Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas Shortage Warnings 08:10 - Sep 4 with 11618 viewswkj

I see that a few brands are making these claims - yet I can't help but feel it is merely a ploy to drum up sales and stimulate spending. Am I being overly cynical?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 21:26 - Sep 6 with 1633 viewsBluedicea

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 19:38 - Sep 6 by J2BLUE

I've had my share of disagreements with Harry but I have to say I think if you re-read the interaction the two of you have had you've been the aggressor here. You called him bigoted and then a tool before saying he resorted to abuse.

I have found you a decent poster so far so post supposed to be constructive criticism, not just looking to have a dig.

I called him bigoted because of his tirade saying I was just a right wing idiot, who is too dumb to understand the lies I get fed from right wing media.

That is a very bigoted view to have, especially against a person you have only just met. The way I was brought up, is to believe everyone has their view, we all think differently and that is what makes us better, is to discuss those views. When someone throws a temper tantrum and demands that any view other than their own is wrong and that person must be thick, I respond by calling out the bigoted view.

Everyone has the right to speak their mind, without fear of prejudice because they are different.

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 21:38 - Sep 6 with 1612 viewsBluedicea

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 20:19 - Sep 6 by HARRY10

I am not far left

I have not challenged your supposed 'facts'

You have not explained why those who used to do these jobs (migrant labour) no longer do those jobs

"when was the last time you heard of binmen or porters or farmers or dockers being celebrated,"

perhaps you can tell us when they were

the nonsense you continue to peddle is that of the blame for this mess lies with this conjured up group who are some 'metropolitan, liberal elite' - your posts reek of this - but NO evidence to back this up

you bleat about students being to 'elite' to take manual work - but offer no explanation as to why the hundreds of thousands of unemployed in the so called redwall seats have not taken these jobs

and if you had a clue about any of this, beyond what your betters have told yu, you might grasp ath students at any age will be back to school/uni etc this month and so will not be available with veg harvest, building work and driving jobs

and you give yourself away by talk of farmers, as anyone in East Anglia will be aware that the average farmer does not work in the fields or engage in any manual work - and they certainly would not consider themselves as 'working class'

now why not address the point I actually made, rather than making up stuff

I did explain it once already, you just didn't read it because you were throwing a tantrum.

The reason it is 'used to' is because we have a system in this country that puts down the working class and manual labour/physically demanding jobs, so most young adults no longer consider those jobs as acceptable to do as it's beneath them they have an education(that parents or grandparents didn't always have), why should they have to do grunt work. Young adults are more likely these days to not have the desperate need to earn money that they used to have, which is why we used to have a much better seasonal labour market in this country.

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 23:39 - Sep 6 with 1570 viewsHARRY10

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 21:38 - Sep 6 by Bluedicea

I did explain it once already, you just didn't read it because you were throwing a tantrum.

The reason it is 'used to' is because we have a system in this country that puts down the working class and manual labour/physically demanding jobs, so most young adults no longer consider those jobs as acceptable to do as it's beneath them they have an education(that parents or grandparents didn't always have), why should they have to do grunt work. Young adults are more likely these days to not have the desperate need to earn money that they used to have, which is why we used to have a much better seasonal labour market in this country.

Constantly repeating nonsense, as in youngsters should know their place, does not make it correct

So why not explain why those workers from the EU, who were previously performing these tasks are no longer doing so - because as much as you try to hide your guff behind emotive words, that is the real question.

And if those 'uppity' youngsters have previously been avoiding the work (since 1995) your sort think they were born to, why was that claim not grasped - that if there were labour shortages, these latter day Lord Fauntleroys would not be filling the gaps

And why in somewhere like Blackpool is the unemployment rate so high when

"Blackpool Laundry makes its living from providing linen to hotels, NHS hospitals and ferry services" ""We're struggling to get staff. It's getting quite bad,"" and "About 80% of our staff were Eastern European and a lot of them went home during furlough" (they can't now return). Which by your guff means there are no age 40 plus unemployed in Blackpool who could take those jobs.

Whereas the reality is brexit was such a backward and unworkable idiocy that the previous workings that allowed workers to move swiftly from one job to another as the work required, have now been closed off and replaced by some bureaucratic visa nonsense that is not fit for purpose.

Previously an EU migrant could travel to the UK and take up a job instantly - now, even if they fulfil all the requirements they have to go through long winded, costly form filling. Something that has to be gone through all over again if they need to move from one employer to another.

Can you imagine if the emergency services were run by brexiteers !

Elsewhere, M&S are also now pointing out the horror show that is brexit. "M&S set out a wide range of problems, including a lack of vets for essential checks, governments' unpreparedness ". Surely the former must be a job for the now much vaunted horny handed sons of toil - who bereft of a university education can still do the work of a veterinary surgeon.

Though why no one explained to the government the consequences of brexit so they were prepared is one of lifes great unanswered questions.

