Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booster Jab Queues 14:14 - Dec 14 with 1735 viewsSwailsey

Now, I may be thinking too much about this, but isn’t there a chance that these insane queues will cause outbreaks, especially considering it takes a while for the jab to take effect.

I’ve got mine booked Friday, but the safety of my living room seems much more tempting. I’ll go, obviously.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Booster Jab Queues on 14:16 - Dec 14 with 1691 viewsunbelievablue

You'd imagine the queues will have a sensible level of social distancing, as well as mask wearing (mandatory). You're also not supposed to attend if you have symptoms, and asymptomatic transmission, as we know, is less common than symptomatic.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Booster Jab Queues on 14:16 - Dec 14 with 1686 viewsStokieBlue

You won't really have to queue if you've booked a time slot will you?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Booster Jab Queues on 14:17 - Dec 14 with 1680 viewsSwailsey

Booster Jab Queues on 14:16 - Dec 14 by StokieBlue

SB

I did with my other vaccines. Lots of times lots right after each other.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Booster Jab Queues on 14:21 - Dec 14 with 1650 viewsunbelievablue

SB

i did for my first dose, in spite of having booked. Some places just aren't run as well as others, unfortunately.

Also - plenty of people in those queues not wearing masks. Mind boggles.

Booster Jab Queues on 14:46 - Dec 14 with 1571 viewsusm

Had my booster this morning - 4 in the queue (I was booked in).
There was a queue of about 20 people for the "walk in" but they were getting through them so quickly I doubt if anyone had to wait more than 15 minutes.
Different across the country of course but they were ultra efficient here (Maldon).

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Booster Jab Queues on 14:54 - Dec 14 with 1506 viewsPrideOfTheEast

SB

Had mine in Greenwich yesterday. My appointment was for 3:45pm and I was jabbed around 4:30pm. Some in the separate walk in queue had been waiting for 4+ hours. As I was leaving, the pharmacist came out and told people probably 10m from the front of the line that they were not going to have enough.
Booster Jab Queues on 15:02 - Dec 14 with 1474 viewsRyorry

Booster Jab Queues on 14:21 - Dec 14 by unbelievablue

i did for my first dose, in spite of having booked. Some places just aren't run as well as others, unfortunately.

Also - plenty of people in those queues not wearing masks. Mind boggles.

I found the running/organisation of the booster at end of October (at relatively small community centre compareed with vast shed of major centre for first 2 jabs) nowhere near as good as that of the first 2 run by NHS.

Much more crowded, no booths, just jab-stations with minimum social distance between, very noisy - couldn't hear the spiel about side-effects without the assistant (who'd been standing due to lack of space) bending down to literally within 6 inches of my lughole!

Still very glad to have it, obvs.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Booster Jab Queues on 15:04 - Dec 14 with 1463 viewsStokieBlue

Booster Jab Queues on 14:54 - Dec 14 by PrideOfTheEast

Had mine in Greenwich yesterday. My appointment was for 3:45pm and I was jabbed around 4:30pm. Some in the separate walk in queue had been waiting for 4+ hours. As I was leaving, the pharmacist came out and told people probably 10m from the front of the line that they were not going to have enough.

I've had mine booked for Thursday for ages, historically I've just walked into the pharmacy and been out again 5 minutes.

Guess we will see how it goes, I am not sure if they are doing walk-ins there.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Booster Jab Queues on 15:23 - Dec 14 with 1412 viewsPinewoodblue

Booster Jab Queues on 14:16 - Dec 14 by unbelievablue

You'd imagine the queues will have a sensible level of social distancing, as well as mask wearing (mandatory). You're also not supposed to attend if you have symptoms, and asymptomatic transmission, as we know, is less common than symptomatic.

Think you made the last bit up.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Booster Jab Queues on 15:29 - Dec 14 with 1378 viewsunbelievablue

Booster Jab Queues on 15:23 - Dec 14 by Pinewoodblue

Think you made the last bit up.

Yeah? I thought this was generally considered to be true based on the available studies.

Happy to be guided otherwise.

Booster Jab Queues on 15:35 - Dec 14 with 1335 viewsjaykay

does anyone know which part of ipswich hospital you go to for your booster jab ?
[ i am running a book and got my bingo card ready ]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Booster Jab Queues on 15:41 - Dec 14 with 1311 viewsFixed_It

When I had mine the queue was socially distanced and everyone was asked to wear a mask. Queued for about 20 minutes - most had pre-booked.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Booster Jab Queues on 15:48 - Dec 14 with 1264 viewsIpswichKnight

Most of the queues are outside, once inside it’s all socially distanced and everything is wiped down after use. My one on Sunday involved a few minutes wait outside then a few minutes wait 2m behind the person in front ( mask on inside obviously but outside didn’t see the point was only person queuing outside ) then a few quick questions to book in, a few minutes wait for a vaccinator to become free, got the jab and then had to wait 15 minutes until I could leave. Believe they might get rid of the required 15 minutes wait to speed it up even more.
Booster Jab Queues on 16:11 - Dec 14 with 1218 viewsElderGrizzly

Just been to Warboys, out in the Fens and one person in front of me.

I had an appointment, but they were doing walk-ins too. They said the trick was to avoid the larger town/city locations which are swamped.

Cambridge is apparently queues of 3hrs+
Booster Jab Queues on 16:52 - Dec 14 with 1139 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Booster Jab Queues on 16:11 - Dec 14 by ElderGrizzly

Just been to Warboys, out in the Fens and one person in front of me.

