Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I struggling to see how Mcgreal is so highly thought of 11:18 - Dec 6 with 827 viewsBobsthename

What exactly has he achieved in his managerial career never really done much at Col U or Swindon i’m not feeling this i’m expecting a bigger name to be named as our new boss.
I struggling to see how Mcgreal is so highly thought of on 11:19 - Dec 6 with 807 viewshomer_123

Not a lot.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I struggling to see how Mcgreal is so highly thought of on 11:20 - Dec 6 with 802 viewsblueconscience

People just love him as he is a former player

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

I struggling to see how Mcgreal is so highly thought of on 11:21 - Dec 6 with 776 viewsjayessess

Lots of the clubs above us in the league are managed by people who were nobodies when they got their current job.

The key here is the owners/CEO having good judgement, not just the ability to read a managerial record, but to know about how they're rated around the game as a coach, tactician, football thinker etc.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I struggling to see how Mcgreal is so highly thought of on 11:21 - Dec 6 with 771 viewsHerbivore

He's absolutely fine as a stop gap.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I struggling to see how Mcgreal is so highly thought of on 11:22 - Dec 6 with 738 viewsmrfixit426

I struggling to see how Mcgreal is so highly thought of on 11:21 - Dec 6 by jayessess

Lots of the clubs above us in the league are managed by people who were nobodies when they got their current job.

The key here is the owners/CEO having good judgement, not just the ability to read a managerial record, but to know about how they're rated around the game as a coach, tactician, football thinker etc.

Finally someone gets it.
I struggling to see how Mcgreal is so highly thought of on 11:23 - Dec 6 with 732 viewswkj

He did much better at Col U than the current bloke is doing.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I struggling to see how Mcgreal is so highly thought of on 11:24 - Dec 6 with 709 viewsWilbrahamBlue

He's not highly thought of, certainly away from nostalgic Ipswich fans and in a managerial capacity.

He hasn't been able to secure the next position since his last job and as many league 2 managers know if you don't secure one quickly you can drop out of management altogether like that.

Without this opportunity he would be battling it out for mid-lower league 2 jobs if he was lucky. Its actually a calculated and really quite wise career move to have been hanging round the club last few months.
I struggling to see how Mcgreal is so highly thought of on 11:25 - Dec 6 with 684 viewsBseaBlue

I struggling to see how Mcgreal is so highly thought of on 11:21 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

He's absolutely fine as a stop gap.

A stop-gap who has managerial experience as well! Much better to have that option for an interim period than throwing in a coach without any. It is a smart move by the club.
Login to get fewer ads

I struggling to see how Mcgreal is so highly thought of on 11:33 - Dec 6 with 606 viewsKeno

He hasn't lost a game as Town manager

how good a record is that!!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I struggling to see how Mcgreal is so highly thought of on 11:36 - Dec 6 with 550 viewsCrockerITFC

Neither did Burley to be fair
I struggling to see how Mcgreal is so highly thought of on 11:51 - Dec 6 with 434 viewsblu_dru

Just interim manager for a game or two
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024