Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woman's. Football 15:58 - Nov 13 with 4883 viewsBramidan

OK, tin hat on!
Is anybody interested? Apart from a small minority of the 50%?
Be fair it's slow and sh..te
Woman's. Football on 18:07 - Nov 13 with 899 viewsRyorry

Woman's. Football on 16:55 - Nov 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

They are now a professional team in a primarily amateur league.

I hope they get promoted, as it won't do them any good staying in their current league.

They can only beat what's put in front of them etc.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Woman's. Football on 18:09 - Nov 13 with 876 viewsfooters

Woman's. Football on 18:05 - Nov 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I derived it from what you wrote. As I stated:

You said: "Is anybody interested? Apart from a small minority of the 50%?"

Please explain what that means if it doesn't mean "it was a small minority of those eligible to play who must be interested".

What is the 50% you are referring to (you seem to imply in another reply it is women)? Since women are the people who are eligible to play that is how I derived it. All you need to do is explain what your comment means if it doesn't mean what it appears to say.

In short, there are two exceptions I have to your OP.

1 You took the trouble to tell us you are not interested in women's football. Since you have no interest in it, why bother telling us and why bother watching it too?

2 You then extrapolate your opinion to decide that the vast majority of "the 50%" (whoever they are) must agree with you. Why must they agree? Perhaps they do. Perhaps you have done some analysis of female football fans and how many watch men's football and how many watch women's and enjoy it. But it smacks of you deciding their opinions for them over something you have no interest in anyway!

Happy to help!

'Old man on internet confused people don't agree with his views'

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Woman's. Football on 18:13 - Nov 13 with 881 viewsBramidan

Woman's. Football on 18:05 - Nov 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I derived it from what you wrote. As I stated:

You said: "Is anybody interested? Apart from a small minority of the 50%?"

Please explain what that means if it doesn't mean "it was a small minority of those eligible to play who must be interested".

What is the 50% you are referring to (you seem to imply in another reply it is women)? Since women are the people who are eligible to play that is how I derived it. All you need to do is explain what your comment means if it doesn't mean what it appears to say.

In short, there are two exceptions I have to your OP.

1 You took the trouble to tell us you are not interested in women's football. Since you have no interest in it, why bother telling us and why bother watching it too?

2 You then extrapolate your opinion to decide that the vast majority of "the 50%" (whoever they are) must agree with you. Why must they agree? Perhaps they do. Perhaps you have done some analysis of female football fans and how many watch men's football and how many watch women's and enjoy it. But it smacks of you deciding their opinions for them over something you have no interest in anyway!

Happy to help!

Thank you so much for your extensive reply.
Much appreciated.
How are the viewing figures going?
Woman's. Football on 18:14 - Nov 13 with 880 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Even with mens football I really only care about Ipswich and England so I'd say I am interested is women's football as I am in men's.

Tractor girls doing well, love to see it

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Woman's. Football on 18:17 - Nov 13 with 877 viewsXYZ

Woman's. Football on 18:13 - Nov 13 by Bramidan

Much appreciated.

Looks like a troll; smells like a troll; ...
Woman's. Football on 18:17 - Nov 13 with 869 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Woman's. Football on 18:09 - Nov 13 by footers

'Old man on internet confused people don't agree with his views'

To be fair on him I think if he had posted "I have just watched some women's football. It was dire - very slow and not exciting at all. Are all women's matches like that? Does anyone on here watch it regularly and find it fun?" I would have had no issue. It was more the foregone conclusions in the way he phrased it that irked me.

I reckon what I have written here is closer to what he actually meant. Just carelessly got carried away with how he phrased it, I think.

If he is genuinely interested in canvassing opinions on the women's game, then my own are that what little I have watched has been decent. It is different from men's football but so are most women's sports to the men's versions. I am increasingly taking an interest in results and that means I will probably take more interest in watching it too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Woman's. Football on 18:19 - Nov 13 with 846 viewsfooters

Woman's. Football on 18:17 - Nov 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair on him I think if he had posted "I have just watched some women's football. It was dire - very slow and not exciting at all. Are all women's matches like that? Does anyone on here watch it regularly and find it fun?" I would have had no issue. It was more the foregone conclusions in the way he phrased it that irked me.

I reckon what I have written here is closer to what he actually meant. Just carelessly got carried away with how he phrased it, I think.

