Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ego on Lampard is something else 14:53 - Dec 10 with 3113 viewsMaySixth

he's not very good yet he thinks he deserves, at minimum, at Championship job

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

The ego on Lampard is something else on 14:57 - Dec 10 with 2734 viewsFixed_It

When did you have this conversation with him?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:00 - Dec 10 with 2683 viewsgiant_stow

Well he blanked us (or at least said he did) so I agree. Think he needs to remember that as good a player as he was, as a manager, he's starting out fresh.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:02 - Dec 10 with 2664 viewsKeno

The ego on Lampard is something else on 14:57 - Dec 10 by Fixed_It

When did you have this conversation with him?

Christine told him last night while she was in the staff bus queue at Ipswich hospital

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:02 - Dec 10 with 2664 viewsazuremerlangus

Kinda agree - £1m salary demand for a rookie manager (so the story goes when he was previously approached) is cheeky but then again he can get that just doing punditry.

Unless he is waiting for a ‘better’ option (whatever that means) then I would have thought we were at least worth a closer look.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:03 - Dec 10 with 2638 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

How did you get to that assumption?
The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:11 - Dec 10 with 2566 viewsBlueNomad

At least Harris has experience. (Not that I am advocating anyone because I'm just going to wait and see)
The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:19 - Dec 10 with 2501 viewsChrisd

If you thought we had any chance of him coming here, then I’ll have some of what you’re having. He’s just turned down the Canaries in the EPL, why would he entertain a club at our level? Sadly, we just aren’t that appealing in L1, project or not.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:21 - Dec 10 with 2476 viewsjayessess

He's entirely correct that he could get a Championship job quite easily. Scott Parker did.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:25 - Dec 10 with 2420 viewsHerbivore

He was managing Chelsea not that long ago, we're a massive step down from that. Hardly arrogant, I'm sure he will get offers from higher up the pyramid than us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:34 - Dec 10 with 2326 viewsJ2BLUE

Hardly arrogance. He should be targeting a good Championship job.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:37 - Dec 10 with 2308 viewsmrshallisfit

The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:02 - Dec 10 by Keno

Christine told him last night while she was in the staff bus queue at Ipswich hospital

Am I allowed a 2nd post where I imagine Christine Lampard in a nuses uniform?
The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:39 - Dec 10 with 2297 viewshoppy

The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:34 - Dec 10 by J2BLUE

Is he one of the top 44 managers in this country at the moment then?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The ego on Lampard is something else on 16:12 - Dec 10 with 2132 viewsKeno

The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:37 - Dec 10 by mrshallisfit

Am I allowed a 2nd post where I imagine Christine Lampard in a nuses uniform?

Yes but don’t forget she doesnt wear make up when she is nursing

[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 16:12]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The ego on Lampard is something else on 16:14 - Dec 10 with 2100 viewsRadioOrwell

The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:34 - Dec 10 by J2BLUE

Why ?
Shouldn't he learn the job, achieve something and then go up the ladder.
The ego on Lampard is something else on 16:29 - Dec 10 with 1977 viewsjayessess

The ego on Lampard is something else on 16:14 - Dec 10 by RadioOrwell

Why ?

Does it really work like that? If you're a high profile retired footballer then I'd say you're far far more likely to have a career as an elite level manager if you avoid lower league football entirely.

The ego on Lampard is something else on 16:55 - Dec 10 with 1817 viewsRadioOrwell

The ego on Lampard is something else on 16:29 - Dec 10 by jayessess

Does it really work like that? If you're a high profile retired footballer then I'd say you're far far more likely to have a career as an elite level manager if you avoid lower league football entirely.

Do you have examples ?
The ego on Lampard is something else on 17:01 - Dec 10 with 1765 viewsHerbivore

The ego on Lampard is something else on 16:14 - Dec 10 by RadioOrwell

Why ?

In his first job in management he did well enough at Derby to get the Chelsea job and he had a decent first season at Chelsea as well. The idea that he should drop down to the third division is a bit fanciful and accusations of arrogance for holding out for something better are rather silly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The ego on Lampard is something else on 17:04 - Dec 10 with 1728 viewsSomethingBlue

The ego on Lampard is something else on 15:19 - Dec 10 by Chrisd

If you thought we had any chance of him coming here, then I’ll have some of what you’re having. He’s just turned down the Canaries in the EPL, why would he entertain a club at our level? Sadly, we just aren’t that appealing in L1, project or not.

