Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away pub tomorrow 18:01 - Oct 15 with 3173 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone know what our boozer is for tomorrow? Never been to Cambridge but tomorrow looks like being a proper belter of a day

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Away pub tomorrow on 18:03 - Oct 15 with 2666 viewsgeg1992

I planned to head straight to the Regal Wetherspoons

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Away pub tomorrow on 18:10 - Oct 15 with 2633 viewsEastTownBlue

Away pub tomorrow on 18:03 - Oct 15 by geg1992

Of all of the pubs in Cambridge …

It is probably the largest pub in the city.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 18:13]
Away pub tomorrow on 19:00 - Oct 15 with 2543 viewsTractorWood

Cambridge has some amazing pubs.

The Eagle is where Crick and Watson went to toast their work on the double helix of DNA. I also believe it has a clause in its lease that a window upstairs has to be left open for a ghost.

The Cambridge Blue, The Kingston Arms, The Devonshire Arms, the Cambridge Brewhouse, the Pint Shop, the Maypole, the Haymakers, the Punter and endless others. The Flying pig near the station is amazing too but rarely open.

The away pub has a place but it is not tomorrow.

Ps Steak and Honour on Wheeler St is amazing for burger fans.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 19:06]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Away pub tomorrow on 19:21 - Oct 15 with 2464 viewsbrogansnose

Away pub tomorrow on 19:00 - Oct 15 by TractorWood

Cambridge has some amazing pubs.

The Eagle is where Crick and Watson went to toast their work on the double helix of DNA. I also believe it has a clause in its lease that a window upstairs has to be left open for a ghost.

The Cambridge Blue, The Kingston Arms, The Devonshire Arms, the Cambridge Brewhouse, the Pint Shop, the Maypole, the Haymakers, the Punter and endless others. The Flying pig near the station is amazing too but rarely open.

The away pub has a place but it is not tomorrow.

Ps Steak and Honour on Wheeler St is amazing for burger fans.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 19:06]

...........all of those and add the Boathouse - went in in the week and has a good selection of beers next door to the Eagle -and there is a Brewhouse on the corner nearby. Really good street food on the market. The Old ticket Office next door to the station is good too.
Away pub tomorrow on 19:31 - Oct 15 with 2429 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Away pub tomorrow on 19:21 - Oct 15 by brogansnose

...........all of those and add the Boathouse - went in in the week and has a good selection of beers next door to the Eagle -and there is a Brewhouse on the corner nearby. Really good street food on the market. The Old ticket Office next door to the station is good too.

....and if driving in from the A14, is there anywhere or is it all city centre stuff?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Away pub tomorrow on 19:42 - Oct 15 with 2399 viewsWhos_blue

Away pub tomorrow on 19:31 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

....and if driving in from the A14, is there anywhere or is it all city centre stuff?

There isn't really anything that side of town.
You could divert off and try the 3 pubs in Fen Ditton or maybe continue on to the Milton Junction and drop in to the golden hind.
None of these are suitable to park at and walk to the ground though.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Away pub tomorrow on 19:45 - Oct 15 with 2385 viewsWhos_blue

That's probably the last place I'd go to!
Unless you're getting there early for a breakfast!
I think TractorWood gives you some great options.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Away pub tomorrow on 19:47 - Oct 15 with 2374 viewsbrogansnose

Away pub tomorrow on 19:31 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

This has been gone over all week but, there are to pubs down Newmarket road one of which does really good Thai curries but isn't a football pub and the Corner House which I don't think allows away fans although it does have a decent size beer garden.

My own personal preference is to get the Newmarket Road P&R which is £3 rtn to the city centre, do some pubs around the market, feed on the market, bus back to the ground - it stops outside it - watch match , go home to local of choice.

Nothing local Bankie.
Login to get fewer ads

Away pub tomorrow on 19:53 - Oct 15 with 2347 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Away pub tomorrow on 19:47 - Oct 15 by brogansnose

This has been gone over all week but, there are to pubs down Newmarket road one of which does really good Thai curries but isn't a football pub and the Corner House which I don't think allows away fans although it does have a decent size beer garden.

My own personal preference is to get the Newmarket Road P&R which is £3 rtn to the city centre, do some pubs around the market, feed on the market, bus back to the ground - it stops outside it - watch match , go home to local of choice.

Nothing local Bankie.

Cheers ears....think we'll park near that Mc.D's that has been mentioned and see if there is time for a bus in to town.

Away pub tomorrow on 19:55 - Oct 15 with 2336 viewstextbackup

I’d guess the regal will be the main away pub, and it’ll be rammed as it’s so big.
That aside a place called the tram pot or something is suppose to be nice

(But in terms of ITFC atmosphere - the regal)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Away pub tomorrow on 19:58 - Oct 15 with 2320 viewsbrogansnose

Away pub tomorrow on 19:53 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Cheers ears....think we'll park near that Mc.D's that has been mentioned and see if there is time for a bus in to town.

Hmm I'd be tempted to try and park at the Abbey Sports car park which is quite large and is just off Newmarket road. Also some street parking around there too. Beware, street parking regs are irregular in Cambridge and the traffic wardens are hardline.
Away pub tomorrow on 20:23 - Oct 15 with 2236 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Away pub tomorrow on 19:58 - Oct 15 by brogansnose

Hmm I'd be tempted to try and park at the Abbey Sports car park which is quite large and is just off Newmarket road. Also some street parking around there too. Beware, street parking regs are irregular in Cambridge and the traffic wardens are hardline.

