as a world cup winner

that's hyperbole.

Just a very very good signing at this level. If Wigan signed him I'm sure you would be watching on with envious eyes but ho hum.
If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 17:24 - Aug 30 with 923 viewsBluefish

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 17:19 - Aug 30 by _sanctimoanious_

that's hyperbole.

Just a very very good signing at this level. If Wigan signed him I'm sure you would be watching on with envious eyes but ho hum.

I would be watching to see if the show pony with an attitude has progressed on to being consistent enough to help a promotion side

Login to get fewer ads

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 19:28 - Aug 30 with 815 viewsBlueNomad

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 17:24 - Aug 30 by Bluefish

I would be watching to see if the show pony with an attitude has progressed on to being consistent enough to help a promotion side

Maybe he’s cover for Edwards?
If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 20:13 - Aug 30 with 783 viewsBluefish

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 19:28 - Aug 30 by BlueNomad

Maybe he’s cover for Edwards?

Maybe but our fan base seems to think the player that they haven't seen kick a ball for years is the greatest thing ever.

We could also develop our own player as cover or maybe Barry, plus all the others......Chaplin, fraser, penney, coulson etc

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 20:34 - Aug 30 with 743 viewsistanblue

Seems a bit of a luxury signing for sure, but Celina would be a step up on what we have. I think Cook is getting a little desperate (he said it was ''most likely our business was finished'' and then we get reports of Celina, Morsy and Walton incoming) but he has to make these signings. The ''out 'til Christmas'' myth is a red herring. His doctor has given him the all-clear to resume training.
If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 22:19 - Aug 30 with 698 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well that just makes no sense.

No club in this league if they can sign Celina, wouldn’t. Not a single one. He’s that good.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 22:26 - Aug 30 with 687 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 22:19 - Aug 30 by The_Romford_Blue

Well that just makes no sense.

No club in this league if they can sign Celina, wouldn’t. Not a single one. He’s that good.

When he has just begun a recovery from a serious heart condition?

I hope we are getting the player many seem to think we are. I fear we are not. And the bigger issue for me is he is not solving the main issue we have right now. If Walton, getting Edmundson fit and another signing solve the defensive problems we have then great. However, I am not going to get overly excited about the Celina signing right now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 22:33 - Aug 30 with 678 viewsitfcjoe

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:47 - Aug 30 by Bluefish

You have no clue who the top targets were and if they were the top targets then why sign the others?

Build a squad strategically and stop chucking sh*t at walls

What have you seen of celina in the past few seasons?

I don’t think it’s a great leap to suggest that Celina is an excellent signing at this level, what that means for others may cause issues - but if he is anything like the player we had here previously, who has subsequently been coached by Graham Potter and played in top flight in France then he is going to be a star here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 22:37 - Aug 30 with 658 viewsitfcjoe

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 22:26 - Aug 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

When he has just begun a recovery from a serious heart condition?

I hope we are getting the player many seem to think we are. I fear we are not. And the bigger issue for me is he is not solving the main issue we have right now. If Walton, getting Edmundson fit and another signing solve the defensive problems we have then great. However, I am not going to get overly excited about the Celina signing right now.

Signings aren’t going to improve our defensive record - we have good enough players, now up to the manager to get the balance right, get them well drilled and organised

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 23:30 - Aug 30 with 593 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 22:33 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

I don’t think it’s a great leap to suggest that Celina is an excellent signing at this level, what that means for others may cause issues - but if he is anything like the player we had here previously, who has subsequently been coached by Graham Potter and played in top flight in France then he is going to be a star here

Well said.

The point about being coached by Graham Potter is an excellent one. Potter is widely regarded as a fantastic coach as well as a decent manager isn’t he?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 07:29 - Aug 31 with 459 viewsFreddy

Agree, what's the point, he isn't going to be fit for a couple of months
If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 07:42 - Aug 31 with 431 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

We need Morsy. We don't need Celina. End of.

Poll: would you rather

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 08:48 - Aug 31 with 387 viewsbluejacko

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 07:29 - Aug 31 by Freddy

Agree, what's the point, he isn't going to be fit for a couple of months

If he’s not fit what’s he doing in the Kosovo squad?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024