Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daniel Farke - seriously 21:31 - Dec 6 with 6481 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

Read this and tell me he wouldn’t work here:

5. Daniel Farke

The soft-spoken German coach was really stuck in a tricky situation as Norwich boss. His system of play had created a dynamic side that made absolute mincemeat of the Championship. In their last two seasons in the division they won it both times racking up a combined total of 191 points via 56 wins and 23 draws with 168 goals scored.

However when scaled up to Premier League level that same squad simply lacked the quality to actively compete with better teams (in particular, to score the same number of goals they did in the Championship) and Farke’s unyielding devotion to his style of play left them wide open defensively.

https://www.squawka.com/en/top-10-best-out-of-work-managers/
Daniel Farke - seriously on 22:50 - Dec 6 with 1589 viewsitfcasual

Daniel Farke - seriously on 22:40 - Dec 6 by wkj

Chris Sutton.

Not sure his record is actually better than Farke's but well done for trying anyway
Daniel Farke - seriously on 22:53 - Dec 6 with 1571 viewswkj

Daniel Farke - seriously on 22:50 - Dec 6 by itfcasual

Not sure his record is actually better than Farke's but well done for trying anyway

You're welcome. I hope you feel educated this evening.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Daniel Farke - seriously on 22:57 - Dec 6 with 1560 viewsitfcasual

Daniel Farke - seriously on 22:53 - Dec 6 by wkj

You're welcome. I hope you feel educated this evening.

Every day's a school day...
Daniel Farke - seriously on 22:58 - Dec 6 with 1558 viewsStewart27

Move on

Way too good for us

He’d never come here
Daniel Farke - seriously on 23:33 - Dec 6 with 1522 viewsSwansea_Blue

Klopp or Guardiola would work here too. Neither of those will happen either.

We’re in L1 for those who still haven’t noticed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Daniel Farke - seriously on 23:49 - Dec 6 with 1499 viewsArnieM

Daniel Farke - seriously on 21:40 - Dec 6 by J2BLUE

He wouldn't come. It's completely unrealistic.

He’s already been in the building and spoken to Ashton. Make of that what you will . Guess we shall see in the next couple of weeks …. Personally I wouldn’t mind. He certainly knows how about how to play attacking football and how to compete in the leagues below PL. Maybe he didn’t succeed in the PL with “ them “ because he didn’t have PL caliber players to work with ?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 23:50]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Daniel Farke - seriously on 00:00 - Dec 7 with 1487 viewsitfcasual

Daniel Farke - seriously on 23:33 - Dec 6 by Swansea_Blue

Klopp and Guardiola have jobs...
Daniel Farke - seriously on 00:49 - Dec 7 with 1437 viewsBondiBlue

It sounds like he wouldn't work here for the same reason cook didn't work. Refusal to budge from a style that didn't suit the level the club wanted to be at. Sounds like they got sacked for exactly the same reason.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Login to get fewer ads

Daniel Farke - seriously on 01:10 - Dec 7 with 1418 viewsSaigonTractor

He wouldn't work here.

And anyway he isn't coming to a League One team. Especially not us.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 1:11]
Daniel Farke - seriously on 01:19 - Dec 7 with 1405 viewsXYZ

Daniel Farke - seriously on 23:33 - Dec 6 by Swansea_Blue

We're in L1 with "ambition" and funding to get to the PL.

The most important part is getting out of the Championship.

He'd be on the list alongside a plan to make a storming recovery this season.
Daniel Farke - seriously on 07:57 - Dec 7 with 1278 viewstimothyeo

Daniel Farke - seriously on 23:49 - Dec 6 by ArnieM

He’s already been in the building and spoken to Ashton. Make of that what you will . Guess we shall see in the next couple of weeks …. Personally I wouldn’t mind. He certainly knows how about how to play attacking football and how to compete in the leagues below PL. Maybe he didn’t succeed in the PL with “ them “ because he didn’t have PL caliber players to work with ?
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 23:50]

No, he hasn't been in the building speaking to Ashton. He's in Germany with his family.

