Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not vaccinated? Read this ... 11:13 - Nov 30 with 1983 viewsXYZ

RIP ripped John.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/nov/30/life-tragic-death-john-eyers-fit
Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 11:39 - Nov 30 with 1838 viewsSteve_M

Utterly tragic and so bloody pointless.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 11:49 - Nov 30 with 1831 viewsIllinoisblue

Very sad. And interesting that someone who was a bodybuilder and no doubt pumped his body full of supplements etc wouldn’t trust a vaccine.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 12:41 - Nov 30 with 1672 viewsElderGrizzly

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 11:49 - Nov 30 by Illinoisblue

Very sad. And interesting that someone who was a bodybuilder and no doubt pumped his body full of supplements etc wouldn’t trust a vaccine.

"etc" is probably key there too.

Some are just too far gone down the conspiracy rabbit hole to reason with and this looks like another case of that
Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 13:30 - Nov 30 with 1548 viewsRyorry

Thank you so much for posting that. Tragic indeed, but I hope John's story will help others make a better deceision and thereby survive rather than die.

I'll be sending the article to my friend in her 70s who's so terribly health-conscious that she refuses to get the Covid vaccs because she thinks her own immune system will be sufficient to cope ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 13:43 - Nov 30 with 1496 viewssolemio

Somebody on there saying it was tragic. Far more tragic if someone who refuses the jabs passes Covid on to somebody else.
Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 13:51 - Nov 30 with 1459 viewsFixed_It

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 13:43 - Nov 30 by solemio

Somebody on there saying it was tragic. Far more tragic if someone who refuses the jabs passes Covid on to somebody else.

Any loss of life is tragic. The fact that this individual had been influenced by misinformation on social media to make the wrong choice which ultimately cost him his life is also tragic.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 14:19 - Nov 30 with 1385 viewsMeadowlark

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 13:30 - Nov 30 by Ryorry

Thank you so much for posting that. Tragic indeed, but I hope John's story will help others make a better deceision and thereby survive rather than die.

I'll be sending the article to my friend in her 70s who's so terribly health-conscious that she refuses to get the Covid vaccs because she thinks her own immune system will be sufficient to cope ...

I have forwarded it to my pal who tells me the vaccine is experimental and a huge gamble. I know his answer will be that this is not a true story, but he will continue to send me nonsense proaganda from his own "reliable" sources, detailing vaccine deaths etc,
Yesterday he sent me a tweet in all seriousness from a Dr Medalias Diputserauoy. Read his name backwards!
Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 17:54 - Nov 30 with 1171 viewsRyorry

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 14:19 - Nov 30 by Meadowlark

I have forwarded it to my pal who tells me the vaccine is experimental and a huge gamble. I know his answer will be that this is not a true story, but he will continue to send me nonsense proaganda from his own "reliable" sources, detailing vaccine deaths etc,
Yesterday he sent me a tweet in all seriousness from a Dr Medalias Diputserauoy. Read his name backwards!

!
Completely by coincidence, the other anti-vaxxer in our friendship group of 4 phoned shortly after I posted that, she'd read the Gruadian article above & we were able to have quite a decent, unheated chat about it.

Has been quite a while since we last spoke & she seems to have moved to somewhat less of an anti-vaxx stance now, but still cited a friend of her family "at the top of the NHS" who allegedly was v. sceptical re Covid vaccs. I pointed out that an outlier like that "top person" simply does not constitute a balance against the sheer weight & volume of the far bigger body of medics & scientists who are not sceptical, not to mention the 46 million double-jabbed-without-a-problem UK residents. That nugget did seem to land a blow with her, so here's hoping!

Login to get fewer ads

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 18:19 - Nov 30 with 1111 viewshype313

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 14:19 - Nov 30 by Meadowlark

Life is so easy now, no need ever to go to University or Med School, just surf the internet and especially Social Media and choose from a delicious menu of articles that fit in with your own confirmation bias and bingo you are the new ‘expert’ free to promote and spread your newly found expertise anywhere they will allow

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 18:34 - Nov 30 with 1077 viewsXYZ

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 17:54 - Nov 30 by Ryorry

!
Completely by coincidence, the other anti-vaxxer in our friendship group of 4 phoned shortly after I posted that, she'd read the Gruadian article above & we were able to have quite a decent, unheated chat about it.

Has been quite a while since we last spoke & she seems to have moved to somewhat less of an anti-vaxx stance now, but still cited a friend of her family "at the top of the NHS" who allegedly was v. sceptical re Covid vaccs. I pointed out that an outlier like that "top person" simply does not constitute a balance against the sheer weight & volume of the far bigger body of medics & scientists who are not sceptical, not to mention the 46 million double-jabbed-without-a-problem UK residents. That nugget did seem to land a blow with her, so here's hoping!

