Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hindsight 19:20 - Sep 11 with 3006 viewsF1Blue

First post on here so please be kind.

What's your thoughts on the summer cull now? I'm feeling it may have now been too dramatic?

I agree we had got stagnant and lots of players weren't up to standard, but would we have been better to have kept a core and added sensibly?

No doubt some of the signings we've made are fantastic but the defensive issues are probably the worst I've seen in some time.

Thoughts?
Hindsight on 10:15 - Sep 12 with 506 views44_not_out

Hindsight on 07:43 - Sep 12 by WD19

I suspect lots of people will point to it. My challenge to them is to list the players who were culled who they now think we should have kept.

For me Wilson was sort of useful as a squad option. Nydam I liked but it seems is struggling with his injuries. Downes wanted out…..which leaves….erm……Skuse maybe if he could have proved his fitness and shed about 5 years.

So as far as I can see, when people disagree with the cull it is mostly a “I like Teddy Bishop” post.

I posted above

Chambers, Skuse and Wilson. Experience in this league is everything, end of! And just persevered with Holy

No one is telling their replacements are any better, aside from Edmundson who has had one game (but it’s not looking good)

I except offensively we needed more but the defensive side was fine.

If Cook could not cope with the alleged Chambers ‘cartel’ then it says more about his managerial ability
Hindsight on 10:59 - Sep 12 with 469 viewspointofblue

Hindsight on 19:49 - Sep 11 by WicklowBlue

Welcome to the fun forum! Our welcome standards are slipping, favourite cheese?

Only saw the goals but Edmundson looked way off it it was risky putting him from the start. KVY having a mare and having to be subbed after 20 odd mins is not going to help either.

For those who went to the game was it just a backline who haven't played together before and were at sixes and sevens? Or was it the centre 2 midfielders not protecting them?

The midfield gave the centre backs no protection but that’s nothing new. From set pieces we did ok but from open play our backline was shambolic - more so than what can simply be put down to not knowing one another.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hindsight on 11:08 - Sep 12 with 458 viewsSamWhiteUK

Hindsight on 19:53 - Sep 11 by Guthrum

He was player of the season as much by default as anything else, given the CBs were about the only players who did anything positive and Nsiala is a scapegoat to many.

Given Burgess didn't arrive at Town until 15th August, that's a little unfair. Including for Accrington, he's played the same number as Wilson. Also, that's so far only six.

I don't think Wilson was a bad player by any means. He and Toto were our best combination last season. But it remains a fact that he missed two large chunks of the season injured.

Yeah, the post you quoted is rewriting history a little. He got POTY out of protest because he was the least crap out of a bad bunch
Hindsight on 21:12 - Sep 12 with 406 viewsGarv

Hindsight on 23:58 - Sep 11 by chrismakin

Was one before he moved up the pitch. I think with the options we do have, i'd pop him back as he may give us more stability than KVY.

Ideally you'd play him as a wingback though.

he played Rightback at BC, and Barton originally preferred him at Fullback when he went to them (Fleetwood)
https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/wes-burns-can-hit-heights-righ
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 0:01]

Fair enough. Didn't know he's been recognized as one before.

But with the goals and assists he's providing at the moment, why on earth would you move him?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Hindsight on 21:23 - Sep 12 with 398 viewschrismakin

Hindsight on 21:12 - Sep 12 by Garv

Fair enough. Didn't know he's been recognized as one before.

But with the goals and assists he's providing at the moment, why on earth would you move him?

Greater good for me at the moment, I think he'd still be the danger he is from deep, but we need to sort that backline first and foremost if we're to move forwards.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024