Did no one tell them that if they introduced reams of forms (an extra 4m a week), checks and regulation there might be delays/costs ? Why did no one explain that through the churn of migrant labour the numbers would decrease if you blocked the ability of others to replace them. That adding regulation, delay and cost to EU HCV drivers might see many now finding working in the UK no longer financially viable.

Or did the government follow the bleats of brexiteers with

"baa baa, master knows best, four legs good, project fear, they need us, baa baa, easiest deal in history, sunny uplands.... baa baa "
Christmas Shortage Warnin on 00:10 - Sep 7 with 1543 viewsBluedicea

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 23:39 - Sep 6 by HARRY10

Constantly repeating nonsense, as in youngsters should know their place, does not make it correct

So why not explain why those workers from the EU, who were previously performing these tasks are no longer doing so - because as much as you try to hide your guff behind emotive words, that is the real question.

And if those 'uppity' youngsters have previously been avoiding the work (since 1995) your sort think they were born to, why was that claim not grasped - that if there were labour shortages, these latter day Lord Fauntleroys would not be filling the gaps

And why in somewhere like Blackpool is the unemployment rate so high when

"Blackpool Laundry makes its living from providing linen to hotels, NHS hospitals and ferry services" ""We're struggling to get staff. It's getting quite bad,"" and "About 80% of our staff were Eastern European and a lot of them went home during furlough" (they can't now return). Which by your guff means there are no age 40 plus unemployed in Blackpool who could take those jobs.

Whereas the reality is brexit was such a backward and unworkable idiocy that the previous workings that allowed workers to move swiftly from one job to another as the work required, have now been closed off and replaced by some bureaucratic visa nonsense that is not fit for purpose.

Previously an EU migrant could travel to the UK and take up a job instantly - now, even if they fulfil all the requirements they have to go through long winded, costly form filling. Something that has to be gone through all over again if they need to move from one employer to another.

Can you imagine if the emergency services were run by brexiteers !

Elsewhere, M&S are also now pointing out the horror show that is brexit. "M&S set out a wide range of problems, including a lack of vets for essential checks, governments' unpreparedness ". Surely the former must be a job for the now much vaunted horny handed sons of toil - who bereft of a university education can still do the work of a veterinary surgeon.

Though why no one explained to the government the consequences of brexit so they were prepared is one of lifes great unanswered questions.

Did no one tell them that if they introduced reams of forms (an extra 4m a week), checks and regulation there might be delays/costs ? Why did no one explain that through the churn of migrant labour the numbers would decrease if you blocked the ability of others to replace them. That adding regulation, delay and cost to EU HCV drivers might see many now finding working in the UK no longer financially viable.

Or did the government follow the bleats of brexiteers with

"baa baa, master knows best, four legs good, project fear, they need us, baa baa, easiest deal in history, sunny uplands.... baa baa "

Please do not put words in my mouth, it is disrespectful and very manipulative.

I at no point have ever in my life said as you quoted, youngsters should know their place. And seeing as I'm only in my 30's I tend to think of myself as young still.

You asked a question after your temper tantrum, which was why it used to be. And I explained the mechanics of seasonal labour that used to be done by students and others, but over the last 25 years there was an influx of cheaper labour from Europe(mostly), this was good because we needed the jobs filled and our traditional seasonal workers were becoming less interested in the work. So they were filling a gap.
We currently have a labour shortage in many industries, which is down mostly to the EU nationals no longer filling those jobs, but we currently also have a large proportion of people who could work and fill those jobs, but they are only looking for non labour jobs, so despite having a work force capable of doing said jobs, those jobs remain unfilled. It's simple economics

The fact you are extremely rude and aggressive in you posting attacks shows how unbalanced you are as an individual, so if you want to discuss it further, that's fine with me, but if you swear, troll, abuse me or call me an idiot again. I just won't respond because just because I'm fed up of rascist bigots like you constantly spewing your hate everywhere.

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 09:07 - Sep 7 with 1476 viewsLord_Lucan

I think it is a valid point that many youngsters simply don’t expect to have to do a sh1tty job.

Highlighting the loss of foreign Labour and the expectation and dependency on them has a wiff of the slave trade

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 09:31 - Sep 7 with 1452 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 09:07 - Sep 7 by Lord_Lucan

I think it is a valid point that many youngsters simply don’t expect to have to do a sh1tty job.

Highlighting the loss of foreign Labour and the expectation and dependency on them has a wiff of the slave trade

Cash in hand might help!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 09:42 - Sep 7 with 1437 viewsitfcjoe

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 00:10 - Sep 7 by Bluedicea

I at no point have ever in my life said as you quoted, youngsters should know their place. And seeing as I'm only in my 30's I tend to think of myself as young still.

