Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Sat 14:43 - Dec 9 with 2734 viewshype313

........Walton.......
JD...Wolf....Fridge....KVY
.......EL Miz....Morsy......
Aluko....Chaplin....Celina (If fit)
...........Norwood..........

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Team for Sat on 22:17 - Dec 9 with 438 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

Team for Sat on 21:45 - Dec 9 by jayessess

Our defence has found novel ways to be rubbish with a variety of personnel. Not sure there's much reason to believe it'd be any worse with Woolfenden particularly.

It'll improve when we're a good defensive unit, organised by a decent coach, not according to personnel.

Cook bought Burgess for £1m, Woolfenden is left over from last season. Cook's always going to choose his player.
I'm sure a few sessions with McGreal and we'll see an improvement in Woolfenden who should be starting now in place of Nsiala
Team for Sat on 22:34 - Dec 9 with 424 viewsslaughteredskipper

Walton

JD - Fridge - Burgess - Penney

Aluko - Morsy - Humphrey - Chaplin

Norwood - Bonne

I want to see decent work rate. For me Evans flatters to deceive a bit, Penney is a genuine left back who was doing well up until one fairly serious mistake, we miss Wes and whilst Celina can make things happen he also is guilty of giving the ball away consistently. Edwards I really liked early doors but his final ball has got to improve and Harper looked awesome in his first few games but has dropped away. Poor Joe Pigott just looks like his confidence is shot.
Team for Sat on 00:03 - Dec 10 with 392 viewsEireannach_gorm

Team for Sat on 22:34 - Dec 9 by slaughteredskipper

Walton

JD - Fridge - Burgess - Penney

Aluko - Morsy - Humphrey - Chaplin

Norwood - Bonne

I want to see decent work rate. For me Evans flatters to deceive a bit, Penney is a genuine left back who was doing well up until one fairly serious mistake, we miss Wes and whilst Celina can make things happen he also is guilty of giving the ball away consistently. Edwards I really liked early doors but his final ball has got to improve and Harper looked awesome in his first few games but has dropped away. Poor Joe Pigott just looks like his confidence is shot.

Excellent 442 but I would have Edmundson ahead of Burgess.
Team for Sat on 00:06 - Dec 10 with 389 viewspointofblue

Team for Sat on 00:03 - Dec 10 by Eireannach_gorm

Excellent 442 but I would have Edmundson ahead of Burgess.

I thought Fridge was Edmundson?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team for Sat on 00:14 - Dec 10 with 385 viewsEireannach_gorm

Team for Sat on 00:06 - Dec 10 by pointofblue

I thought Fridge was Edmundson?

Apologies, my mistake, you are correct.

I am not convinced that Burgess is better than Nsiala but am prepared to be wrong there too.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 0:20]
Team for Sat on 11:36 - Dec 10 with 335 viewsEly_Blue

Team for Sat on 21:45 - Dec 9 by jayessess

Our defence has found novel ways to be rubbish with a variety of personnel. Not sure there's much reason to believe it'd be any worse with Woolfenden particularly.

It'll improve when we're a good defensive unit, organised by a decent coach, not according to personnel.

You have seen how easily Woolfenden gets muscled of the ball in any kind of aerial or physical battle I assume?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Team for Sat on 12:03 - Dec 10 with 327 viewsjayessess

Team for Sat on 11:36 - Dec 10 by Ely_Blue

You have seen how easily Woolfenden gets muscled of the ball in any kind of aerial or physical battle I assume?

I've watched every game this season. I can't recall which forwards are supposed to have "out-muscled" him.

I think that's the narrative that settled around Woolfenden, but the stats for him this season don't particularly back it up. When he was playing regularly in the league side he was top 5 in the division for defensive duels won.

I don't think he's straightforwardly the answer to questions about our defence, but I just don't buy the idea that he's been conspicuously bad this season compared to any of the other 3.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Team for Sat on 12:45 - Dec 10 with 306 viewsCheltenham_Blue

He'll play 4-4-2 double six. Definite info.

........................Walton

Donacien...Edmundson...Woolfenden....KVY

..............Morsy...........El Miz

Aluko........................................Chaplin

..............Pigott..........Norwood

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Sat on 13:10 - Dec 10 with 299 viewsSouthfieldsBlue

Not going to happen, but I'd like to see us try 3-4-1-2, even if some of the personnel we need for it are injured

Walton
Wolfenden, Edmundson, Burgess
KVY, Carroll, El Mizouni, Humphreys
Fraser
Bonne, Piggot
Team for Sat on 13:15 - Dec 10 with 293 viewsjayessess

Idle thought... Chaplin as a false 9. Great finisher, never stops moving, strong in possession...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Team for Sat on 19:00 - Dec 10 with 244 viewsbringbacktheglory

Norwood appears to have travelled with the squad, posting pictures from a hotel in Mancheste. Certainly excited by the prospect of seeing him play again, despite the off-field stuff. He may miss the odd one-on-ones but would not have missed some of the sitters that have been squandered recently!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024