I had an appointment, but they were doing walk-ins too. They said the trick was to avoid the larger town/city locations which are swamped.

Cambridge is apparently queues of 3hrs+

My wife said the queues again today near us (SE London) were 3+ hours too.

I felt pretty awful for about 18 hours but am much better now. Moderna booster.
Booster Jab Queues on 17:33 - Dec 14 with 1077 viewsunbelievablue

Booster Jab Queues on 16:52 - Dec 14 by PrideOfTheEast

My wife said the queues again today near us (SE London) were 3+ hours too.

I felt pretty awful for about 18 hours but am much better now. Moderna booster.

Not good. Glad you're not feeling awful still. Did you get Pfizer for 1 and 2?

I've moved mine from round here to Suffolk.

Booster Jab Queues on 18:34 - Dec 14 with 1015 viewsDublinBlue84

Was in Ipswich Hospital last night and it was a bit of chaos.

General feeling of anger, as despite Boris' statement being pre-recorded, apparently nobody at the hospital knew what was going to happen until after it was broadcast.

They had signs up on social media and at the hospital that walk-ins were closed due to high volumes of appointments and was told they were unable to get extra staff at short notice to deal with huge numbers of walk-ins. The central NHS website continued to list Ipswich Hospital as a walk in centre even when hospital made it clear they were over-run.

Had appointment booked (which I booked on Saturday) but in the end it just turned into one big queue with no preference given to appointments. Wasn't until almost 2 hours after my appointment I finally got it done.

Have to feel sorry for the NHS. There's no chance of them hitting anything near 1m per day.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Booster Jab Queues on 18:34 - Dec 14 with 1008 viewsDublinBlue84

Booster Jab Queues on 15:35 - Dec 14 by jaykay

does anyone know which part of ipswich hospital you go to for your booster jab ?
[ i am running a book and got my bingo card ready ]

Section 6, outpatients entrance.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Booster Jab Queues on 19:00 - Dec 14 with 961 viewsPinewoodblue

Booster Jab Queues on 15:29 - Dec 14 by unbelievablue

Yeah? I thought this was generally considered to be true based on the available studies.

Happy to be guided otherwise.

Plan B includes wearing a mask in certain situations. The only benefit in wearing a mask is to stop you , if you are unknowingly positive, passing the infection on to others.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Booster Jab Queues on 19:01 - Dec 14 with 955 viewsunbelievablue

Booster Jab Queues on 19:00 - Dec 14 by Pinewoodblue

Plan B includes wearing a mask in certain situations. The only benefit in wearing a mask is to stop you , if you are unknowingly positive, passing the infection on to others.

Yes of course. Obviously asymptomatic transmission exists (otherwise we'd never be where we are today). My reading earlier on in the pandemic was that it was less likely than symptomatic transmission, however.

Booster Jab Queues on 19:07 - Dec 14 with 924 viewsKieran_Knows

Booster Jab Queues on 18:34 - Dec 14 by DublinBlue84

Was in Ipswich Hospital last night and it was a bit of chaos.

General feeling of anger, as despite Boris' statement being pre-recorded, apparently nobody at the hospital knew what was going to happen until after it was broadcast.

They had signs up on social media and at the hospital that walk-ins were closed due to high volumes of appointments and was told they were unable to get extra staff at short notice to deal with huge numbers of walk-ins. The central NHS website continued to list Ipswich Hospital as a walk in centre even when hospital made it clear they were over-run.

Had appointment booked (which I booked on Saturday) but in the end it just turned into one big queue with no preference given to appointments. Wasn't until almost 2 hours after my appointment I finally got it done.

Have to feel sorry for the NHS. There's no chance of them hitting anything near 1m per day.

I think I’ll wait till the new year to get my booster, seems a bit of a mess really.

Slightly worried for my missus who is pregnant though. Our babe is due on Thursday and she’s hoping to get her first vaccine at the hospital once the little one is here, but I wonder if they’re just prioritising the booster meaning she might not be able to get her first one?

I know they’ve got plenty, as every time we’ve had a scan/appointment they’ve tried forcing the vaccine on her (even though we’ve said so many times we’re waiting until baby is here), but just feel that won’t be a priority anymore.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Booster Jab Queues on 19:25 - Dec 14 with 885 viewsRyorry

Booster Jab Queues on 19:07 - Dec 14 by Kieran_Knows

I think I’ll wait till the new year to get my booster, seems a bit of a mess really.

Slightly worried for my missus who is pregnant though. Our babe is due on Thursday and she’s hoping to get her first vaccine at the hospital once the little one is here, but I wonder if they’re just prioritising the booster meaning she might not be able to get her first one?

I know they’ve got plenty, as every time we’ve had a scan/appointment they’ve tried forcing the vaccine on her (even though we’ve said so many times we’re waiting until baby is here), but just feel that won’t be a priority anymore.

Feature on BBCR4 this morning said that when pregnant women get the covid vacc, the baby also acquires some immunity through the normal absorption in utero route. They didn't say how close to delivery that could be tho!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Booster Jab Queues on 19:32 - Dec 14 with 851 viewsdickie

Just had my booster at ipswich hospital, no queues to talk about. Three people ahead of me, I'd turned up 30 minutes early and was jabbed within 10 minutes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024