You asked a question after your temper tantrum, which was why it used to be. And I explained the mechanics of seasonal labour that used to be done by students and others, but over the last 25 years there was an influx of cheaper labour from Europe(mostly), this was good because we needed the jobs filled and our traditional seasonal workers were becoming less interested in the work. So they were filling a gap.
We currently have a labour shortage in many industries, which is down mostly to the EU nationals no longer filling those jobs, but we currently also have a large proportion of people who could work and fill those jobs, but they are only looking for non labour jobs, so despite having a work force capable of doing said jobs, those jobs remain unfilled. It's simple economics

The fact you are extremely rude and aggressive in you posting attacks shows how unbalanced you are as an individual, so if you want to discuss it further, that's fine with me, but if you swear, troll, abuse me or call me an idiot again. I just won't respond because just because I'm fed up of rascist bigots like you constantly spewing your hate everywhere.

I've recently written a dissertation on effect of Brexit on Construction skills gap - and the reality is, as you suggest - that all the imported labour was doing was barely keeping the labour levels heads above water.

The majority of the more professional trades with tickets required (i.e. mechanical) and management roles are filled......but try and find scaffolders, brickies, chippies, plasterers, etc and you are struggling - the jobs where you need to get on site to learn them more than the day in the classroom a week teaches you

Schools talk people out of these roles, the only employers that need them are too small to deal with the administrative burden of it and they are looked down upon as jobs

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 10:32 - Sep 7 with 1394 viewsLord_Lucan

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 09:42 - Sep 7 by itfcjoe

I've recently written a dissertation on effect of Brexit on Construction skills gap - and the reality is, as you suggest - that all the imported labour was doing was barely keeping the labour levels heads above water.

The majority of the more professional trades with tickets required (i.e. mechanical) and management roles are filled......but try and find scaffolders, brickies, chippies, plasterers, etc and you are struggling - the jobs where you need to get on site to learn them more than the day in the classroom a week teaches you

Schools talk people out of these roles, the only employers that need them are too small to deal with the administrative burden of it and they are looked down upon as jobs

It’s crazy though. I mean, we are surely talking about £200 a day now aren’t we for a chippy? You might not be paying them that but you are probably charging them out at that.

My mate is round mine this morning (I hope) and I dread what his bill will be - even at mates rates.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 10:41 - Sep 7 with 1375 viewsitfcjoe

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 10:32 - Sep 7 by Lord_Lucan

It’s crazy though. I mean, we are surely talking about £200 a day now aren’t we for a chippy? You might not be paying them that but you are probably charging them out at that.

My mate is round mine this morning (I hope) and I dread what his bill will be - even at mates rates.

It's almost write your own cheque for them at the moment - subbies are charging builders £200-250 a day at the moment, so that is going across to customers obviously

I know brickies getting £300 a day, on big sites with 2 years guaranteed work ahead of them - materials are going up 10% every couple of months - something will have to change soon because it isn't sustainable in anyway

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 10:49 - Sep 7 with 1358 viewsTractorBrew

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 10:41 - Sep 7 by itfcjoe

It's almost write your own cheque for them at the moment - subbies are charging builders £200-250 a day at the moment, so that is going across to customers obviously

I know brickies getting £300 a day, on big sites with 2 years guaranteed work ahead of them - materials are going up 10% every couple of months - something will have to change soon because it isn't sustainable in anyway

Similarly, I know of a recent warehouse role advertised for £20/hour for 20hrs min, 36 applicants, 1 turned up for the interview...make of that what you will, but it ties in with what Joe is saying about these roles that require no qualifications.

Fun reading the supply chain expertise in this thread, some amazing misunderstanding of how a global supply chain operates and the multiple constraints that impact availability of products
Christmas Shortage Warnin on 17:35 - Sep 7 with 1291 viewsBluedicea

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 10:49 - Sep 7 by TractorBrew

Similarly, I know of a recent warehouse role advertised for £20/hour for 20hrs min, 36 applicants, 1 turned up for the interview...make of that what you will, but it ties in with what Joe is saying about these roles that require no qualifications.

Fun reading the supply chain expertise in this thread, some amazing misunderstanding of how a global supply chain operates and the multiple constraints that impact availability of products

The global supply chain is fairly robust, so entire crop failure and other such things, don't really have a massive impact, as most suppliers/retailers have multiple sources for their products, so we only tend to see prices rise, not unavailability.
It's storage and delivery where most issues arise, as if you don't have adequate storage then slow downs or interruption in the local areas, causes stocks to run low, whilst deliveries are still being shipped, to the older schedule of need, and then add in delays to the transportation as well and it creates larger gaps in the chain. Over time this does correct itself, and no product is technically not available, it's just not there yet.
The muppets that do a chicken little, by panic buying and shout the sky is falling down, make it seem worse than it is.