If he is genuinely interested in canvassing opinions on the women's game, then my own are that what little I have watched has been decent. It is different from men's football but so are most women's sports to the men's versions. I am increasingly taking an interest in results and that means I will probably take more interest in watching it too.

At present, us Ipswich fans are in no place to comment about the quality of football at any level!

Woman's. Football on 18:20 - Nov 13 with 855 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Woman's. Football on 18:13 - Nov 13 by Bramidan

Much appreciated.

You tell me. I have no idea.

When did Sky or the BBC last show a top women's match at prime viewing time?

I do look forward to a thorough analysis of the figures (including from the US). You do seem to be taking a lot of time on this for someone with no interest in it, mind.

Login to get fewer ads

Woman's. Football on 18:25 - Nov 13 with 832 viewsOldboy

Millions who watch it around the world every week would disagree with you.
Woman's. Football on 18:30 - Nov 13 with 821 viewsBramidan

Woman's. Football on 18:20 - Nov 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

You tell me. I have no idea.

When did Sky or the BBC last show a top women's match at prime viewing time?

I do look forward to a thorough analysis of the figures (including from the US). You do seem to be taking a lot of time on this for someone with no interest in it, mind.

I wonder why Sky or BBC haven't showed a top woman's match on prime viewing time ?
Perhaps they have figured ( not that they know anything about viewing figures or advertisement revevues ) that very few of their viewers are interested.
Woman's. Football on 18:34 - Nov 13 with 810 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Woman's. Football on 18:30 - Nov 13 by Bramidan

I wonder why Sky or BBC haven't showed a top woman's match on prime viewing time ?
Perhaps they have figured ( not that they know anything about viewing figures or advertisement revevues ) that very few of their viewers are interested.

Or maybe they invested a lot of money in promoting men's football and are not looking for another product to promote?

I am enjoying your continued interest in the women's game. I reckon you have posted a much higher percentage of posts about it than you have the men's today!

You have certainly increased my interest in it too. I am sure Sky will be looking to increase coverage and I am sure you will be pleased judging by your clearly growing interest.

Woman's. Football on 18:37 - Nov 13 with 800 viewsbrazil1982

After the FA effectively fast tracked Man City into the top tier (they weren't promoted) in place of Doncaster, I cant support it, although great to see Ipswich doing well.
International weekend used to be promoted as a non league day but that's been drowned out by the WSL. Non league needs the funding far more than the WSL.
Woman's. Football on 18:38 - Nov 13 with 787 viewsfooters

Woman's. Football on 18:30 - Nov 13 by Bramidan

Take a look at boxing. Most of the bigger cards now have at least one women's fight on them. They are just as every bit as entertaining (or not as the case may be) as the men's fights. You always have to start somewhere. And 10 years ago a women's fight would be laughed at for being on a main event card.

To be honest you're coming across as a bit odd with this obsession over something you apparently don't care about. You don't like it? OK, don't watch it.

Woman's. Football on 18:40 - Nov 13 with 792 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Woman's. Football on 18:38 - Nov 13 by footers

Take a look at boxing. Most of the bigger cards now have at least one women's fight on them. They are just as every bit as entertaining (or not as the case may be) as the men's fights. You always have to start somewhere. And 10 years ago a women's fight would be laughed at for being on a main event card.

To be honest you're coming across as a bit odd with this obsession over something you apparently don't care about. You don't like it? OK, don't watch it.

No one is interested in boxing. Look at the viewing figures and Sky do not show it on prime time for free. If anyone was interested they would.

I reckon only a very small minority of the 25% are interested.

Woman's. Football on 18:41 - Nov 13 with 791 viewsBramidan

Woman's. Football on 18:34 - Nov 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Or maybe they invested a lot of money in promoting men's football and are not looking for another product to promote?

I am enjoying your continued interest in the women's game. I reckon you have posted a much higher percentage of posts about it than you have the men's today!

You have certainly increased my interest in it too. I am sure Sky will be looking to increase coverage and I am sure you will be pleased judging by your clearly growing interest.

I really love a conspiracy theory!
Glad to have stimulated a debate.
Woman's. Football on 18:45 - Nov 13 with 787 viewsRyorry

Woman's. Football on 18:37 - Nov 13 by brazil1982

After the FA effectively fast tracked Man City into the top tier (they weren't promoted) in place of Doncaster, I cant support it, although great to see Ipswich doing well.
International weekend used to be promoted as a non league day but that's been drowned out by the WSL. Non league needs the funding far more than the WSL.

