Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying 12:25 - Oct 27 with 3087 viewsElderGrizzly

Which is at complete odds with any COP26 commitments to reduce emissions, making trains an even more expensive option.

We should be following the France model of banning domestic flights less than 2.5hrs not promoting flying
Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:44 - Oct 27 with 845 viewsNthQldITFC

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:36 - Oct 27 by footers

I make you right .

I seem to swing between overly reasonable and rabid. Too much vinegar on my lunch today, I suspect.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:46 - Oct 27 with 836 viewsfooters

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:44 - Oct 27 by NthQldITFC

I seem to swing between overly reasonable and rabid. Too much vinegar on my lunch today, I suspect.

No such thing as too much vinegar, buh! I even vinegar my toast with a fry-up.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:57 - Oct 27 with 810 viewsDarth_Koont

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:43 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

It is pretty much true though isn't it that the heady mix of Corbyn and covid has enabled the Tories to discover the fruits of the money tree and deliver a new Labour style budget?

Not only that, but to keep the 52 leave seats out of 54 seats they won from Labour in 2019, they don’t have the simplistic Get Brexit Done anymore. So they need to do something to at least pretend to “level up” and make life better (as well as mitigate against the actual effects of the Brexit pup they sold these voters).

Westminster has pretty much become a club for cosplaying social democracy.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:59 - Oct 27 with 802 viewsDarth_Koont

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:46 - Oct 27 by footers

No such thing as too much vinegar, buh! I even vinegar my toast with a fry-up.

A healthy splash of malt vinegar in baked beans. Total gamechanger.

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:59 - Oct 27 with 799 viewsgiant_stow

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:57 - Oct 27 by Darth_Koont

Not only that, but to keep the 52 leave seats out of 54 seats they won from Labour in 2019, they don’t have the simplistic Get Brexit Done anymore. So they need to do something to at least pretend to “level up” and make life better (as well as mitigate against the actual effects of the Brexit pup they sold these voters).

Nice turn of phrase at the end there!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 14:01 - Oct 27 with 786 viewsDarth_Koont

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:59 - Oct 27 by giant_stow

Cheers. I was pleased with that one!

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 14:35 - Oct 27 with 735 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:57 - Oct 27 by Darth_Koont

In other words we have reached destination 10 years behind America again (Republican v Democrats, no real choice)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 14:42 - Oct 27 with 718 viewsDarth_Koont

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 14:35 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

In other words we have reached destination 10 years behind America again (Republican v Democrats, no real choice)

Yep.

Only without the strong state and local representation ...

We are a fecking awful shadow of a modern democracy.

Login to get fewer ads

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 14:47 - Oct 27 with 705 viewschicoazul

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:43 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

It is pretty much true though isn't it that the heady mix of Corbyn and covid has enabled the Tories to discover the fruits of the money tree and deliver a new Labour style budget?

They’ve been like that for nearly 20 years but some of us are only just realising.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 14:52 - Oct 27 with 693 viewslowhouseblue

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:59 - Oct 27 by giant_stow

i'm certain it was only 6 months ago that they were fascists pursuing austerity. how things change.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 14:52 - Oct 27 with 700 viewshomer_123

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:59 - Oct 27 by Darth_Koont

Does it stop the farts then?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 14:58 - Oct 27 with 690 viewsnoggin

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 12:32 - Oct 27 by ElderGrizzly

Sshhh

He's about to throw a few more Daily Mail friendly tax cuts in too

Keep the working man thinking he got a treat from the establishment. 2p off a pint of beer.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 15:06 - Oct 27 with 678 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 14:52 - Oct 27 by lowhouseblue

i'm certain it was only 6 months ago that they were fascists pursuing austerity. how things change.

Well on the plus side at least you have your country/party(ies) back.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 15:08]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 15:37 - Oct 27 with 637 viewsghostofescobar

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:59 - Oct 27 by Darth_Koont

Is that right? Might try that. I like L & P’s Worcester Sauce on mine.

GhostOfEscobar

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 15:56 - Oct 27 with 612 viewslowhouseblue

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 15:06 - Oct 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well on the plus side at least you have your country/party(ies) back.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 15:08]

never lost my country thanks. have always quite liked it in all its various formulations.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 16:12 - Oct 27 with 588 viewsDarth_Koont

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 14:52 - Oct 27 by lowhouseblue

Well, I know I never used that description.

But cosplaying isn’t real, and of course neither the Tory nor the current Labour showers will actually do anything progressive for the workers or the poor. Both parties are essentially beholden to the interests of capital, and their MPs, functionaries and fanboys are looking to get paid – anything else is pretty much lip service.

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 16:14 - Oct 27 with 585 viewsDarth_Koont

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 15:37 - Oct 27 by ghostofescobar

Is that right? Might try that. I like L & P’s Worcester Sauce on mine.

Lea & Perrins was always good, but I’m malt vinegar on my beans all the way now.

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 16:19 - Oct 27 with 578 viewsDarth_Koont

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 14:52 - Oct 27 by homer_123

Does it stop the farts then?

No, it supercharges them. They become sharper and more accurate over long distances.

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 16:23 - Oct 27 with 567 viewslowhouseblue

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 16:12 - Oct 27 by Darth_Koont

But cosplaying isn’t real, and of course neither the Tory nor the current Labour showers will actually do anything progressive for the workers or the poor. Both parties are essentially beholden to the interests of capital, and their MPs, functionaries and fanboys are looking to get paid – anything else is pretty much lip service.

what a lot of inane wibble. you are cil and i claim my £5.

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 16:26 - Oct 27 with 558 viewsfooters

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 16:12 - Oct 27 by Darth_Koont

I reckon if we continue what we've been doing for the last 50 years somehow things will get better eventually.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 16:27 - Oct 27 with 551 viewsDarth_Koont

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 16:23 - Oct 27 by lowhouseblue

what a lot of inane wibble. you are cil and i claim my £5.

No, this isn’t in my brain. It’s how our “grownup”, establishment-approved politics works.

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 16:34 - Oct 27 with 530 viewsDarth_Koont

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 16:26 - Oct 27 by footers

I reckon if we continue what we've been doing for the last 50 years somehow things will get better eventually.

I wonder if the the penny will ever drop that these politicians and their media cheerleaders are either clueless about the needs of the country as a whole and/or self-serving enough not to care.

If it hasn’t happened by now, it never will. And you’ve got to assume that most voters are similarly clueless and/or self-serving.

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 16:42 - Oct 27 with 509 viewsElderGrizzly

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 13:15 - Oct 27 by Darth_Koont

Labour right budget if we’re being accurate.

But yes, pretty much nothing would change under the current opposition. When they’re not being outflanked by the government they’re getting neutralised. Utterly weak and self-serving nonsense.

Still, Tories are serving their own though of course

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 16:51 - Oct 27 with 481 viewsDarth_Koont

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 16:42 - Oct 27 by ElderGrizzly

Still, Tories are serving their own though of course

This pork-barrel politics has served them well. It was frequently mentioned by former-Labour voters in the Hartlepool by-election looking enviously at Ben Houchen splashing the cash as Tees Valley Mayor. And, most damning of all, they also said they’d never gotten anything from voting Labour all these years. Even when they voted them into government.

Sunak about to cut taxes on domestic flying on 18:05 - Oct 27 with 437 viewswkj

To be fair we should all be fearing the damage to the forest of money trees that Sunak has tapped in to.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024