There is literally no chance of him coming here. No chance.
Daniel Farke - seriously on 08:06 - Dec 7 with 1268 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Yes why not. Would be a good appointment.
Daniel Farke - seriously on 08:24 - Dec 7 with 1248 viewsBonneNIL

He'd be a great appointment if you take the Norwich association out, but is miles too good of an appointment for a 3rd division side. Our budget is okay but we're not going to spend over the odds on Farke, same with Lampard, some of our support don't realise how far we have fallen. We'd be lucky to land anyone who managed in the Premiership.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Daniel Farke - seriously on 09:12 - Dec 7 with 1205 viewstimothyeo

Daniel Farke - seriously on 08:24 - Dec 7 by BonneNIL

He'd be a great appointment if you take the Norwich association out, but is miles too good of an appointment for a 3rd division side. Our budget is okay but we're not going to spend over the odds on Farke, same with Lampard, some of our support don't realise how far we have fallen. We'd be lucky to land anyone who managed in the Premiership.

Exactly this.

I still think we can make a great appointment but it's not going to be someone who very recently managed at Premier League level, turned down Werder Bremen a week or so ago because he has interest from Bundesliga clubs, and was iconic no less than 12 months ago at our biggest rivals club.

Bit sad that Arnie character has to make things up about him being in the building - demonstrably incorrect.
Daniel Farke - seriously on 09:27 - Dec 7 with 1174 viewsBlueBlood90

I wouldn't want Farke purely because of the embarrassment of turning to another Budgie after the Lambert era.

However, I would be delighted if we went down a similar path and looked at somebody in Germany or Scandinavia.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Daniel Farke - seriously on 11:03 - Dec 7 with 1113 viewstimothyeo

Daniel Farke - seriously on 09:27 - Dec 7 by BlueBlood90

I wouldn't want Farke purely because of the embarrassment of turning to another Budgie after the Lambert era.

However, I would be delighted if we went down a similar path and looked at somebody in Germany or Scandinavia.

Does this become a more difficult route now for the sort of level of head coach we'd be looking at because of Brexit? Work Permit requirements etc?
Daniel Farke - seriously on 11:26 - Dec 7 with 1098 viewsArnieM

Daniel Farke - seriously on 09:12 - Dec 7 by timothyeo

Exactly this.

I still think we can make a great appointment but it's not going to be someone who very recently managed at Premier League level, turned down Werder Bremen a week or so ago because he has interest from Bundesliga clubs, and was iconic no less than 12 months ago at our biggest rivals club.

Bit sad that Arnie character has to make things up about him being in the building - demonstrably incorrect.

I haven’t “ made up” anything, honestly I haven’t . I’m only posting what I’ve been told. I’ve been told that he’s spoken to “MA twice , at least “. He was also at Towns last game . Now I don’t know how true this is , but as I’ve said if it were to happen I think I’d prefer that to the names being touted. I’ve nothing to gain by posting it ( I’m not your 20 something wannabe noticed poster) . Farke is probably one of many interested in the job . Ashton himself has stated they have been approached by m as n n angers far and wide .

I’m probably one of least forgiving of any narwich connection. That I’ll freely hold my hands up too. But I’m trying to look beyond that as regards to Farke .

I dont know if he’s “the one”, and I freely admit I know as much as anyone that in here. People are posting who they think will come in , and I, purely on the back of what I’ve been told and suggesting it could be Farke .

Nothing more sinister than that , ok !

Daniel Farke - seriously on 11:27 - Dec 7 with 1096 viewsArnieM

Daniel Farke - seriously on 07:57 - Dec 7 by timothyeo

No, he hasn't been in the building speaking to Ashton. He's in Germany with his family.

There is literally no chance of him coming here. No chance.

Ok that’s fine …. How do you know this then ?