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 18:26 - Sep 7 with 1265 viewsHARRY10

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 00:10 - Sep 7 by Bluedicea

"which is down mostly to the EU nationals no longer filling those jobs"

slowly we are getting there

the next stage is to see if we can get him/her to tell us why - bearing in mind his/her earlier post "Brexit isn't responsible for the labour shortages"

however as a proven liar * I am doubtful as to you admitting that brexit has been the cause of EU workers leaving the UK and causing a labour shortage

* but if you swear, troll, abuse me or call me an idiot again

I have not done any of those, as anyone reading this thread will vouch for, in fact, as pointed out by another poster it is you who have used abusive language to me, as

"I've had my share of disagreements with Harry but I have to say I think if you re-read the interaction the two of you have had you've been the aggressor here. You called him bigoted and then a tool before saying he resorted to abuse. " J2BLUE 19.38. 6th Sept

you can add (from his latest rant) 'I'm fed up of rascist bigots like you '
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 18:28]
Christmas Shortage Warnin on 19:20 - Sep 7 with 1234 viewsBluedicea

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 18:26 - Sep 7 by HARRY10

"which is down mostly to the EU nationals no longer filling those jobs"

slowly we are getting there

the next stage is to see if we can get him/her to tell us why - bearing in mind his/her earlier post "Brexit isn't responsible for the labour shortages"

however as a proven liar * I am doubtful as to you admitting that brexit has been the cause of EU workers leaving the UK and causing a labour shortage

* but if you swear, troll, abuse me or call me an idiot again

I have not done any of those, as anyone reading this thread will vouch for, in fact, as pointed out by another poster it is you who have used abusive language to me, as

"I've had my share of disagreements with Harry but I have to say I think if you re-read the interaction the two of you have had you've been the aggressor here. You called him bigoted and then a tool before saying he resorted to abuse. " J2BLUE 19.38. 6th Sept

you can add (from his latest rant) 'I'm fed up of rascist bigots like you '
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 18:28]

Did you have an actual question.

The reason Brexit isn't responsible for the labour shortage is because the labour is there it just doesn't want to do it. All those roles filled by EU workers can be filled by British nationals, as there is more than enough to fill the gap if they wanted to do it.

Personally I had no problem with the previous system, if you can do the job then what does it really matter where you come from. They never really took jobs away from people, they just filled roles that some 'more privileged' people refused to do.

And you are completely wrong as well. Because even if, as you say, it's all the fault of Brexit, you are forgetting about the last 18 months, so many EU nationals would have returned home during this period anyway, to be closer to family or because work here almost stopped for some.

So maybe start looking at the whole picture. Stop trying to force a square peg into a round hole. You think if you shout and scream enough everyone will agree with you, some of us though are more thoughtful, we look at the whole subject not just the headline grabber.

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 19:52 - Sep 7 with 1224 viewsHARRY10

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 19:20 - Sep 7 by Bluedicea

Did you have an actual question.

The reason Brexit isn't responsible for the labour shortage is because the labour is there it just doesn't want to do it. All those roles filled by EU workers can be filled by British nationals, as there is more than enough to fill the gap if they wanted to do it.

Personally I had no problem with the previous system, if you can do the job then what does it really matter where you come from. They never really took jobs away from people, they just filled roles that some 'more privileged' people refused to do.

And you are completely wrong as well. Because even if, as you say, it's all the fault of Brexit, you are forgetting about the last 18 months, so many EU nationals would have returned home during this period anyway, to be closer to family or because work here almost stopped for some.

So maybe start looking at the whole picture. Stop trying to force a square peg into a round hole. You think if you shout and scream enough everyone will agree with you, some of us though are more thoughtful, we look at the whole subject not just the headline grabber.

Still making up stuff I see

I never claimed that the labour shortage was all the fault of brexit. In fact quite the opposite. I have consistently stated that it is more complex than that. Something righties have never acknowledged.

Your guff about there not being a labour shortage is as accurate as claiming there are no empty seats at Portman Road, there is only an unwillingness of people to sit in them. Utter nonsense.

I suspect your idiotic guff is based on your desperate need to defend your betters. After all they were not wrong to fund the Leave campaign, and it was those pesky lefties who have been encouraging UK workers to 'get above their station', that is the problem.

Though, it won't come as any surprise to see that you cannot explain why all the unemployed in the brexit voting areas are without jobs.

As stated, it is more complex than the rightwing nonsense you churn out.

Many of those who you claim think they are above such jobs cannot simply upsticks and move their family to Cornwall so the father can work at a temporary bar job, or even move anywhere below the Watford Gap to take up a job.

Whilst you seem to dismiss much of the unfilled jobs as 'labour' suitable for those who accept they are working class, I don't. Much of the fruit/veg picking requires a learned skill - acquired over years.

Driving work requires a driving licence. Do all the supposed lazy, feckless students have a driving licence. Are all those you claim too posh to take these jobs able bodied enough to do them.

