Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match 22:09 - Oct 19 with 1765 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pitch was so waterlogged the first player overruns it when clean through on goal and falls over before second player picks it up and can't finish it so first one gets up and eventually hammers it into the net!

Players celebrate by sliding through standing water on their bellies!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:22 - Oct 19 with 1634 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:32 - Oct 19 with 1519 viewsN2_Blue

Sorry but how is the ref letting that go on? That is not a playable pitch.

Surely you have to stop the game and let standing water clear
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 23:27]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:33 - Oct 19 with 1502 viewspatrickswell

Thursday will mark 35 years to the day since I first saw Town play in the flesh. That was at Plymouth and in similar weather conditions.
Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:36 - Oct 19 with 1453 viewsSitfcB

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:32 - Oct 19 by N2_Blue

Bet you’re fun at parties.

COYB

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:37 - Oct 19 with 1439 viewsWicklowBlue

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:22 - Oct 19 by SitfcB

That is completely nuts, the ball literally held up after a yard. Equally where is the defence and why is the keeper all the way out there?
Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:39 - Oct 19 with 1400 viewswkj

You have to feel for the lads who made the short pass where it all went wrong - however - the Plymouth player made the correct choice in his celebration which made it all the more wonderful.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:40 - Oct 19 with 1385 viewsN2_Blue

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:36 - Oct 19 by SitfcB

Bet you’re fun at parties.

Sorry Stephen? Bit of an odd take.

I just think it's a bit farcical. Not disputing it's hilarious or a ridiculous goal.

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:42 - Oct 19 with 1356 viewsSitfcB

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:40 - Oct 19 by N2_Blue

Sorry Stephen? Bit of an odd take.

I just think it's a bit farcical. Not disputing it's hilarious or a ridiculous goal.

Just a bit boring from you, is it really that deep?

It was the 95th minute, I reckon conditions only worsened towards the end of the game.

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:47 - Oct 19 with 1306 viewsN2_Blue

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:42 - Oct 19 by SitfcB

Just a bit boring from you, is it really that deep?

It was the 95th minute, I reckon conditions only worsened towards the end of the game.

nothing to do with how deep it is, i thought the ball had to freely roll.

Didn't realise it was the last minute...that explains it seeing as Plymouth were already 2 up so that makes more sense to just get on and finish it.

Can guarantee the ref would have stopped if it was the 20th minute though or the assessors would have been all over him.

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:52 - Oct 19 with 1237 viewsSitfcB

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:47 - Oct 19 by N2_Blue

nothing to do with how deep it is, i thought the ball had to freely roll.

Didn't realise it was the last minute...that explains it seeing as Plymouth were already 2 up so that makes more sense to just get on and finish it.

Can guarantee the ref would have stopped if it was the 20th minute though or the assessors would have been all over him.

- I wasn’t referencing the depth of the water

Plymouth tweeted it was ‘really raining’ from the 84th minute, of course had it have been the 20th minute it would’ve been different.

COYB

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:56 - Oct 19 with 1190 viewsN2_Blue

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:52 - Oct 19 by SitfcB

- I wasn’t referencing the depth of the water

Plymouth tweeted it was ‘really raining’ from the 84th minute, of course had it have been the 20th minute it would’ve been different.

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 23:07 - Oct 19 with 1126 viewsZXBlue

I have no time for the prima donnas who think that a game should be called off the moment it gets soggy. But that is clearly an unplayable pitch. No question about it. Should have been called.
Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 00:02 - Oct 20 with 971 viewsBurns7

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 22:32 - Oct 19 by N2_Blue

That's the level we are in. The state of the officials in this league....
Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 07:23 - Oct 20 with 741 viewsITFC_Forever

If the ball can roll its circumference, the pitch is fit for play.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Just seen a ridiculous goal from the Plymouth match on 08:38 - Oct 20 with 579 viewsSteve_M

This penalty probably belongs on the same thread:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024