Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leo Cotterell 15:49 - Nov 1 with 2147 viewsTrumptonBlue

He had a strange Ipswich career, didn't he? He made three substitute appearances of about 20 minutes each in three consecutive games in the same week, but never featured for the first team, not even as an unused substitute, on any other occasion, before or after.

Anyway, carry on.
Leo Cotterell on 16:02 - Nov 1 with 2112 viewsBurns7

Stuart Niven was equally more bizarre, came on in 1996 and played a handful of games and did well and never played again despite being on the books until what 2001? Around then at least!
Leo Cotterell on 16:25 - Nov 1 with 2071 viewsTrumptonBlue

Leo Cotterell on 16:02 - Nov 1 by Burns7

Stuart Niven was equally more bizarre, came on in 1996 and played a handful of games and did well and never played again despite being on the books until what 2001? Around then at least!

Yes, I remember Niven doing well in the George Williams role in consecutive wins against Sheffield United and Charlton, and then that was that, although I think he had injury problems at times.
Leo Cotterell on 16:31 - Nov 1 with 2051 viewsFBI

Leo Cotterell on 16:02 - Nov 1 by Burns7

I'll see your Leo Cotterell and Stuart Niven and raise you...

Paul Overton.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Leo Cotterell on 16:53 - Nov 1 with 2006 viewsTrumptonBlue

Leo Cotterell on 16:31 - Nov 1 by FBI

Paul Overton.

Indeed, but there are plenty of players who have just played one game - what I find particularly curious about Cotterell is that he was heavily involved in that one week, with three appearances, two in the Premier League, but didn't even get to sit on the bench at any other time.
Leo Cotterell on 17:33 - Nov 1 with 1959 viewsITFC_History

Around the Cotterell era we also had Lee Durant. He always impressed me when he played. Like Leo he never had much of a football career once he left the club.
Leo Cotterell on 17:53 - Nov 1 with 1929 viewsIllinoisblue

Remember Chris Keeble? Made his debut under Burley, struggled, never played for us again.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leo Cotterell on 18:48 - Nov 1 with 1868 viewswaveneyblue

Leo Cotterell on 17:33 - Nov 1 by ITFC_History

Around the Cotterell era we also had Lee Durant. He always impressed me when he played. Like Leo he never had much of a football career once he left the club.

Lee Durrant - think there might have been an itsy bitsy attitude issue there (actually I know there was, friend of the family and all that).

I can never get my head around throwing away a footie career - Not making it yes, but basically not being arsed ... really struggle with that.
Leo Cotterell on 18:51 - Nov 1 with 1862 viewsFenland_Blue

Paul Overton.

He is a top bloke, played a bit of cricket with him and he use to map his return route from an away trip via chip shops.

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

Login to get fewer ads

Leo Cotterell on 18:54 - Nov 1 with 1849 viewsgtsb1966

Leo Cotterell on 16:53 - Nov 1 by TrumptonBlue

Indeed, but there are plenty of players who have just played one game - what I find particularly curious about Cotterell is that he was heavily involved in that one week, with three appearances, two in the Premier League, but didn't even get to sit on the bench at any other time.

Talking about one game, nobody has come close to matching the one performance of John Jackson for us.
Leo Cotterell on 19:08 - Nov 1 with 1818 viewsSteve_M

Leo Cotterell on 17:53 - Nov 1 by Illinoisblue

Remember Chris Keeble? Made his debut under Burley, struggled, never played for us again.

He played in the same match as Jon Kennedy, Port Vale in the fog in late 1997. So no one would have seen much of either of them even if they were there.

Think Kennedy played a bit more than the once.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Leo Cotterell on 19:25 - Nov 1 with 1784 viewsParisBlue

Leo Cotterell on 19:08 - Nov 1 by Steve_M

He played in the same match as Jon Kennedy, Port Vale in the fog in late 1997. So no one would have seen much of either of them even if they were there.

He played a few after Taricco left. Then Fabian joined.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Leo Cotterell on 19:28 - Nov 1 with 1777 viewsParisBlue

Paul Overton.

Sean Friars. One sub appearance, but vital in getting games postponed due to international callups.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Leo Cotterell on 19:31 - Nov 1 with 1771 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Leo Cotterell on 18:48 - Nov 1 by waveneyblue

Lee Durrant - think there might have been an itsy bitsy attitude issue there (actually I know there was, friend of the family and all that).

I can never get my head around throwing away a footie career - Not making it yes, but basically not being arsed ... really struggle with that.

He and his brother were both on Town's books and both ended up at Lowestoft together didn't they?

I understand one saw red for standing up for the other on a number of occasions from things I was told.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Leo Cotterell on 20:13 - Nov 1 with 1649 viewsBluefields

Leo Cotterell on 19:31 - Nov 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

He and his brother were both on Town's books and both ended up at Lowestoft together didn't they?

I understand one saw red for standing up for the other on a number of occasions from things I was told.

I know them both and they were both excellent trainers, very passionate
Leo Cotterell on 20:13 - Nov 1 with 1643 viewsBluefields

Was a good DJ, loved a party
Leo Cotterell on 20:52 - Nov 1 with 1532 viewswaveneyblue

Leo Cotterell on 19:31 - Nov 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yeah, both ended up at Lowestoft. Lee had loads of talent
Leo Cotterell on 20:52 - Nov 1 with 1524 viewswaveneyblue

Leo Cotterell on 20:13 - Nov 1 by Bluefields

I know them both and they were both excellent trainers, very passionate

Maybe it was just towards the end there were issues.
Leo Cotterell on 22:40 - Nov 1 with 1433 viewsrgp1

Paul Overton.

Chris Neville played one game at West Brom under John Duncan is now head of performance for British speedway.
Leo Cotterell on 23:22 - Nov 1 with 1393 viewswkj

Tommy Oar was always an odd situation. Decent debut but took a bump on the bonnet and we never saw anything decent from him again - then he got home sick for Australia only to end up playing in Cyprus.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Leo Cotterell on 00:55 - Nov 2 with 1343 viewsboncho1977

Kevin Ellis - played 1 game for us. I might be wrong but i think it was Arsenal.

I played against Kevin as a youngster - he played for Feering Falcons.

I think he never played again to a knee injury
Leo Cotterell on 08:59 - Nov 2 with 1194 viewsWeWereZombies

Leo Cotterell on 19:08 - Nov 1 by Steve_M

I can remember seeing him play at Portman Road, afternoon game, can even remember I was sitting fairly high up in the Britannia towards the North but cannot remember who we were playing. Never have I seen a player look so nervous on the ball.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Leo Cotterell on 10:12 - Nov 2 with 1143 viewsRadlett_blue

Leo Cotterell on 18:54 - Nov 1 by gtsb1966

Talking about one game, nobody has come close to matching the one performance of John Jackson for us.

I'll see your John Jackson & raise you a Mike Pollitt.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024