The country is in a mess because people like Farage were allowed to spew out lies unchecked, and fellow travellers like you have been allowed to regurgitate his nonsense, similarly unchecked.

Other than your sort there is no one else who is not aware that huge numbers of EU workers leaving has left huge gaps in the labour market.

Perhaps if more honest debate around why such numbers were working the UK had taken place, then this mess could have been avoided. But as your twaddle on here has shown, your sort are incapable of taking on board even the most basic of facts. Behaving in a manner that makes the Parrot Sketch seem like a highly accurate documentary on purchasing a pet.

A measure of your dishonesty can be seen by this claim of yours

"but if you swear, troll, abuse me or call me an idiot again"
Christmas Shortage Warnin on 20:14 - Sep 7 with 1209 viewsBluedicea

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 19:52 - Sep 7 by HARRY10

Still making up stuff I see

I never claimed that the labour shortage was all the fault of brexit. In fact quite the opposite. I have consistently stated that it is more complex than that. Something righties have never acknowledged.

Your guff about there not being a labour shortage is as accurate as claiming there are no empty seats at Portman Road, there is only an unwillingness of people to sit in them. Utter nonsense.

I suspect your idiotic guff is based on your desperate need to defend your betters. After all they were not wrong to fund the Leave campaign, and it was those pesky lefties who have been encouraging UK workers to 'get above their station', that is the problem.

Though, it won't come as any surprise to see that you cannot explain why all the unemployed in the brexit voting areas are without jobs.

As stated, it is more complex than the rightwing nonsense you churn out.

Many of those who you claim think they are above such jobs cannot simply upsticks and move their family to Cornwall so the father can work at a temporary bar job, or even move anywhere below the Watford Gap to take up a job.

Whilst you seem to dismiss much of the unfilled jobs as 'labour' suitable for those who accept they are working class, I don't. Much of the fruit/veg picking requires a learned skill - acquired over years.

Driving work requires a driving licence. Do all the supposed lazy, feckless students have a driving licence. Are all those you claim too posh to take these jobs able bodied enough to do them.

The country is in a mess because people like Farage were allowed to spew out lies unchecked, and fellow travellers like you have been allowed to regurgitate his nonsense, similarly unchecked.

Other than your sort there is no one else who is not aware that huge numbers of EU workers leaving has left huge gaps in the labour market.

Perhaps if more honest debate around why such numbers were working the UK had taken place, then this mess could have been avoided. But as your twaddle on here has shown, your sort are incapable of taking on board even the most basic of facts. Behaving in a manner that makes the Parrot Sketch seem like a highly accurate documentary on purchasing a pet.

A measure of your dishonesty can be seen by this claim of yours

"but if you swear, troll, abuse me or call me an idiot again"

Look mate. You obviously are completely unbalanced. As I have stated numerous times to you, I was a remainer, the only 2 parties I have ever voted for are Labour and Greens.
Do you similarly abuse every black person that has a view that is slightly different from your warped hatred of anyone that doesn't instantly agree with you?

Your posts show you are clearly having some sort of meltdown, I am concerned for you and I honestly don't want to engage with someone so full of vile hate and pure BS.
So my suggestion mate, go outside for a walk, calm yourself down, try some meditation or something.

Once you have calmed down I don't mind helping you understand how economics works in a reasoned discussion, but the continued aggressive name calling, hate filled excerpts is just not my thing.

So toodle pip!

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 23:33 - Sep 7 with 1177 viewsHARRY10

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 20:14 - Sep 7 by Bluedicea

Look mate. You obviously are completely unbalanced. As I have stated numerous times to you, I was a remainer, the only 2 parties I have ever voted for are Labour and Greens.
Do you similarly abuse every black person that has a view that is slightly different from your warped hatred of anyone that doesn't instantly agree with you?

Your posts show you are clearly having some sort of meltdown, I am concerned for you and I honestly don't want to engage with someone so full of vile hate and pure BS.
So my suggestion mate, go outside for a walk, calm yourself down, try some meditation or something.

Once you have calmed down I don't mind helping you understand how economics works in a reasoned discussion, but the continued aggressive name calling, hate filled excerpts is just not my thing.

So toodle pip!

One way of dodging out of having your posts exposed for lies - play the man

As with

"You obviously are completely unbalanced"

"Do you similarly abuse every black person......."

"you are clearly having some sort of meltdown"

"someone so full of vile hate and pure BS."

" calm yourself down, try some meditation or something. "

"the continued aggressive name calling, hate filled excerpts ..........."
exceprts, what be they ?

However I shall not be reporting those comments. they are best left up so as to allow others to judge. For my part they are water off a ducks back.

Progressing the discussion. There has clearly been a mismatch between labour available and requirements for it. Aside from the obvious lack of funding for taining has been the forgetten subject of mobility.