Well, that's some positive news on another depressing day ...
Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 18:54 - Nov 30 with 1045 viewsStokieBlue

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 17:54 - Nov 30 by Ryorry

!

You should point out that "being at the top of the NHS" doesn't mean you are an expert in virology or epidemiology. They could just as easily be a anaesthetist, nurse or MD.

It seems to be happening more and more than someone who has some form of medical qualification is automatically an expert in pandemics and virology and it's simply not true in many cases.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 19:07 - Nov 30 with 988 viewsDarth_Koont

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 18:19 - Nov 30 by hype313

Life is so easy now, no need ever to go to University or Med School, just surf the internet and especially Social Media and choose from a delicious menu of articles that fit in with your own confirmation bias and bingo you are the new ‘expert’ free to promote and spread your newly found expertise anywhere they will allow

It’s surely only a matter of time before these millions of Internet researchers crack the Covid problem once and for all.

As much as anything so that all those virologists, epidemiologists and vaccine researchers can stop wasting everyone’s time with all their narrow and highly detailed knowledge.

It’s their scientific training and rigour that is holding them back. @jimmythec0ck69 and friends are the only ones who can really see the big picture stuff.

Pronouns: He/Him

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 19:09 - Nov 30 with 966 viewsDarth_Koont

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 18:54 - Nov 30 by StokieBlue

You should point out that "being at the top of the NHS" doesn't mean you are an expert in virology or epidemiology. They could just as easily be a anaesthetist, nurse or MD.

It seems to be happening more and more than someone who has some form of medical qualification is automatically an expert in pandemics and virology and it's simply not true in many cases.

SB

Indeed.

Or a manager, in which case a complete disregard for clinical evidence can sometimes be seen as an asset.

Pronouns: He/Him

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 19:12 - Nov 30 with 956 viewsRyorry

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 18:54 - Nov 30 by StokieBlue

SB

I think I might have said that obliquely, but will make it more clearly if we speak again soon.

Also pointed out the real live experience of people like Badger on here + several I follow on twitter who are working in ICUs & who report that the overwhelming majority in there are unvaxxed - & tragically asking, too late, if they can get the jabs.

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 20:00 - Nov 30 with 863 viewsnorth_stand77

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 19:12 - Nov 30 by Ryorry

I think I might have said that obliquely, but will make it more clearly if we speak again soon.

Also pointed out the real live experience of people like Badger on here + several I follow on twitter who are working in ICUs & who report that the overwhelming majority in there are unvaxxed - & tragically asking, too late, if they can get the jabs.

I was disappointed to learn the other day that a 'very intelligent' couple in one of our friendship groups had not had any vaccinations at all even though she works privately in the health care sector, where she interacts close up with patients. Makes you wonder if she would still have paying clients if they knew she wasn't vaccinated.

It's a shame but because of my recent health diagnosis I now don't feel its sensible to spend time with them. I just can't work out why they wouldn't have the vaccine.
Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 20:12 - Nov 30 with 833 viewsRyorry

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 20:00 - Nov 30 by north_stand77

I was disappointed to learn the other day that a 'very intelligent' couple in one of our friendship groups had not had any vaccinations at all even though she works privately in the health care sector, where she interacts close up with patients. Makes you wonder if she would still have paying clients if they knew she wasn't vaccinated.

It's a shame but because of my recent health diagnosis I now don't feel its sensible to spend time with them. I just can't work out why they wouldn't have the vaccine.

Quite.

So sorry about your recent diagnosis, very tough. Please feel free to PM at any time, I'm often up in middle of the night.

Get vaccinated! Read this ... on 20:12 - Nov 30 with 832 viewsElderGrizzly

Israel’s health minister has suggested that individuals fully vaccinated against Covid — and within six months of a booster — may also be protected against the Omicron variant.

Nitzan Horowitz was speaking on Tuesday after another two cases of individuals infected with the variant were identified in Israel bringing the country’s total to four.

Without citing any data, Horowitz told local reporters:

In the coming days we will have more accurate information about the efficacy of the vaccine against Omicron - but there is already room for optimism, and there are initial indications that those who are vaccinated with a vaccine still valid or with a booster, will also be protected from this variant.

Horowitz’s comments came after Israel head of Public Health Services, Dr Sharon Alroy-Preis, said that the first data about the efficacy of the coronavirus vaccines against the Omicron would be available during the course of the day.
Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 20:13 - Nov 30 with 822 viewsnorth_stand77

Not vaccinated? Read this ... on 20:12 - Nov 30 by Ryorry

Quite.

So sorry about your recent diagnosis, very tough. Please feel free to PM at any time, I'm often up in middle of the night.

Thank you Ryorry, that's kind of you
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024