Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have the worst save percentage in the league 12:56 - Oct 11 with 1638 viewsJackSted

Only 51.4%

Only 18 saves out of 35 shots on target so far.

We’ve conceded more goals than we have saves 😳
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 12:59]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:05 - Oct 11 with 1580 viewsjayessess

That's what I would guess really. We have an alarming tendency to concede from our first shot against every week and in general we're coughing up a lot of goals from half-chances.

Coughed up 2 goals from 0.8 xg against at Accrington, 1 from 0.33 against Wednesday.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:32 - Oct 11 with 1505 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Whilst he's improved, I still don't think I've seen Hladky pull off a blinding save, or even a very good one. You'd expect one occasionally wouldn't you?

Should never have got rid of Bart.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:35 - Oct 11 with 1492 viewsitfcjoe

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:32 - Oct 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

Whilst he's improved, I still don't think I've seen Hladky pull off a blinding save, or even a very good one. You'd expect one occasionally wouldn't you?

Same with Holy really (and Norris + Cornell and the limited bit I've seen of Walton).

Our GKs just don't make saves you don't expect them to, maybe we were spoiled in that regard by Bart!

Saturday he played pretty well, and the goal was absolutely unsaveable, as was the case v SHeff Weds at home - but be nice to see some saves made!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:43 - Oct 11 with 1456 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:35 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

Same with Holy really (and Norris + Cornell and the limited bit I've seen of Walton).

Our GKs just don't make saves you don't expect them to, maybe we were spoiled in that regard by Bart!

Saturday he played pretty well, and the goal was absolutely unsaveable, as was the case v SHeff Weds at home - but be nice to see some saves made!

At the time I thought it was unsaveable, but then seeing the highlights I was thinking, go on, get a fingertip to it and turn it round the post! It would've been a world class save - no doubt - but it was a fair way out and I don't think it was unsaveable.

Might be being harsh though. We're League 1 now so I guess we have to expect to have keepers who aren't much better than League 1 standard.

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:46 - Oct 11 with 1428 viewsitfcjoe

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:43 - Oct 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

At the time I thought it was unsaveable, but then seeing the highlights I was thinking, go on, get a fingertip to it and turn it round the post! It would've been a world class save - no doubt - but it was a fair way out and I don't think it was unsaveable.

Might be being harsh though. We're League 1 now so I guess we have to expect to have keepers who aren't much better than League 1 standard.

I was behind the goal and in real time he had no chance, the attacker just able to use the defenders as the shield. Maybe positioning wrong or something like that but from when shot was hit he had no chance

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:49 - Oct 11 with 1406 viewsDennyx4

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:43 - Oct 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

Thought the same too - maybe being overly critical, but you could see a big gap that side of the goal, and thought he should be doing better against strikes from that distance.

Positionally, I don't think he moved across the goal quickly enough, to prevent the big gap, which would have made the strike harder in the first place.

You could also say, the closest centre half, should be busting a gut to close down the space, after Whalley had got past Morsy.
We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:53 - Oct 11 with 1388 viewsJammyDodgerrr

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:35 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

Think it's very much a case of Bart is an extremely good keeper who really is capable of performing above his ability regularly and we now have regular, solid League One keepers.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 14:08 - Oct 11 with 1340 viewsIllinoisblue

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:53 - Oct 11 by JammyDodgerrr

Think it's very much a case of Bart is an extremely good keeper who really is capable of performing above his ability regularly and we now have regular, solid League One keepers.

This is pretty much it. Bart was great for us - not saying he’s elite level but surprised he’s only at Milwall.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 14:10 - Oct 11 with 1320 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:46 - Oct 11 by itfcjoe

I was behind the goal and in real time he had no chance, the attacker just able to use the defenders as the shield. Maybe positioning wrong or something like that but from when shot was hit he had no chance

Yeah I was right behind it from the other end (North Stand) and my initial reaction was it was just a cracking strike.

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 14:11 - Oct 11 with 1315 viewswaveneyblue

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:05 - Oct 11 by jayessess

That's what I would guess really. We have an alarming tendency to concede from our first shot against every week and in general we're coughing up a lot of goals from half-chances.

Coughed up 2 goals from 0.8 xg against at Accrington, 1 from 0.33 against Wednesday.

In fairness, the first shot on target against us going in has been a common theme for years, but does seem to have peaked this year.

I believe it has happened in at least 75% of games this season - Possibly more.

Anybody know ? (Some of the more stat intensive ones amongst us must know)
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 14:14]
We have the worst save percentage in the league on 14:26 - Oct 11 with 1266 viewsOldboy

More worryingly is that we have the worst turnstiles in the league. Embarrassing.
We have the worst save percentage in the league on 14:35 - Oct 11 with 1236 viewsCheltenham_Blue

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 14:08 - Oct 11 by Illinoisblue

This is pretty much it. Bart was great for us - not saying he’s elite level but surprised he’s only at Milwall.