Daniel Farke - seriously on 11:29 - Dec 7 with 1087 viewsfooters

Daniel Farke - seriously on 11:27 - Dec 7 by ArnieM

How did you know he had? Or were you just making it up?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Daniel Farke - seriously on 12:12 - Dec 7 with 1035 viewstimothyeo

Daniel Farke - seriously on 11:27 - Dec 7 by ArnieM

I hate talking other peoples business, but my sisters husband is currently going back and forth on a daily basis with offers on Farke's property in Norfolk, and has had every conversation to his German phone number, as that's where he said he'd be. And has been for 3 weeks or so.
Daniel Farke - seriously on 12:37 - Dec 7 with 1007 viewsArnieM

Daniel Farke - seriously on 12:12 - Dec 7 by timothyeo

I hate talking other peoples business, but my sisters husband is currently going back and forth on a daily basis with offers on Farke's property in Norfolk, and has had every conversation to his German phone number, as that's where he said he'd be. And has been for 3 weeks or so.

Thank you .

I suppose it’s not unreadable thst once you’re sacked you’d sell your house . Farke is from the continent and would naturally return to his family in Germany . I suspect z Paul Cook if he had time to get a house here , will already have if on the market now, and likely ax not returned to Liveripool . It’s not out of the question is it . It doesn’t mean that either Cook or Farke , or any other manager could not conceivably also have had chats with other Clubs CEO’s .

I’m not saying Farke WILL be our next manager . I just like everyone rjj KB as on this forum have s bit of a wish list and like everyone else , will speculate. What don’t particularly like is being accused of being delusional, for expressing a view . I notice you haven’t jumped down anybody else’s throat for making a suggestion , so I can only assume you have taken a personal dislike to me for some reason.

As for the comment about him being at PR that actually came from two totally independent sources , and I said “ make of that what you will” .

Thank you for your time in explaining your view.

Daniel Farke - seriously on 12:38 - Dec 7 with 1002 viewsXYZ

Daniel Farke - seriously on 11:03 - Dec 7 by timothyeo

Does this become a more difficult route now for the sort of level of head coach we'd be looking at because of Brexit? Work Permit requirements etc?

Yes.
Daniel Farke - seriously on 13:05 - Dec 7 with 977 viewsBlueBlood90

Daniel Farke - seriously on 12:12 - Dec 7 by timothyeo

I wouldn't want to buy Farke's house. He looks like he stinks!

Daniel Farke - seriously on 13:06 - Dec 7 with 972 viewsBlueBlood90

Daniel Farke - seriously on 11:03 - Dec 7 by timothyeo

Very good point. I'm sure I read that the manager Barnsley just sacked was unable to bring any of his regular backroom staff with him which made things difficult for him.

Daniel Farke - seriously on 13:47 - Dec 7 with 931 viewstimothyeo

Daniel Farke - seriously on 12:37 - Dec 7 by ArnieM

Thank you .

I suppose it’s not unreadable thst once you’re sacked you’d sell your house . Farke is from the continent and would naturally return to his family in Germany . I suspect z Paul Cook if he had time to get a house here , will already have if on the market now, and likely ax not returned to Liveripool . It’s not out of the question is it . It doesn’t mean that either Cook or Farke , or any other manager could not conceivably also have had chats with other Clubs CEO’s .

I’m not saying Farke WILL be our next manager . I just like everyone rjj KB as on this forum have s bit of a wish list and like everyone else , will speculate. What don’t particularly like is being accused of being delusional, for expressing a view . I notice you haven’t jumped down anybody else’s throat for making a suggestion , so I can only assume you have taken a personal dislike to me for some reason.

As for the comment about him being at PR that actually came from two totally independent sources , and I said “ make of that what you will” .

Thank you for your time in explaining your view.

Its nothing personal so apologies.

Its just not right for people to tell you Farke has been here when he hasn't been - he was supposed to come back to the country for some belongings in storage but he's more interested in spending time with family and doesn't really want to travel in the near future with potential Covid implications, or at least thats his excuse!

As for delusion, again its not personal but Farke is highly regarded in Germany and he won't be taking on any English club right now let alone rivals to the one he's just managed in the third tier of English football - he can get paid better at a higher standard in his native country so its nonsensical.

My reason for pointing out those with slightly deluded thoughts on who our next coach could be is simply because it will inevitably be used as something to attack the new owners with when we don't land them, even when it was never on the cards in the first place!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024