Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong 08:52 - Nov 27 with 3120 viewshomer_123

"Clearly we're in different times now," Vaughan said.

"That was three years ago - that's how much times have moved on in the three years."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59432187

And he states he never said anything racist....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 12:43 - Nov 27 with 926 viewsgordon

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 12:29 - Nov 27 by ElderGrizzly

Whoever advised him that this was his approach to an apology needs to be fired you’d suggest.

There is enough in his public tweets to make you believe he did do what he has been accused of, no matter how much it is wrapped up in ‘bantz’ type excuses

If he's offended anyone with his apology, then of course he apologises for that offence, because it isn't his intention to cause anyone anymore offence, indeed he definitely doesn't want to cause any more offence that could in any way interfere with his media work, and he apologises if anyone finds that a bit risible.
No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 13:01 - Nov 27 with 896 viewsleitrimblue

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 09:24 - Nov 27 by chicoazul

To your specific bit; he’s not wrong though is he. The world seems to me, as a comfy middle class white guy, typical TWTD in fact, to have changed an enormous amount in the last few years in terms of us whiteys realising what harm directly and indirectly we have done and do to our fellow man. This is a good thing. It’s good that people like me have to struggle with and confront our language and prejudices and unconscious biases. I think Vaughan is a prick and I have for a long time but I think he is right specifically about how the world has changed.
Of course the real problem in this country, the ultimate barrier to change and discourse and progress, is public schoolboys. Wherever they are found be it sport the City politics the arts or the institutions they bring with them their back scratching born to rule Daddy knows best idiotic ways.

Don't think it's as simple as public schoolboys. ( Though I would ban um all) Thinks it's worse with yer elite schools like Eating and Harrow etc. There deliberately grooming these kids to believe they are superior an born to lead the plebs whatever there IQ
No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 15:12 - Nov 27 with 808 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 13:01 - Nov 27 by leitrimblue

Don't think it's as simple as public schoolboys. ( Though I would ban um all) Thinks it's worse with yer elite schools like Eating and Harrow etc. There deliberately grooming these kids to believe they are superior an born to lead the plebs whatever there IQ

To be fair, I have known that sort of "grooming" at a much lesser (local) private school too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 15:40 - Nov 27 with 772 viewschicoazul

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 12:17 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

In 3 years? I disagree.

You may be right of course. Speaking for myself three years or so feels about right.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 16:16 - Nov 27 with 706 viewsDurovigutum

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 09:49 - Nov 27 by J2BLUE

Are you offended by it?

Please, someone, explain to me how the N and P words are not racist when a member of the minority uses it against another in their minority, but it is when another ethnic group uses it.
No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 16:24 - Nov 27 with 695 viewsHerbivore

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 16:16 - Nov 27 by Durovigutum

Please, someone, explain to me how the N and P words are not racist when a member of the minority uses it against another in their minority, but it is when another ethnic group uses it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 16:36 - Nov 27 with 681 viewschicoazul

Those words have become owned if you like, by the minorities you refer to. Like the F word for gay men.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 16:47 - Nov 27 with 662 viewsKropotkin123

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 16:59 - Nov 27 with 651 viewskeighleyblue

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 09:43 - Nov 27 by Felstow1978

So "whiteys" isn't a racist term, then?

moronic comment
No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 20:02 - Nov 27 with 567 viewsvapour_trail

How can you get this far through life and be this uneducated.

You need to take some responsibility for where you’re at.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 20:06 - Nov 27 with 559 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 20:02 - Nov 27 by vapour_trail

How can you get this far through life and be this uneducated.

You need to take some responsibility for where you’re at.

Although I understand the reasoning behind them taking ownership of the names (and realise it is far from all of any ethnic group that do so), I am uncomfortable with it. Not my place to say what is acceptable.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 20:11 - Nov 27 with 553 viewsHerbivore

No Micheal Vaughan...you are wholly wrong on 20:06 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Although I understand the reasoning behind them taking ownership of the names (and realise it is far from all of any ethnic group that do so), I am uncomfortable with it. Not my place to say what is acceptable.

There are plenty of Black people who also don't like it and would rather the N word is not used between Black people either, but as you say that's not really for us honkies to judge. That's a conversation for the Black community to have. There's similar debates around the use of the word 'queer' in the gay community. It should, however, be easy to understand why it is different for those words to be used within those communities rather than being used against those communities by straight, white folk.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024