Someone mentioned parking in the housing area off Barnwell road having no regs but will check it out first.

Away pub tomorrow on 20:26 - Oct 15 with 2223 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Away pub tomorrow on 19:55 - Oct 15 by textbackup

I’d guess the regal will be the main away pub, and it’ll be rammed as it’s so big.

But where can the discerning leaver drink?

Away pub tomorrow on 20:28 - Oct 15 with 2217 viewsFreddies_Ears

Away pub tomorrow on 20:23 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Someone mentioned parking in the housing area off Barnwell road having no regs but will check it out first.

Street parking in the ex-council estates off Newmarket Road should be fine, but get there early as it is a big crowd.
Away pub tomorrow on 20:29 - Oct 15 with 2217 viewswkj

Cambridge is full of places to eat and drink, and well worth actually spending a bit of time going somewhere out of the norm, or away from the herd if the desire hits.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

[Redacted] on 20:40 - Oct 15 with 2170 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Away pub tomorrow on 21:52 - Oct 15 with 1980 viewsTractorWood

Away pub tomorrow on 19:42 - Oct 15 by Whos_blue

There isn't really anything that side of town.
You could divert off and try the 3 pubs in Fen Ditton or maybe continue on to the Milton Junction and drop in to the golden hind.
None of these are suitable to park at and walk to the ground though.

The Hind is a good pub but it was formerly known as being a bit rough. I've never had problems in there though. If coming by the A14 I'd recommend parking in Chesterton and a pint in the Haymakers or Green Dragon. Green Dragon is only 10 mins from the ground. Enjoy all.

I'm biased as I've been working there for a decade but it's a cracking city. However, it's not a football place per se so don't expect pubs to be particularly understanding of what's going on if you turn up with your scarf, rattle and big rosette.

Away pub tomorrow on 21:53 - Oct 15 with 1981 viewsTractorWood

Away pub tomorrow on 19:55 - Oct 15 by textbackup

Tram depot near the Grafton.

The grain and hop store is the other big pub that usually has some away fans.

Away pub tomorrow on 22:08 - Oct 15 with 1919 viewsStNeotsBlue

Away pub tomorrow on 21:53 - Oct 15 by TractorWood

Tram depot near the Grafton.

The grain and hop store is the other big pub that usually has some away fans.

Grain and Hop Store is shut till next month!
Regal is the easy shout but it is miles from the ground, Tram Depot isn't a bad call.
Away pub tomorrow on 22:18 - Oct 15 with 1889 viewsTractorWood

Away pub tomorrow on 22:08 - Oct 15 by StNeotsBlue

Grain and Hop Store is shut till next month!
Regal is the easy shout but it is miles from the ground, Tram Depot isn't a bad call.

Good call. It's not a place I frequent so useful.

For craft beer fans, Thirsty on Mitcham's corner is an awesome place. Not that far from the Boathouse (Brogan's shout), Fort St George and the Waterman too.

Making the game is the biggest potential issue!
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 22:20]

Away pub tomorrow on 23:10 - Oct 15 with 1764 viewsFreddies_Ears

I'm in Cambridge tonight. The Regal (Spoons) was seated only, with bouncers and a big queue at 8.30pm. I peeked in, and it was very, very empty.
Away pub tomorrow on 23:24 - Oct 15 with 1730 viewscoleking

Away pub tomorrow on 23:10 - Oct 15 by Freddies_Ears

I'm in Cambridge tonight. The Regal (Spoons) was seated only, with bouncers and a big queue at 8.30pm. I peeked in, and it was very, very empty.

I would go to the Wrestlers, it’s not home only and a stones throw from the ground, yes Cambridge had great pubs but most of them are miles from the ground..

Poll: Cook out

Away pub tomorrow on 10:02 - Oct 16 with 1392 viewsg0ddard

Away pub tomorrow on 23:24 - Oct 15 by coleking

I would go to the Wrestlers, it’s not home only and a stones throw from the ground, yes Cambridge had great pubs but most of them are miles from the ground..

The Wrestlers is closed before the games on match days now. There’s not really anywhere to go nearby. craft beer heads check out Thirsty - around 20 beers on tap. That’s where I will be
Away pub tomorrow on 10:11 - Oct 16 with 1369 viewscoleking

Away pub tomorrow on 10:02 - Oct 16 by g0ddard

The Wrestlers is closed before the games on match days now. There’s not really anywhere to go nearby. craft beer heads check out Thirsty - around 20 beers on tap. That’s where I will be

That’s a shame. If training it I’d do a pub crawl in that case. Start at the station’s own boozer then Devonshire Arms, Cambridge Blue. empress, jubilee. All kind of en route to the ground 👍

Poll: Cook out

Away pub tomorrow on 09:40 - Oct 17 with 1069 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Away pub tomorrow on 19:58 - Oct 15 by brogansnose

Took your advice about the park and ride, worked out perfectly but glad we chose to walk back from the ground (despite the gloomy atmosphere) as I think we would still be waiting for a bus now. Cheers!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024