Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A lot of ITFC fans would do well to watch this Ashton interview again 09:59 - Sep 15 with 2647 viewsTooManyCooks

this morning.

hedgehog flavoured cucumbers

At least we haven't gone down.... on 11:36 - Sep 15 with 637 viewsBloots

I'm not 100% certain he is a budgie.... on 11:34 - Sep 15 by BlueBadger

This is why Lambert was allowed to get away with doing the bare minimum(and sometimes not even as much as that).

We, as a support base, seem to be inecplivably fond of turning crap managers into cults of personality. it happened with Keane, it happened with Lambert and it's now starting to happen for some with Cook.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 11:43]

....the flag/banner route for Cook yet.

Maybe that will happen if he wins a game this season.

If.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

He's the CEO.... on 11:39 - Sep 15 with 633 viewsBloots

A lot of ITFC fans would do well to watch this Ashton interview again on 11:35 - Sep 15 by MattinLondon

Don’t really understand the criticism of Ashton from some. His job is to secure the players that the manager wanted and he’s achieved it. He knows that the stadium is in a state and he’s trying to fix it. Ok, he talks in managerspeak but so what? So do plenty of others.

It’s not his fault the manager and team is underperforming.

....literally everything is his responsibility.

He's Cook's boss.

There is little point in putting this amazing new structure in place if people immediately divest themselves of their responsibilities.

At least we haven't gone down.... on 11:40 - Sep 15 with 628 viewsBlueBadger

At least we haven't gone down.... on 11:36 - Sep 15 by Bloots

....the flag/banner route for Cook yet.

Maybe that will happen if he wins a game this season.

If.

He probably needs to shell out for some cheap, warm, nearly-flat lager first.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

He's the CEO.... on 11:50 - Sep 15 with 611 viewsMattinLondon

He's the CEO.... on 11:39 - Sep 15 by Bloots

He's Cook's boss.

There is little point in putting this amazing new structure in place if people immediately divest themselves of their responsibilities.

And I’m sure behind the scenes he is concerned about results - possibly even sounding out potential replacements. He isn’t going to go on record and criticise the team or manager.
Right on cue. (n/t) on 12:15 - Sep 15 with 584 viewstimothyeo

Right on cue. (n/t) on 11:35 - Sep 15 by Bloots

I've been posting all morning. That it turns out you've mentioned me again is disappointing but unsurprising. You crack on.
A lot of ITFC fans would do well to watch this Ashton interview again on 12:57 - Sep 15 with 550 viewsshamboy

A lot of ITFC fans would do well to watch this Ashton interview again on 11:35 - Sep 15 by MattinLondon

Don’t really understand the criticism of Ashton from some. His job is to secure the players that the manager wanted and he’s achieved it. He knows that the stadium is in a state and he’s trying to fix it. Ok, he talks in managerspeak but so what? So do plenty of others.

It’s not his fault the manager and team is underperforming.

I must just make the point that he doesn't say that many players have taken a pay cut. What he says is that a number (btw, one is a number) have taken a salary reduction.
I take this as a crystal clear message that many of the signings are on performance-related deals, which will hinge on appearances, contribution, and League position. It is double-edged. There will be a large number of fringe players hugely frustrated at not being on the pitch. Frustration leads to negative behaviour.

One other point; in talking about character checks he says that all 19 players have been talked to on the subject. Errr, that's not how character checks work.

Otherwise, he interviewed well, as you would expect.
I will, thanks. (n/t) on 13:01 - Sep 15 with 540 viewsBloots

Right on cue. (n/t) on 12:15 - Sep 15 by timothyeo

I've been posting all morning. That it turns out you've mentioned me again is disappointing but unsurprising. You crack on.

Right on cue. (n/t) on 14:17 - Sep 15 with 488 viewsBlueBadger

Right on cue. (n/t) on 11:35 - Sep 15 by Bloots

The schtick is very similar to that of Haynestoe, who was forever posting stuff praising up the Budgies. He'll show his yellow tail feathers sooner or later.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

He's the CEO.... on 15:05 - Sep 15 with 454 viewsTooManyCooks

He's the CEO.... on 11:39 - Sep 15 by Bloots

He's Cook's boss.

Nobody has divested themselves of any responsibility, quite the contrary, I'm very pleased to hear direct from the CEO that the leadership team (it's great to be able to say that btw, having been completely rudderless for 13 years) fully understand the scale of change at the club and despite the natural aspirations, accept the reality that the project will take time and patience to come to fruition, it's just a shame that a minority of our support base are unwilling to do the same.

hedgehog flavoured cucumbers

A lot of ITFC fans would do well to watch this Ashton interview again on 19:05 - Sep 15 with 386 viewsistanblue

A lot of ITFC fans would do well to watch this Ashton interview again on 10:09 - Sep 15 by timothyeo

It's standard non-committal conjecture and BS spouting that some fans lap up, and others are more life-aware of and treat it as nothing more.

Either way, it means absolutely nothing.

Spot on. The same types of 'fans' who swallowed all of Evans' and his puppets' BS too.
A lot of ITFC fans would do well to watch this Ashton interview again on 19:48 - Sep 15 with 362 viewsnoggin

A lot of ITFC fans would do well to watch this Ashton interview again on 10:08 - Sep 15 by BlueBlood90

I think we were all quite happy to be patient as we need time to gel etc but being third bottom was not part of the script and shouldn't be deemed acceptable with the squad we have and the money we have spent.

I also won't accept the gelling excuse from Cook after last nights team selection. Everyone who played Saturday should've played last night.

I'm confused. You have no choice but to accept it.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024