Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game 23:33 - Nov 28 with 937 viewsIpswich24

The amount of times we just hoof it upfield, even Walton was doing it when he could roll the ball out and start the attack, thought our midfield like at so many times this season was non existent. We are so easy to play through its very poor.

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 23:39 - Nov 28 with 907 viewsAlanG296

People talk about Cook not having a plan B, but as the only going forward rather than sideways or backwards bit of his Plan A is the hoof to Bonne, he will be will be stuffed if QPR call Bonne back. Cook's too pig headed to start a game with Pigott.
I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 06:29 - Nov 29 with 790 viewsBobbychase

Like the hoof from the back that Celina controlled and chipped in for goal of the season you mean?

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 06:35 - Nov 29 with 785 viewsPrideOfTheEast

We have a really poor shape. We make it so easy to pass through us, especially at home. Same old players standing off constantly too - it’s as boring as it is frustrating.

Not too bothered if we’re hoofing it to be honest as we should have better forward players and, at this level, so many of those hoofs become chances if you win the first ball.
I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 08:12 - Nov 29 with 714 viewsSwansea_Blue

I honestly don't see what sort of game we're trying to play, beyond let's see what our better players can do.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 08:19 - Nov 29 with 704 viewsHerbivore

I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 08:12 - Nov 29 by Swansea_Blue

I honestly don't see what sort of game we're trying to play, beyond let's see what our better players can do.

This is precisely it. We don't really have a style of play or any discernable patterns of play either. Crewe looked a far more cohesive team going forward and you could see they had a clear style of play, just no quality in the final third. We have all the quality and no identity. It seems we are wholly reliant on getting the ball to our talented attacking players and seeing if they can produce something out of nothing. Without two moment of real quality from Aluko and Celina yesterday we'd have drawn another blank. We saw under Lambert that it's not really a sustainable to keep relying on that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 08:25 - Nov 29 with 695 viewswkj

Against a defensive formation with 5 at the back, it is inevitable you need to play a bit more direct to catch the back line out. Im not against 'hoof ball' if it is what is needed for particular game or passage of play. When its the bulk of what you see week-in-week-out, that's when it gets jarring.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 08:32 - Nov 29 with 675 viewsSwansea_Blue

I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 08:19 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

This is precisely it. We don't really have a style of play or any discernable patterns of play either. Crewe looked a far more cohesive team going forward and you could see they had a clear style of play, just no quality in the final third. We have all the quality and no identity. It seems we are wholly reliant on getting the ball to our talented attacking players and seeing if they can produce something out of nothing. Without two moment of real quality from Aluko and Celina yesterday we'd have drawn another blank. We saw under Lambert that it's not really a sustainable to keep relying on that.

Yep, I could see what Crewe we’re trying to do and their players knew it too. I’m not calling for Cooked to be sacked, but it is a worry. I thought his teams were supposed to have an identity.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 08:34 - Nov 29 with 671 viewsitfcjoe

I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 08:12 - Nov 29 by Swansea_Blue

This is it. It's really just a case of hope the front 4 are able to do something by being too good for this level - that worked yesterday, it hasn't in the 3 games previous.

It feels like about this time last year, and the year before, where other teams have started to find their style and way of playing and begin to overtake us as performances struggle. The difference is in previous seasons we'd given ourselves a head start.

Why aren't we able to look like a team that is at the very least the sum of it's parts?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 08:35 - Nov 29 with 667 viewsHerbivore

I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 08:32 - Nov 29 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, I could see what Crewe we’re trying to do and their players knew it too. I’m not calling for Cooked to be sacked, but it is a worry. I thought his teams were supposed to have an identity.

People seem to love his post match interviews but the gist of them as far as I can see is that the players need to be better and show more consistency. I don't see a lot of dissecting things from a tactical point of view, it's all about the players playing better. We really do lack an identity as a side and it feels like whichever combination of players we put out we still look like strangers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 08:37 - Nov 29 with 665 viewsblueboyd

I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 08:34 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

This is it. It's really just a case of hope the front 4 are able to do something by being too good for this level - that worked yesterday, it hasn't in the 3 games previous.

It feels like about this time last year, and the year before, where other teams have started to find their style and way of playing and begin to overtake us as performances struggle. The difference is in previous seasons we'd given ourselves a head start.

Why aren't we able to look like a team that is at the very least the sum of it's parts?

Manager not being good enough and assembling a good team of coaches around him is part of the problem.

Jeffers and Roberts have zero first team experience and it is evident as hell.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 8:38]
I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 08:43 - Nov 29 with 636 viewsJDB23

I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 08:19 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

I think we actually had more patterns of play in the opening few games than we do now. At least then you could see our intent of using full backs high up the pitch and the CMs pinging it out to them at every opportunity. With Donacien and Clements in the team that is no longer an option and so now we just look very lost.
I thought we were supposed to be playing a passing game on 09:05 - Nov 29 with 576 viewstownblue

At this level I'd honestly prefer it we stuck two up top and played direct. It's league one, I'm not bothered about playing nice football, just want to win enough games to get out of the league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024