If you are from East Europe and relatively young with no commitments then it is easier to take up work in the UK than it is if you are the opposite. One of the major problems there is and has been the lack of suitable housing. A then local RAF base retained a minimum of 10% of it's housing as empty, allowing staff to move between the bases quickly, as needed.

This is not the case in the UK. Hundreds of thousands of UK citizens are stuck in areas they cannot get out of. Either there is not any affordable rental accomodation or the sale of their house will not raise enough to buy where the work is. An example has been Cornwall this summer, where accommodation that was previously used for bar/restaurant staff has been let to holidaymakers instead.

Up to brexit there was an almost unlimited supply of flexible staff from the EU who would, for various reasons, accept low grade accommodation as it was only ever going to be temporary - and often was no worse than what they had left. The idea that this would be acceptable to UK folk who were looking to the long term for work and raising a family, or already had a family is beyond absurd.

Too many have been focussing on the short time benefits of an enforced housing shortage, and not the long time damage this is building up. It will, and already is, causing a brain drain where some of the countries brightest are moving out of the UK, to work elsewhere.

The current labour shortage is not some aberration, a hiccup, that the country will soon get over. It is a symptom of a greater malaise, that is being grown faster by the backward step of introducing red tape and restriction to both industry and society.
Christmas Shortage Warnin on 23:48 - Sep 7 with 1171 viewsBluedicea

Christmas Shortage Warnin on 23:33 - Sep 7 by HARRY10

One way of dodging out of having your posts exposed for lies - play the man

As with

"You obviously are completely unbalanced"

"Do you similarly abuse every black person......."

"you are clearly having some sort of meltdown"

"someone so full of vile hate and pure BS."

" calm yourself down, try some meditation or something. "

"the continued aggressive name calling, hate filled excerpts ..........."
exceprts, what be they ?

However I shall not be reporting those comments. they are best left up so as to allow others to judge. For my part they are water off a ducks back.

Progressing the discussion. There has clearly been a mismatch between labour available and requirements for it. Aside from the obvious lack of funding for taining has been the forgetten subject of mobility.

If you are from East Europe and relatively young with no commitments then it is easier to take up work in the UK than it is if you are the opposite. One of the major problems there is and has been the lack of suitable housing. A then local RAF base retained a minimum of 10% of it's housing as empty, allowing staff to move between the bases quickly, as needed.

This is not the case in the UK. Hundreds of thousands of UK citizens are stuck in areas they cannot get out of. Either there is not any affordable rental accomodation or the sale of their house will not raise enough to buy where the work is. An example has been Cornwall this summer, where accommodation that was previously used for bar/restaurant staff has been let to holidaymakers instead.

Up to brexit there was an almost unlimited supply of flexible staff from the EU who would, for various reasons, accept low grade accommodation as it was only ever going to be temporary - and often was no worse than what they had left. The idea that this would be acceptable to UK folk who were looking to the long term for work and raising a family, or already had a family is beyond absurd.

Too many have been focussing on the short time benefits of an enforced housing shortage, and not the long time damage this is building up. It will, and already is, causing a brain drain where some of the countries brightest are moving out of the UK, to work elsewhere.

The current labour shortage is not some aberration, a hiccup, that the country will soon get over. It is a symptom of a greater malaise, that is being grown faster by the backward step of introducing red tape and restriction to both industry and society.

So you have no problem with saying to a black person 'Baa Baa, master knows best' , and I 'get told what to believe by my betters' . How you think that is acceptable in any way shows how unbalanced you are. As I said unless you change your racist behaviour, constantly trying to harass me, I'm not going to respond
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 0:01]

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 16:37 - Sep 8 with 1071 viewsHARRY10

From Tuesdays Daily Telegraph

Brexit labour shortage will see France gobble up British share of Christmas turkey market

"Industry in the UK will be ‘hit massively’ because it relies on EU labour that is no longer accessible

Some consumers will have no option other than to buy a French turkey for Christmas if UK producers are unable to employ enough labour for processing, a major supplier has warned.

Paul Kelly, the managing director of KellyBronze, which produces hand-plucked, free-range turkeys, said the sector would be “hit massively” this Christmas because it relies on agencies who bring in labour from the EU that was no longer accessible.

Mr Kelly said: “Sad thing is, 30 years ago about 30 per cent of the UK turkey market was supplied by France.

“Since having access to EU workers the UK turkey industry has built up the farms and infrastructure needed to supply just about 100 per cent of the turkey the supermarkets need — and the supermarkets have been very supportive of quality British turkey production.

“Now, the French factories are rubbing their hands with glee as they can see all that business they used to have returning to them.”

He added: “The larger companies have made the prudent decision to reduce Christmas turkey numbers by at least 20 per cent, as they simply cannot process the turkeys without the seasonal labour to do it.”

He said that without settled status, the burden of expensive, “bureaucratic” paperwork has driven many EU workers to feel unwelcome and leave the UK.

