Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... 20:02 - Nov 10 with 4743 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....not think they are a bit of a dick?
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/nov/10/apple-watch-series-7-review-b

"Sustainability
The Series 7 includes 100% recycled aluminium, 99% recycled tungsten and rare earth elements, and 100% recycled tin in the solder of its main chips. Apple offers trade-in and free recycling for devices..."

Let me let you into a secret...they are not sustainable!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 21:19 - Nov 12 with 626 viewsEwan_Oozami

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 09:39 - Nov 11 by Guthrum

Feel very much the same about wearing a wristwatch. Possibly as a result of them, or the straps, constantly breaking in my childhood.

Not really necessary any more, having effectively a fob watch (mobile phone) in my pocket anyway.

I wonder how Facters' John Harrison H4 (bought from new) is doing..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 21:19 - Nov 12 with 619 viewsOldboy

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 21:15 - Nov 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

That's the spirit!

Realist.
Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 22:39 - Nov 13 with 528 viewsChurchman

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 21:56 - Nov 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Now that's sustainable!

Although I have one of these on my wrist...
[Post edited 10 Nov 2021 21:58]

Awesome! I want one!

I do have a lot of watches from manual thorough to solar, nearly all pretty rubbish, but I like them. I’ve not owned a Smart watch though I may buy one one day. I do have one for golf distances but can’t read it without glasses, which I’m not going to faff with in the middle of a golf course! Total waste of money.
Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 09:29 - Nov 14 with 468 viewsStokieBlue

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 22:39 - Nov 13 by Churchman

Awesome! I want one!

I do have a lot of watches from manual thorough to solar, nearly all pretty rubbish, but I like them. I’ve not owned a Smart watch though I may buy one one day. I do have one for golf distances but can’t read it without glasses, which I’m not going to faff with in the middle of a golf course! Total waste of money.

Uppied - it's absolutely the most important thing, that you like and enjoy what you have.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 09:47 - Nov 14 with 450 viewsnodge_blue

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 10:27 - Nov 11 by blueconscience

My Square shaped Tag Heuer Monaco is fine, thanks.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2021 10:28]

Bet you wished it was circular though.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 10:04 - Nov 14 with 442 viewsGlasgowBlue

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 19:58 - Nov 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Let's see who gets 50 years out of their smart watch and it's network of satellites.

I wear my smart watch for day to day use. But I also have a Swiss made watch that I’ve had for over twenty years, and with regular servicing will last longer than I do.

It’s also doubled its value in that period. Not that I’d sell. My boy will get it when I pop my clogs.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 11:16 - Nov 14 with 417 viewssolomon

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 10:04 - Nov 14 by GlasgowBlue

I wear my smart watch for day to day use. But I also have a Swiss made watch that I’ve had for over twenty years, and with regular servicing will last longer than I do.

It’s also doubled its value in that period. Not that I’d sell. My boy will get it when I pop my clogs.

Is the servicing actually worth it? I have 2 nice automatic watches and haven’t had either serviced in their lifetime, was it expensive?
Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 12:52 - Nov 14 with 404 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 11:16 - Nov 14 by solomon

Is the servicing actually worth it? I have 2 nice automatic watches and haven’t had either serviced in their lifetime, was it expensive?

I am going to say 100% not.

My watch was never the same since a service at Watches of Switzerland. I presume (and should really know) - if they service onprem or send of to the manufacture. I suspect the latter.

Perhaps its just my imagination but it does not seem to keep time as well as it did.
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 10:15 - Nov 15 with 339 viewssolomon

Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 12:52 - Nov 14 by BlueBlueBluex2

I am going to say 100% not.

My watch was never the same since a service at Watches of Switzerland. I presume (and should really know) - if they service onprem or send of to the manufacture. I suspect the latter.

Perhaps its just my imagination but it does not seem to keep time as well as it did.

I’ve heard something similar to be fair, I’m also conscious the costs for servicing can be a tad eye watering.
Does anyone wear a smart watch and.... on 12:07 - Nov 15 with 325 viewsblue62

I've had an Apple watch for a few years for fitness tracking, it does get a bit addictive making sure you get the three little rings closed every day.

It does tell the time, read and send texts, and answer calls (but you do look a bit of a dick doing that).

Sustainable..... are any watches?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024