Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team v Plymouth. 13:33 - Oct 24 with 1462 viewsquad

Walton

Donacien Toto Edmundson Coulsen / Penney

Morsy Evans

Burns Chaplin Aluko / Fraser

Bonne

I've been critical of Edmundson and Chaplin in the past. I was wrong, they're both crucial players now and must start. I would start Coulsen ahead of Penney if fit, I think he's the better player.

I also don't think Edwards or Celina did enough yesterday to earn a start v Plymouth (yeah I know Celina scored but even so). If Aluko can play left then he should, otherwise I think Fraser should get the nod. Burns has to start, he was awesome when he came on.
Team v Plymouth. on 13:41 - Oct 24 with 1416 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Aluko can play left. He moved over there on Tuesday when Burns came on. That’s probably what I would do next Saturday

Poll: Our final position

Team v Plymouth. on 14:15 - Oct 24 with 1368 viewsquad

Team v Plymouth. on 13:41 - Oct 24 by southnorfolkblue

Aluko can play left. He moved over there on Tuesday when Burns came on. That’s probably what I would do next Saturday

That's the team then, play Aluko on the left. Keep Penney in the team until Coulsen can have a cup game to help build his fitness up as I doubt he is 100% ready.
Team v Plymouth. on 14:55 - Oct 24 with 1312 viewsDarth_Koont

Same team for me essentially.

Although perhaps controversially I’d start Fraser, Chaplin and Aluko behind Bonne. Burns in particular would be unlucky as he has been great when we’re on top. But I think those three are more important for linking up the play and keeping the ball (and the team) higher up the pitch.

Pronouns: He/Him

Team v Plymouth. on 22:16 - Oct 24 with 1084 viewsHighgateBlue

It's incredible how far Aluko has come since his debut. The thought of him possibly keeping Fraser, Edwards and Celina out of a winning team at that point would have been laughable. But he's really earned his place I feel.

Agreed re Edmundson and Chaplin.

I'd keep the back four the same, for consistency. We need to build a unit. Morsy and Evans are inked in for the time being - gonna be hard for Carroll to force his way in. That alone reminds us of our embarrassment of riches.

Burns has been pretty consistent whenever he's played, to my eyes. I'd play him.

That lad up front hasn't scored for a while, mind.... ;)
Team v Plymouth. on 22:43 - Oct 24 with 1029 viewsDarth_Koont

Team v Plymouth. on 22:16 - Oct 24 by HighgateBlue

It's incredible how far Aluko has come since his debut. The thought of him possibly keeping Fraser, Edwards and Celina out of a winning team at that point would have been laughable. But he's really earned his place I feel.

Agreed re Edmundson and Chaplin.

I'd keep the back four the same, for consistency. We need to build a unit. Morsy and Evans are inked in for the time being - gonna be hard for Carroll to force his way in. That alone reminds us of our embarrassment of riches.

Burns has been pretty consistent whenever he's played, to my eyes. I'd play him.

That lad up front hasn't scored for a while, mind.... ;)

The nonsense about Aluko at the start was silly. Even in his first game where he started well off the pace, he got into it by the end of his 60 minutes.

Don’t know about the banter era any more. But we definitely seem to be in the hottest, earliest take era.

What I like about this team and the players is how they’re developing slowly but steadily. As you would want if you had your sights set on getting out of this division and the next one too.

Team v Plymouth. on 23:56 - Oct 24 with 958 viewstractordownsouth

Walton

Donacien Nsiala Edmundson Penney

Morsy Evans

Burns Chaplin Aluko

Bonne

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Team v Plymouth. on 07:22 - Oct 25 with 853 viewshoppy

Team v Plymouth. on 22:43 - Oct 24 by Darth_Koont

The nonsense about Aluko at the start was silly. Even in his first game where he started well off the pace, he got into it by the end of his 60 minutes.

Don’t know about the banter era any more. But we definitely seem to be in the hottest, earliest take era.

What I like about this team and the players is how they’re developing slowly but steadily. As you would want if you had your sights set on getting out of this division and the next one too.

Would you say it’s almost like they’re ‘gelling’?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Team v Plymouth. on 07:40 - Oct 25 with 832 viewsgordon

Burns Chaplin Aluko ought to be the three if all fit - think that Fraser doesn't really fit into the system that well - plays too deep and doesn't offer that much goal threat for a no. 10, and for the wide positions he doesn't have the pace and directness and ability to go round the outside and get crosses in.
Login to get fewer ads

Team v Plymouth. on 08:18 - Oct 25 with 780 viewswrightsrightglove

Team v Plymouth. on 13:41 - Oct 24 by southnorfolkblue

Yep, this for me, burns, Chaplin, Aluko and everyone else unchanged. I feel like burns and aluko track back more effectively and are more solid when we haven’t got the ball so for matches where we might be a bit up against it at some points I’d have them as my three.
Team v Plymouth. on 08:23 - Oct 25 with 764 viewsDarth_Koont

Team v Plymouth. on 07:22 - Oct 25 by hoppy

Would you say it’s almost like they’re ‘gelling’?

Absolutely!

But I’d give it a couple more weeks before we start layering the custard & cream and sprinkling the hundreds and thousands on top.

This is no trifling matter.

Team v Plymouth. on 09:23 - Oct 25 with 699 viewshoppy

Team v Plymouth. on 08:23 - Oct 25 by Darth_Koont

Absolutely!

But I’d give it a couple more weeks before we start layering the custard & cream and sprinkling the hundreds and thousands on top.

Then I guess we’ll start giving opposing teams their just desserts?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Team v Plymouth. on 09:26 - Oct 25 with 683 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Team v Plymouth. on 08:23 - Oct 25 by Darth_Koont

Absolutely!

Sherry good effort!
Team v Plymouth. on 10:14 - Oct 25 with 600 viewsDinDjarin

I love Edwards and can be a very dangerous exciting player to watch but currently there is no end product. Once he sorts that out then we will have a player on our hands.

Will give him some slack as been out for several games and before that was superb just not happening for him last couple of games.

For me it has to be Burns ad Aluko out wide.
Team v Plymouth. on 10:17 - Oct 25 with 592 viewschicoazul

Coulson is never ever fit.
Go unchanged.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Team v Plymouth. on 10:20 - Oct 25 with 582 viewsDinDjarin

Team v Plymouth. on 10:17 - Oct 25 by chicoazul

Coulson is never ever fit.
Go unchanged.

Plus Penney is ours and doing the job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024