Mr Kelly said he was equally concerned about the 1,000 small seasonal turkey growers his FarmGate hatchery business supplies, warning: “They have a potential nightmare on their hands if the regular people who help them every year with plucking and processing turkeys have not got settled status.”

It follows last month’s closure of dozens of Nando’s restaurants as well as cuts to KFC’s menus, as lorry driver and factory staff shortages attributed to Brexit employment rules and the pandemic affected several retailers.

Early last month, the British Poultry Council warned the industry was facing a significant shortage of workers across farming and processing, with businesses reporting an average vacancy rate of over 16 per cent of their total workforce."

Merely another affirmation that it is "the burden of expensive, “bureaucratic” paperwork" that is causing the labour shortage, and that the UK is continuing to see business and trade draining out of the country into the EU.
Christmas Shortage Warnings on 17:23 - Sep 8 with 1047 viewsBluedicea

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 16:37 - Sep 8 by HARRY10

From Tuesdays Daily Telegraph

Brexit labour shortage will see France gobble up British share of Christmas turkey market

"Industry in the UK will be ‘hit massively’ because it relies on EU labour that is no longer accessible

Some consumers will have no option other than to buy a French turkey for Christmas if UK producers are unable to employ enough labour for processing, a major supplier has warned.

Paul Kelly, the managing director of KellyBronze, which produces hand-plucked, free-range turkeys, said the sector would be “hit massively” this Christmas because it relies on agencies who bring in labour from the EU that was no longer accessible.

Mr Kelly said: “Sad thing is, 30 years ago about 30 per cent of the UK turkey market was supplied by France.

“Since having access to EU workers the UK turkey industry has built up the farms and infrastructure needed to supply just about 100 per cent of the turkey the supermarkets need — and the supermarkets have been very supportive of quality British turkey production.

“Now, the French factories are rubbing their hands with glee as they can see all that business they used to have returning to them.”

He added: “The larger companies have made the prudent decision to reduce Christmas turkey numbers by at least 20 per cent, as they simply cannot process the turkeys without the seasonal labour to do it.”

He said that without settled status, the burden of expensive, “bureaucratic” paperwork has driven many EU workers to feel unwelcome and leave the UK.

Mr Kelly said he was equally concerned about the 1,000 small seasonal turkey growers his FarmGate hatchery business supplies, warning: “They have a potential nightmare on their hands if the regular people who help them every year with plucking and processing turkeys have not got settled status.”

It follows last month’s closure of dozens of Nando’s restaurants as well as cuts to KFC’s menus, as lorry driver and factory staff shortages attributed to Brexit employment rules and the pandemic affected several retailers.

Early last month, the British Poultry Council warned the industry was facing a significant shortage of workers across farming and processing, with businesses reporting an average vacancy rate of over 16 per cent of their total workforce."

Merely another affirmation that it is "the burden of expensive, “bureaucratic” paperwork" that is causing the labour shortage, and that the UK is continuing to see business and trade draining out of the country into the EU.

Thankyou for stopping the aggressive posting towards me.

What you have just shared is called an OPINION, the gentleman in question is up sh** creek without a paddle because he relied on cheap foreign labourers through a agency. He knew the consequences of Brexit, so the fact he hadn't planned a contingency or attempted to mitigate the problems to his workers, shows bad management on his part, which as like most people, he is unable to accept the reality of life and tries to blame everyone else for his poor performance.
If he needs more workers he should maybe remunerate them better and searched for recruits last year so he would have had a pool of labour he could then convince to come back this year.

The reality is, Brexit happened. We all knew about it, we all had time to prepare contingency plans, so whether you supported it or not doesn't matter, what matters to some people is to play the blame game, oh it's not our fault we didn't plan ahead, they are just people who are incapable of admitting their failures to adapt to the new system.

EDIT: Take the HGV issue, bad planning, admittedly made worse by covid. The civil servants who work in that government department should have been aware of the issues likely to arise in the future, but rather than planning ahead, they waited too long. So it is right they are getting stick from the industry, but again the industry should have known the incompetence that run rampant in the DVLA and planned ahead so they didn't get caught with their trousers round their ankles.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 17:31]

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 18:05 - Sep 8 with 1023 viewsHARRY10

'He knew the consequences of Brexit' is now the whine - whereas the whole point of being a brexiteer was that you were in absolute denial of all evidence which demonstrated out what would happen - as it is now. is

"How should we prepare oh fat fraudulent fake ? "

none required said the bloated buffoon, as all the warnings based on known facts should be ignored - much as this incompetent pile of rancid lard personally told Jane Munnery (ex UKIP MEP) that once out of the EU fishermen would have an abundance of fish to catch, and the UK now a third country would not be treated ........as a third country

Or the odious slimeballs who dismissed talk of food shortages

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 18:43 - Sep 8 with 1001 viewsBluedicea