Completely understand your pov there.

Seriously annoying that Radio5live couldn't be bothered to report any live scores from the EFL between 3-5pm today; even the ht & ft scores were 10 mins & 15 mins late respectively. Wouldn't have minded their Spurs v Arse womens' full game comm + extensive (10+ mins) post match chat, but to let that completely push out EFL scores was just downright disrespectful to the mens' lower leagues.

Woman's. Football on 18:45 - Nov 13 with 786 viewsPinewoodblue

Woman's. Football on 18:17 - Nov 13 by XYZ

Looks like a troll; smells like a troll; ...

But you have to love a fool who defends his own foolishness.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Woman's. Football on 18:45 - Nov 13 with 782 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Woman's. Football on 18:41 - Nov 13 by Bramidan

I really love a conspiracy theory!
Glad to have stimulated a debate.

I am sure you do. However, there is no conspiracy theory there.

Of course there are cultural reasons why Sky based itself in England and chose men's football as its main product. That doesn't mean there are not many far better sports to watch. Hockey for one and that (culturally) is the men's, women's and mixed games.

Woman's. Football on 18:59 - Nov 13 with 746 viewsRyorry

To answr your OP seriously -

I'm female, mainly interested in ITFC, England & a local non-league side, not able to go to any live football at all since Covid became a thing.

Whilst I can get into & am happy to watch most competitive games, whether m or f, the key factor for me is nothing to do with the skill levels, but all about the atmosphere - and that goes for all sport - which I pretty much completely stopped being interested in (apart from ITFC's results) when crowds were kept out because of Covid. By extension, I find I'm less interested in womens' football because crowds are so low, therefore there's not so much atmos.

That's changing tho, and I've seen one or two games on TV where decent numbers were there for the women (can't recall exactly, but must have been internationals) - so, the more media attention, the more people go to watch, the better the atmos & then more people watch- snowball effect.

So you know what to do next if you're lucky enough to be able to go & watch ...

Woman's. Football on 19:09 - Nov 13 with 734 viewsBramidan

Woman's. Football on 18:45 - Nov 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am sure you do. However, there is no conspiracy theory there.

Of course there are cultural reasons why Sky based itself in England and chose men's football as its main product. That doesn't mean there are not many far better sports to watch. Hockey for one and that (culturally) is the men's, women's and mixed games.

I once told "never ask a question if you don't know the answer" but here goes.
What are the spectator figures for ladies football?
I'll confess I've only ever watched about 5 minutes, please tell me how many games, who have commented on this forum have attended.
Woman's. Football on 19:12 - Nov 13 with 721 viewsDanTheMan

Woman's. Football on 19:09 - Nov 13 by Bramidan

I'll confess I've only ever watched about 5 minutes, please tell me how many games, who have commented on this forum have attended.

You watched 5 minutes of something and have decided not only is it "slow and sh..te" but it actually made you annoyed enough to make a thread about it?

Bit weird.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Woman's. Football on 19:14 - Nov 13 with 715 viewsRyorry

Woman's. Football on 19:09 - Nov 13 by Bramidan

It's womens' football, not "ladies".

Woman's. Football on 19:19 - Nov 13 with 704 viewswkj

Women's sport is always going to play a different way to men's sport - it's just the way we work - but Women's football is so much better to watch now things are getting organised and properly invested in by clubs.

from 2000 - The commentary, the crowd, the quality of the game. (1997) - I know it's Richard Keys and Andy Grey, but their attitude in this video is WAY worse than what they were ousted for.

Fast forward to 2019 when Man City took on Everton in the final
The quality of the football, commentary and tactics have improved tremendously.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Woman's. Football on 19:19 - Nov 13 with 703 viewsBramidan

Woman's. Football on 19:12 - Nov 13 by DanTheMan

You watched 5 minutes of something and have decided not only is it "slow and sh..te" but it actually made you annoyed enough to make a thread about it?

Bit weird.

Annoyed?? I don't think so, it was just an observation.
Sorry.
Woman's. Football on 19:22 - Nov 13 with 696 viewsBramidan

Woman's. Football on 19:14 - Nov 13 by Ryorry

It's womens' football, not "ladies".

Thank you so much for taking the time for your post.
I stand corrected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024