Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When we put performances like that last season…. 18:47 - Oct 2 with 3305 viewsitfcjoe

….we were told it was the players and it wouldn’t happen when we get new ones in.

When we put in performances earlier in the season like that we were told it wouldn’t again when Samy Morsy was in the side….

…and yet we still put in nothing performances when out battled and out thought.

Somethings not right here, and it hasn’t been for a long time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:52 - Oct 2 with 759 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I criticised many posters on this forum, including yourselves for the criticism Cook got for last seasons results, as I believed that he should be judged on this season. As he himself said.

2 wins, 10 points from 10. Fairly poor performances.

I’m seriously concerned

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 20:04 - Oct 2 with 718 viewsAbracadobra

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:49 - Oct 2 by Herbivore

But is well supported by today's performance.

So we had a bunch of poor performances/results at the beginning of the season mainly due to various pieces of the jigsaw missing (mainly a lack of Carroll/Morsy in my opinion as the Harper - Evans duo clearly doesn’t work). This was followed by three improved performances (especially in an organisational sense) and results which signified real improvement.

How is the lack of coaching experience becoming more obvious game by game in this scenario? Seems like an over reaction to one defeat in my opinion.
When we put performances like that last season…. on 20:24 - Oct 2 with 673 viewsHerbivore

When we put performances like that last season…. on 20:04 - Oct 2 by Abracadobra

So we had a bunch of poor performances/results at the beginning of the season mainly due to various pieces of the jigsaw missing (mainly a lack of Carroll/Morsy in my opinion as the Harper - Evans duo clearly doesn’t work). This was followed by three improved performances (especially in an organisational sense) and results which signified real improvement.

How is the lack of coaching experience becoming more obvious game by game in this scenario? Seems like an over reaction to one defeat in my opinion.

I think most people are looking at our performances in the round. We've not been good enough this season, far from it, and were awful today. Three better performances, two of which weren't exactly convincing, doesn't change that. Perhaps the poster you were responding to could have worded it better but the general gist is right.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 20:39 - Oct 2 with 639 viewsAbracadobra

When we put performances like that last season…. on 20:24 - Oct 2 by Herbivore

I think most people are looking at our performances in the round. We've not been good enough this season, far from it, and were awful today. Three better performances, two of which weren't exactly convincing, doesn't change that. Perhaps the poster you were responding to could have worded it better but the general gist is right.

I agree that we have not been good enough this season in the round too. However, there is significance in the fact that some of our more organised and resolute performances have been some of the most recent. Does this not show that some of the work done on the training ground is paying off?

Of course, even the best teams can’t always translate that week in, week out and perhaps today shows that. It just seems that some on here always go on about Roberts, Craney and Jeffers lacking ‘experience’ and yet there isn’t a great deal of evidence to support it.
When we put performances like that last season…. on 20:44 - Oct 2 with 614 viewsHerbivore

When we put performances like that last season…. on 20:39 - Oct 2 by Abracadobra

I agree that we have not been good enough this season in the round too. However, there is significance in the fact that some of our more organised and resolute performances have been some of the most recent. Does this not show that some of the work done on the training ground is paying off?

Of course, even the best teams can’t always translate that week in, week out and perhaps today shows that. It just seems that some on here always go on about Roberts, Craney and Jeffers lacking ‘experience’ and yet there isn’t a great deal of evidence to support it.

There's a fair bit of evidence that they lack experience, whether that is causing problems or not requires some speculation. Performances like today's naturally make people question whether something is amiss, we shouldn't be playing that poorly with the players available to us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 00:29 - Oct 3 with 476 viewsBlueBadger

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:26 - Oct 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

If you say :'of course not' then stop excusing those perennial failures from last season who didn't turn up for Hurst, Lambert and Cook. Those so called professional players didn't put any fight in order to save us from the relegation nor did they show the drive to get the club back to the Champ.

Of course Cook doesn't seem to do a right job but the players have their responsibilites too.

At some point Mach, you're going to have to let Mick, Chambers and Skuse GO.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When we put performances like that last season…. on 00:55 - Oct 3 with 457 viewshorsehollerer

Today was the 9th time we've taken the lead this season, yet we have just 2 wins. Not only are we being outfought during games, we are being out-thought too.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

When we put performances like that last season…. on 01:02 - Oct 3 with 452 viewsBondiBlue

You're talking about the culture. It struck me that the two players name-checked by cook in his post-match yesterday (bonne and donacien) clearly really want to be here. Bonne because he's a fan and JD because this will probably be the highest he plays. Is the problem that we're signing players who think they're too good for league one? Last season's squad also had a bit of that about them (flynn downes most obvious example).

Ironically this summer just gone was arguably the time to do what hurst did with recruitment, buy players for who ipswich is a step up, not a stepping stone.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Login to get fewer ads

When we put performances like that last season…. on 01:08 - Oct 3 with 438 views3_5_2

When we put performances like that last season…. on 19:02 - Oct 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

You cannot blame the managers in 100%. The players have their responsibilities too.

Totally agree.

So where was the leadership on the pitch?

Talk is cheap and all sh!te about being able to beat anyone, the premier league is our aim, etc is all
Bollix

Do your talking on the pitch and soon!

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024