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 18:05 - Sep 8 by HARRY10

'He knew the consequences of Brexit' is now the whine - whereas the whole point of being a brexiteer was that you were in absolute denial of all evidence which demonstrated out what would happen - as it is now. is

"How should we prepare oh fat fraudulent fake ? "

none required said the bloated buffoon, as all the warnings based on known facts should be ignored - much as this incompetent pile of rancid lard personally told Jane Munnery (ex UKIP MEP) that once out of the EU fishermen would have an abundance of fish to catch, and the UK now a third country would not be treated ........as a third country

Or the odious slimeballs who dismissed talk of food shortages

For the 10th time now, you really are bad at reading and understanding aren't you?!

I was firmly in the remain camp because I find that having access to more people is a greater benefit, as an employer it means having a larger pool of people to choose from so the odds of getting a really good employee improves. Yes I felt there was too much red tape associated with remaining, but I live in reality, no system is perfect so for every plus there will be a minus and knowing that all governments love pushing round bits of paper, emails now too, the red tape would probably never go away.

At no point is it whining, saying someone who is told something is coming, then they bury their head in the sand and eventually try to blame everyone around them because they ignored the problem.

You either live in reality, which means planning ahead and accepting all the changes that life gives you. Or you live in a fantasy land, where you ignore the truth of a situation because everything is always someone else's fault, never your own.
So stop being so childish, grow up and understand life isn't fair, we all have to get the sh**ty end of the stick at some point, personally when that happens I wash my hands and move along, you it seems would just scream and shout at everyone around you for years letting the sh** seep into your system, eventually turning you into the unpleasant fellow you appear as today.

Let go of the anger you hold inside and embrace the future, it's not perfect but it's brighter and full of opportunities to change things for the better.

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 18:45 - Sep 8 with 999 viewsEsseeja

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 09:07 - Sep 4 by gtsb1966

I can never understand why people go way over the top at Xmas. You see them come out of the supermarket with twenty pints of milk and ten loaves of bread etc. The shops are only shut for a day. I buy what I need for a normal week and not things for the sake of it.

Large family Christmas gatherings.
Christmas Shortage Warnings on 18:53 - Sep 8 with 993 viewsBluedicea

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 18:45 - Sep 8 by Esseeja

Large family Christmas gatherings.

Yes but also it's biological and psychological. We tend to eat more and more fatty foods in the winter as we need more energy to heat ourselves.
Christmas is a hijacked pagan festival, where the pagans used to feast for the 14 days after the winter solstice, the sign that winter was on the wane and the days would be getting longer so they would start to use up the stores. They were never sure winter would end as although they understood seasons they didn't know the mechanics that drive it all.

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 18:56 - Sep 8 with 992 viewsHARRY10

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 18:09 - Sep 6 by Bluedicea

Brexit isn't responsible for the labour shortages. Years ago, pre 1995, we would have students spending their time filling these seasonal jobs. The bigger problem is for years we have been outsourcing the labour market to the cheapest price, many younger folks look down on manual work or field work, as it's beneath them.
You like them are bigoted in your view.
Currently 19% of under 25's are out of work, yet all spring and summer the industry has been begging for people to fill the jobs. The problem are with people being elitist and thinking they deserve something easy and are not prepared to get on with a real job, whereas those who used to fill those roles don't care what job they do as long as they earn money because they know what life is like without all the privilege that most folks in this country have.

"Brexit isn't responsible for the labour shortages."

or

"He knew the consequences of Brexit"

More contradictory guff from Bluedicea

Not the brightest, is our rightie ...................like the rest it would seem
Christmas Shortage Warnings on 19:48 - Sep 8 with 969 viewsBluedicea

Christmas Shortage Warnings on 18:56 - Sep 8 by HARRY10

"Brexit isn't responsible for the labour shortages."

or

"He knew the consequences of Brexit"

More contradictory guff from Bluedicea

Not the brightest, is our rightie ...................like the rest it would seem

Your comprehension of simple matters is worrying.

We all knew Brexit was coming, so those who were smart planned ahead because to any action there is reaction or consequences(as it's known in the socioeconomic circles), that's a basic law that only idiots don't understand.
Brexit isn't responsible for the shortages because the shortages were known about beforehand and if people had of planned ahead there would be no shortage. Brexit isn't responsible, it's the 3 P's, Piss Poor Planning, that is responsible for the shortage.
Ergo the two statements you have taken, a little out of context too, aren't contradictory as they are not mutually opposing statements.

Now for the 11th time, I am not in favour of right wing politics, I have voted, except twice, exclusively for Labour or labour candidates.
Because you occupy the extreme left wing views, everyone who thinks slightly different to you is a right wing knuckle dragger. That you can't see how bigoted your views are, shows you are an extremist and your opinion is the only truth in the world.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024