Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying 12:25 - Oct 27 with 3096 viewsElderGrizzly

Which is at complete odds with any COP26 commitments to reduce emissions, making trains an even more expensive option.

We should be following the France model of banning domestic flights less than 2.5hrs not promoting flying
Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 18:17 - Oct 27 with 691 viewsPinewoodblue

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 18:05 - Oct 27 by wkj

To be fair we should all be fearing the damage to the forest of money trees that Sunak has tapped in to.

Thought they intend to plant new ones as part of their green policies.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 22:38 - Oct 27 with 628 viewsElderGrizzly

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 12:50 - Oct 27 by ElderGrizzly

It's a headline grabber that removes focus from the real issues and papers the Daily Mail and The Sun will lap it up.

Costs him a lot of money, makes sod all difference to the recipient.

It’s just so predictable…

A pint can cost £6 in London. He’s knocked off 3p and it gets headlines in a lot of the Tory supporting papers.

Glosses over his NI increase from a few months ago and the billions in tax savings for banks announced today though doesn’t it?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 22:41]
Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 22:43 - Oct 27 with 617 viewswkj

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 22:38 - Oct 27 by ElderGrizzly

A pint can cost £6 in London. He’s knocked off 3p and it gets headlines in a lot of the Tory supporting papers.

Glosses over his NI increase from a few months ago and the billions in tax savings for banks announced today though doesn’t it?

The Daily Mail has been oddly cynical of it, which is odd. They must not be fond of the current Tories

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 22:44 - Oct 27 with 614 viewsfooters

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 22:38 - Oct 27 by ElderGrizzly

Wonder how much he's kept his (billionaire) wife's tax bill low?

One to ponder, certainly.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 22:49 - Oct 27 with 601 viewsElderGrizzly

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 22:43 - Oct 27 by wkj

The Daily Mail has been oddly cynical of it, which is odd. They must not be fond of the current Tories

It’s a Daily Mail dig at Civil Servants underneath, which is very much on message for the Govt.

How dare we give Civil Servants, who have hardly had any pay rise in 6 years, anything at all.
Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 22:50 - Oct 27 with 598 viewswkj

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 22:49 - Oct 27 by ElderGrizzly

It’s a Daily Mail dig at Civil Servants underneath, which is very much on message for the Govt.

How dare we give Civil Servants, who have hardly had any pay rise in 6 years, anything at all.

See, that's what I get for only reading the words that I can't avoid when I take my glasses off.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 23:02 - Oct 27 with 586 viewsLord_Lucan

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 12:42 - Oct 27 by ElderGrizzly

Although China did also say they were aiming to maximise their use of coal over the next 5 years, which is at odds with the rest of the world.

They are an easy bogeyman here for many, especially with their refusal to attend COP26 where they would simply be a punching bag

China has little power (energy) at this time, maybe Australia is limiting their coal, I don't know.

Most towns and city's are operating on a few hours a day - and then power cut (or outage as you would call it)

You ain't seen nothing yet! All the guys and girls moaning about Chinese dominance will be moaning double bubble when they can't get their household goods (which started to happen a while back) - and I called it back then, before idiots started panic buying.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 23:18]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 12:29 - Oct 28 with 466 viewsblueconscience

“ We should be following the France model of banning domestic flights less than 2.5hrs not promoting flying”

You would rather we all drove our dirty cars to Ireland then?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 12:30]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 12:35 - Oct 28 with 457 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 12:29 - Oct 28 by blueconscience

“ We should be following the France model of banning domestic flights less than 2.5hrs not promoting flying”

You would rather we all drove our dirty cars to Ireland then?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 12:30]

Is that using Johnson's bridge?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 12:49 - Oct 28 with 440 viewsblueconscience

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 12:35 - Oct 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is that using Johnson's bridge?

If that is what is necessary I guess, though there are a few ferry options which still involve medium to long polluting drives. I was just curious whether he thought that silly comment through.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 12:51]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 12:59 - Oct 28 with 426 viewsGlasgowBlue

Surely if we banned all domestic flights of less than 2.5 hours then the domestic flight industry would collapse. I can't think of any domestic flights that take that long. Unless you go from the top of Scotland to Cornwall on one of those FlyBe propeller jobs.

Glasgow/Edinburgh to London is about an hour.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:00 - Oct 28 with 425 viewsElderGrizzly

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 12:49 - Oct 28 by blueconscience

If that is what is necessary I guess, though there are a few ferry options which still involve medium to long polluting drives. I was just curious whether he thought that silly comment through.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 12:51]

It's not a silly comment. It is literally a very successful government policy in France.

It also only applies where there is a suitable alternative, so this wouldn't apply.
Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:02 - Oct 28 with 420 viewsfooters

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 12:59 - Oct 28 by GlasgowBlue

Surely if we banned all domestic flights of less than 2.5 hours then the domestic flight industry would collapse. I can't think of any domestic flights that take that long. Unless you go from the top of Scotland to Cornwall on one of those FlyBe propeller jobs.

Glasgow/Edinburgh to London is about an hour.

Probably not a bad idea. Problem is we'd need a decent rail network to make up for it and we don't. The UK should be too small a place to warrant internal flights for most trips.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024