Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. 18:43 - Oct 30 with 1917 viewschrismakin

15 games in.

I feel similar to when PC came in when we were 1 point off top 6 but never felt we would ever finish in them.

At present. I feel a bit 'meh' about our chances. I can't quite work out if I believe we can do it or if the blue tinted glasses makes me think we still can do it.

Should i still be feeling its possible. Or are we just seeing the season out and building for next season.

I don't know really how I see this season ending.

Today was an equal game. But was it an equal game between two top clubs or 2 midtable sides come May.

I'm caught inbetween the cook out cook in. Without knowing what exactly are the owners targets this season.

I don't know if I trust PC to get us up. But equally I I know if I think he will keep us in midtable.

How do you feel about it?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 23:06 - Oct 30 with 359 viewsfooters

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 23:02 - Oct 30 by chrismakin

Are you surprised though about majority of fanbase?
It is the same one who made Lambert feel like king when taking us down. And then showed him love for another 2 years.

So are you Cook in or Cook out today? It's difficult to tell right now. Guessing it's out today though.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 23:08 - Oct 30 with 340 viewschrismakin

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 23:06 - Oct 30 by footers

So are you Cook in or Cook out today? It's difficult to tell right now. Guessing it's out today though.

I'm in the camp of if it happens it happens.

Today wasn't that bad in the end. Despite result.
But likewise he messed up with some things. But also did well on other things.
Hands tied behind back with last minute illnesses. But then not helping himself with selection of those available.

I'm in Meh stages.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 23:10 - Oct 30 with 324 viewsquirkie

Pretty much as I expected, absolute no chance of automatic promotion and will just miss out on the play offs and finish about 8th.

Nothing I saw today will change that. It will be a case do we let Cook have another go next season?
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 23:12]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 23:11 - Oct 30 with 324 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 18:51 - Oct 30 by Pinewoodblue

The last time we gained promotion 15 games in we had 6 more points than we have this season, we then drew the next three then went on a good run, no reason to suppose we won’t do the same this season.

mind you Cook is no Burley.

Cook is no Burley but what had Burley achieved with us at that point? There are many clear differences but there is nothing to say Cook couldn't go on to do what Burley did or very similar (albeit at a league lower).

To answer the OP I am optimistic that we are moving in the right direction but frustrated that there are too many things that persist. I am willing to give this more time but feel the next 5 matches will go a long way to determining the outcome of our season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 23:19 - Oct 30 with 294 viewsRonFearonsHair

Ever since Joe Royle's last campaign, with the exception of two seasons, it feels like every single year we have 'just needed to do a bit more' to be 'in with a shout of the play-offs'.

Every single year.

The same feeling that every other club in the land is going through an emotional roller-coaster of highs and lows, the kind of stuff that football supporting is all about, whilst we sit in a seemingly endless state of purgatory drifting along in the middle of a division.
So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 23:51 - Oct 30 with 266 viewsfab_lover

"PC came in when we were 1 point off top 6"

That's the thing that we as fans seem most prone to forget. We're now 7 points off top six. Yes, we score a lot more goals nowadays, but face it, until we're 3-0 up in a game, we can never really relax because we can't seem to hold onto a lead.

So, as things stand, PC has taken us backwards, not forwards. The mantra is "but if we go on a run" even though there is no sign that we will go on a run. Most of our games this season have been against weaker opposition, but regardless, bar several outliers, the games fall into the same pattern of a bright start, then a quick fade.

If we're not within 3 points of the play-offs by the New Year, I think PC should go. He's been given everything he asked for, has incredible support from the owners and the fans, but as things stand, under his management, in terms of points on the board, which is what it all boils down to - he's taken us backwards, not forwards.
So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 23:58 - Oct 30 with 256 viewsDubtractor

So honestly. How do you all feel about this season. on 23:51 - Oct 30 by fab_lover

"PC came in when we were 1 point off top 6"

That's the thing that we as fans seem most prone to forget. We're now 7 points off top six. Yes, we score a lot more goals nowadays, but face it, until we're 3-0 up in a game, we can never really relax because we can't seem to hold onto a lead.

So, as things stand, PC has taken us backwards, not forwards. The mantra is "but if we go on a run" even though there is no sign that we will go on a run. Most of our games this season have been against weaker opposition, but regardless, bar several outliers, the games fall into the same pattern of a bright start, then a quick fade.

If we're not within 3 points of the play-offs by the New Year, I think PC should go. He's been given everything he asked for, has incredible support from the owners and the fans, but as things stand, under his management, in terms of points on the board, which is what it all boils down to - he's taken us backwards, not forwards.

This is pretty much where I am, in terms of timings too.

We've shown enough in the last couple of months suggest things might be moving in the right direction, but to say that there are some nagging doubts still would be an understatement.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024