He wouldn't be if it hadn't been for his alarming dip in form during the relegation season. I know they were all shoite, but he was worth 9-12 points alone in the seasons before.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 14:44 - Oct 11 with 1207 viewsIpswichKnight

Bart used to get a nosebleed if he went outside his 6 yard box. The modern trend in England at least is for your keeper to be like Pickford and be comfortable playing as a sweeper. I don’t remember many of our previous keepers being spotted outside of there penalty area but Hladky is one who does appear comfortable outside the area, his kicking was awful on Saturday.
We have the worst save percentage in the league on 14:45 - Oct 11 with 1205 viewsDubtractor

My initial thought was I'd want a good keeper to save it.

No blame attached, and def not keeper error, but for a keeper with a rep for shot stopping Hladky hasn't made too many saves!

As Joe said though, he did have a good game Saturday, good handling and great with his feet.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 14:49 - Oct 11 with 1195 viewsSteve_M

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 14:45 - Oct 11 by Dubtractor

My initial thought was I'd want a good keeper to save it.

No blame attached, and def not keeper error, but for a keeper with a rep for shot stopping Hladky hasn't made too many saves!

As Joe said though, he did have a good game Saturday, good handling and great with his feet.

And far greater culpability lies with Morsy for that goal.

He spent far too long trying to get free kicks on Saturday, not certain he did it then, but this is League 1 where blatant handballs can be missed by both referee and assistant.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 14:51 - Oct 11 with 1185 viewsSteve_M

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 13:32 - Oct 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

Not that it changes your point but there was one, I think against MK, where he saved as a player went through one on one. Not enough and overshadowed by the error for their first goal but it was good.

The Accrington winner last weekend went straight through him, I'm still annoyed about that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 15:08 - Oct 11 with 1122 viewsjayessess

To give a sense of how much this is costing us - if we had the median goalkeeper in the league, we'd have conceded just 11 goals so far, which would give us +10 goal difference (as good as Wigan's).

If we had the best keeper in the league (Ben Amos), we'd have conceded just 7 goals, which would be the best defensive record in the league.

It's not improving particularly either. We conceded 4 goals from the last 8 shots we faced.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 15:12 - Oct 11 with 1107 viewsIllinoisblue

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 14:51 - Oct 11 by Steve_M

Not that it changes your point but there was one, I think against MK, where he saved as a player went through one on one. Not enough and overshadowed by the error for their first goal but it was good.

The Accrington winner last weekend went straight through him, I'm still annoyed about that.

That’s a good point about the Accrington goal; very poor from him. Didn’t see it discussed much; probably overshadowed by the all-round incompetence of the team.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 17:56 - Oct 11 with 899 viewsBluedicea

We need a strong personality with flair in goal.

Someone like Rene Higuita, scored 41 goals and was nicknamed "El loco".

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 18:45 - Oct 11 with 853 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We have the worst save percentage in the league on 17:56 - Oct 11 by Bluedicea

We need a strong personality with flair in goal.

Someone like Rene Higuita, scored 41 goals and was nicknamed "El loco".

He was, and still is by the sounds of it, a bit of a character!

"Higuita was friends with Diego Maradona and played in the Argentine's farewell match in 2001.[14]

Higuita was imprisoned in 1993 after getting involved in a kidnapping. Acting as a go-between for the drug barons Pablo Escobar and Carlos Molina, he was largely responsible for securing the release of Molina's daughter by delivering the ransom money. He received $64,000 for his services, which breaks Colombian law as it is an offence to profit from a kidnapping. He was incarcerated for seven months before being released without charge. Commenting on the case, he stated, "I'm a footballer, I didn't know anything about kidnapping laws."[6]

In the ESPN documentary "The Two Escobars", Higuita claimed that he was arrested for visiting Pablo during his time in prison with the desire to thank him for turning himself in thus stabilizing Colombia for a short period. He supported this theory claiming that all he was asked during questioning was solely about Pablo Escobar himself and no kidnapping.[15]

Because of the term in prison Higuita was not fit for the 1994 FIFA World Cup. In another scandal, he tested positive for cocaine on 23 November 2004 while playing for Aucas, an Ecuadorian football club.[16][17]

In 2005, Higuita participated in the reality TV program La isla de los famosos: Una aventura pirata ("The Island of the Famous: A Pirate Adventure"), a show similar to Survivor. Also in 2005, he underwent plastic surgery to completely change his appearance.[18]

Higuita has expressed the wish to become more politically active.[19]"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024