Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we seeing enough in our performances..... 17:49 - Sep 25 with 570 viewsChrisd

to feel we are heading in the right direction under PC? We are now only a couple of games away from that 10 league games mark, but a couple of wins against Doncaster and Accrington could see us shoot up the table. Personally, I was pleased with the point today because we didn't look like we were getting anything from the game heading into the 90th minute and that shows something about the spirit of our squad, but are there enough signs to feel encouraged that we are progressing?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 17:52]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Are we seeing enough in our performances..... on 17:51 - Sep 25 with 540 viewsDanTheMan

I must say, I'm struggling to follow along with this part

"I was pleased with the point today because we didn't look like we were getting anything from the game"

OK yeah, it's good we didn't stop trying, but being pleased we didn't lose at home to a team that wasn't all that great is not something to celebrate.

Personally, I can't see a lot of progression. We looked very average today. We had some changes for sure but on the whole we didn't play all that well.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Are we seeing enough in our performances..... on 17:52 - Sep 25 with 527 viewschrismakin

I think the fact we have had 2 games where we've balanced attack with defence is a sign of positive movement. The comments of Sheff fans that we kept their danger players quiet is also a good sign considering who we've got to come in still. etc

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Are we seeing enough in our performances..... on 17:53 - Sep 25 with 521 viewsChrisd

Are we seeing enough in our performances..... on 17:51 - Sep 25 by DanTheMan

"I was pleased with the point today because we didn't look like we were getting anything from the game"

OK yeah, it's good we didn't stop trying, but being pleased we didn't lose at home to a team that wasn't all that great is not something to celebrate.

Personally, I can't see a lot of progression. We looked very average today. We had some changes for sure but on the whole we didn't play all that well.

So what you're saying is you'd have taken the loss and 0 points?! Strange.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 17:53]

Are we seeing enough in our performances..... on 17:54 - Sep 25 with 500 viewspointofblue

Defensively we've made leaps and bounds from the Bolton debacle - save for Burgess' passing - but it has seemingly come at expense of the attack. Now we need to try and marry the two together.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Are we seeing enough in our performances..... on 17:56 - Sep 25 with 474 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We got lucky with a dreadful mistake from their keeper.

There is not enough to convince me Cook is the right manager. I am prepared to see what happens in the next two matches but we have to win at least one and hopefully both. We need to start stringing a winning run together and start playing like a team that is good enough to beat anyone in this league.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Are we seeing enough in our performances..... on 18:14 - Sep 25 with 397 viewsIllinoisblue

No

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are we seeing enough in our performances..... on 18:14 - Sep 25 with 399 viewsDanTheMan

Are we seeing enough in our performances..... on 17:53 - Sep 25 by Chrisd

So what you're saying is you'd have taken the loss and 0 points?! Strange.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 17:53]

Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Are we seeing enough in our performances..... on 18:17 - Sep 25 with 378 viewsChrisd

Are we seeing enough in our performances..... on 18:14 - Sep 25 by DanTheMan

Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Thought so, just needed some clarity. 😉

Login to get fewer ads

Are we seeing enough in our performances..... on 18:29 - Sep 25 with 350 viewsmonty_radio

I know injuries have kept back Edwards, but the non-negotiable shape has constantly meant square pegs in round holes. At kick-off today we had only Penny on the left side, and it looked like Celina and Fraser kept looking over there and wondering who should be in that space. In the event, it was mainly Fraser who is clearly not a winger. So after Burns did his customary of running out of steam we had a front three with no-one consistently in a wide position.

The manager said we deserved to win it, but I challenge him to conduct a wide survey on that - not that he'd care, of course.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Are we seeing enough in our performances..... on 18:38 - Sep 25 with 316 viewsKeaneish

Are we seeing enough in our performances..... on 17:56 - Sep 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

We got lucky with a dreadful mistake from their keeper.

There is not enough to convince me Cook is the right manager. I am prepared to see what happens in the next two matches but we have to win at least one and hopefully both. We need to start stringing a winning run together and start playing like a team that is good enough to beat anyone in this league.

This idea of us being “lucky” today is nonsense. Bonne forced the error, that’s not luck. If we were lucky, you could counter that by saying that Bonne’s missed one-on-one and the numerous good balls into the box or ones that flashed past the face of goal were unlucky.

We deserved at least a point today and arguably all three. We nullified any threat from Wednesday and created some really good opportunities with some incisive moves. Pot shot for the goal aside we did a solid defensive job on them (Burgess’ two clangers aside).

We were disjointed and lacked a little fluidity but Cook changed small things in the game three or four times to get something out of it, which we did. That isn’t luck.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024