Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" 10:06 - Nov 23 with 2101 viewsunstableblue

This is a club mired in underachievement, of not RUNNING TOWARDS ADVERSITY, of choking in front of Sky, or the big game, or the big crowd: a decade of under performance, under entertainment, under guile, under energy, turning off fans, sinking down the leagues...

The rot has to stop at some point, we have to turn that corner, there is huge optimism in the fan base, the fans have seen improved performance and feel the energy from the investment

We've seen improvement this season -
Its quite simple... by unstableblue 23 Nov 2021 9:23
Portsmouth W - 4-0; a great Town performance in the second half. Blew a promotion rival away - look streets ahead

Fleetwood W 2-1; despite an equaliser heads did not drop, lots of positives, first back to back wins

Plymouth L 1-2; I didn't go to the game, so cannot comment on or progress and development in this game. I understand we were strong at times, but a loss

Wycombe W - 4-1; probably the best Town performance I can remember in years, a STRONG opposition, but we slowly dominated the midfield, and attacking with pace and dynamism that we have all craved, beat a FORM team, a promotion - you HAD to be there physically

Oxford D - 0-0; we weathered an early storm against a well drilled and good Oxford promotion rival, without real issue again, then completely took over the match, but Oxford went full dark arts to stop our rythm and it worked

Sunderland L - 0-2; you had to be there, as strong and dominant performance away from home as I can remember 2 crystal clear cut chances for celina which would have won it, a Walton howler and we lose

So WWLWDL - and WLWDL against promotion rivals

Not good enough for play-offs in my mind... but key injuries and enough signs in those displays to suggest we can remain in the mix, we looked significantly better than Sunderland, Pompey, Wycombe, and in part Oxford.

Tonight we'll see how we really stack up against THE best team in the league. It will add to the assessment you can make of the games above.

If we come into January still in sight of the play-offs (6/7 points), I think we've got a great chance.... cut adrift and I'd join the chorus of concern. But I go from what I see on the pitch and what is still possible in the table.

COYFB!

- in recent games..

But despite visible improvement, talk is cheap, points and performances make an inflection point in form.... THE TIME IS NOW, THE TIME IS TONIGHT, ON SUNDAY AND AT THE VALLEY

We KNOW, unlike other false dawns that we CAN DO IT, COOK CAN DO IT... for those at Wycombe on that night (not on iFollow, or via highlights), you saw with the naked eye the raw energy and power of that display, you saw the switching of play, the intricate passing, the solidity of the defence.. you saw how it affected the fans

But now it needs to turn into consistency and a RUN, points, keep in touch with the play-offs over December and we are in with a great chance Jan/Feb.. but we cannot fall away

Tonight we face the best team in the league, the 4W2D +12 goals form, UNBEATEN IN 17 MATCHES... flying.. strong, direct, but passing with movement and pace... a team gelled over seasons.. fit, ready. THE TIME IS NOW to show our intent, TIME TO STRIKE...

COYFB... lets get PR rocking and lets get a performance and points.. no more "we'll turn it round in the next game"; this is how you win a game (and we need to be STRONGEST in all categories tonight):

1. Have the better quality players, in a cohesive unit with developed partnerships
2. Have a greater energy and desire than the opposition
3. Have the better technical set-up, tactics and system of play

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 13:33 - Nov 23 with 393 viewsTJS

I'm trying to assess our progress at 10 game intervals this season in order to avoid being too knee-jerk about single bad results.
I had us down for 14 points from the first 10 to allow for 'gelling' but we only took 10 so that was a fail.
My target for the next 10 was a minimum of 16 points .
We currently have 14 from 8 so that is still achievable in the next 2 games.
Even if we win both and get 20 I am not counting that as 'bonus' points against the next 10.
Absolute minimum from them for me would also be 16 points and preferably 18.
As alluded to in the OP we simply cannot continue to drift along for whole sections of seasons and wonder why we never get anywhere.
Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 13:37 - Nov 23 with 387 viewsArnieM

We are work-in-progress, so essentially all of us just need to suck it up this season!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 13:43 - Nov 23 with 366 viewstimothyeo

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 13:37 - Nov 23 by ArnieM

We are work-in-progress, so essentially all of us just need to suck it up this season!

Nah. We have the best squad in the league and the fact we're already discussing the possibility of not being in the play offs is a failure to date.
Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 13:55 - Nov 23 with 350 viewsTJS

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 13:43 - Nov 23 by timothyeo

Nah. We have the best squad in the league and the fact we're already discussing the possibility of not being in the play offs is a failure to date.

As the "Written Off Seasons" counter ticks over to yet another digit.
Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 14:04 - Nov 23 with 340 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 13:37 - Nov 23 by ArnieM

Another free hit?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 14:30 - Nov 23 with 319 viewspennblue

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 12:56 - Nov 23 by Pinewoodblue

We need to be less predictable not sure PC knows the answer. His recent comment that we are consistently inconsistent is nothing less than admission of failure on his part.

I expect Paul Cook would say our inconsistency is due to the fact that he has not 'yet' got a team of 11 players he can rely on to perform their jobs properly, week in, week out. He will achieve that consistency, partially through work on the training pitch, and partially through replacing individuals who fail to reach the desired level.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 14:32 - Nov 23 with 317 viewsFunge

Atrocious attitude.
Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 16:33 - Nov 23 with 261 viewsMullet

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:09 - Nov 23 by BlueBadger

So basically, we should have better players, a better manager and try harder?

It's worse than when Call Me Dave tried to coopt the Smiths frankly and far more offensive.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 21:49 - Nov 23 with 213 viewsCokeIsKey

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:13 - Nov 23 by CokeIsKey

Already put £50 on Rotherham winning, I'll be supporting us but it's so obvious we're going to get battered.

£75 in the bank, probably the easiest money I’ve made.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024