He didn't turn Norwich down, they weren't going to appoint him.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The ego on Lampard is something else on 17:09 - Dec 10 with 1664 viewsLeoMuff

If he fails here his next stop will be league 2, and let’s face it we are the proverbial managerial graveyard, Jewell, Keane, Lambert have pretty much finished their careers taking us on.

If he got a lower prem job or championship then there is still scope for a sideways step.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

The ego on Lampard is something else on 17:13 - Dec 10 with 1635 viewsitfcsuth

He was literally managing in the Champions League last season. He was on £75,000 a week. He’s finished 3rd in the PL, in to the knockouts of the Champions League, an FA Cup final, Championship play-off final.

He’s out of reach for us. He’d earn double what we could probably offer him to be a pundit, and not have the stresses of management.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 17:14]
The ego on Lampard is something else on 17:28 - Dec 10 with 1542 viewsjayessess

The ego on Lampard is something else on 16:55 - Dec 10 by RadioOrwell

Do you have examples ?

There are currently 5 elite level former players managing in the Premier League - Steven Gerrard, Mikel Arteta, Pep Guardiola, Patrick Vieira, Antonio Conte - only Conte has ever managed a first team outside a top national division (he managed a couple of teams in the Italian 2nd division).

In the Championship there's 2 more - Wayne Rooney and Scott Parker - both of whom have never managed a lower league team.

How many successful managerial careers have involved a proper elite footballer taking over a lower league club as a prelude to being a successful top level manager? I can't really think of any. League One is a quagmire. Even if you're a decent coach things might still go disastrously (because that's how lower league football is) and suddenly you look like a worse coach than Steve Evans. If it all goes brilliantly, what, you might get the Stoke City job and yet another chance for everything to go badly?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 17:56]

The ego on Lampard is something else on 17:50 - Dec 10 with 1442 viewsChrisd

The ego on Lampard is something else on 17:04 - Dec 10 by SomethingBlue

He didn't turn Norwich down, they weren't going to appoint him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10195511/amp/Frank-Lampard-TU

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The ego on Lampard is something else on 18:02 - Dec 10 with 1371 viewsmylittletown

The ego on Lampard is something else on 17:28 - Dec 10 by jayessess

There are currently 5 elite level former players managing in the Premier League - Steven Gerrard, Mikel Arteta, Pep Guardiola, Patrick Vieira, Antonio Conte - only Conte has ever managed a first team outside a top national division (he managed a couple of teams in the Italian 2nd division).

In the Championship there's 2 more - Wayne Rooney and Scott Parker - both of whom have never managed a lower league team.

How many successful managerial careers have involved a proper elite footballer taking over a lower league club as a prelude to being a successful top level manager? I can't really think of any. League One is a quagmire. Even if you're a decent coach things might still go disastrously (because that's how lower league football is) and suddenly you look like a worse coach than Steve Evans. If it all goes brilliantly, what, you might get the Stoke City job and yet another chance for everything to go badly?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2021 17:56]

I Guess it depends what you call elite level, but Nigel Clough, Lee Bowyer, JF Hasselbaink, Joey Barton played for top clubs and for their countries.
Hasenhuttel played international football for Austria and in the Bundesliga, our Mogga played a good deal of top division football.
The ego on Lampard is something else on 18:07 - Dec 10 with 1337 viewspatrickswell

Well in the one season he managed at Championship level, he got his team as close to promotion as it is possible to get without achieving it.

It’s clear though that he wants jobs which will give him a platform to be successful (I.e. a budget), which he wouldn’t have had had at Town in 2018.
The ego on Lampard is something else on 18:09 - Dec 10 with 1315 viewsjayessess

The ego on Lampard is something else on 18:02 - Dec 10 by mylittletown

I Guess it depends what you call elite level, but Nigel Clough, Lee Bowyer, JF Hasselbaink, Joey Barton played for top clubs and for their countries.
Hasenhuttel played international football for Austria and in the Bundesliga, our Mogga played a good deal of top division football.

They're all pretty good examples of the quagmire theory though, aren't they? None of them are very likely to end up managers at elite clubs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024