Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? 12:24 - Dec 20 with 4119 viewsitfcjoe

This lockdown by stealth is just killing them as it is.

Spoken to a few publicans this morning, and they are tearing their hair out - they all expect it to be shut down with an announcement today - but if it isn't they are being killed by directives telling people not to go, but not getting any support.

I was at a Xmas do at Milsoms on Friday, there was due to be 200 there but ended up as 80 - I'm not sure what refund policy was but the industry is absolutely on it's knees at the moment.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 16:14 - Dec 20 with 715 viewsStokieBlue

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 15:34 - Dec 20 by bluelagos

It does read as if they are intentionally dragging their feet, so any restrictions come into play after xmas.

Cos CV knows to ease off for a few days and allow everyone to enjoy seeing their family.

I hate lockdowns, have never pretended otherwise. But if we need restrictions then the sooner the better, has BJ literally learned nothing from the delays in spring and winter 2020?

~92000 cases today.

I suspect Whitty and Vallance are making their case strongly. Restrictions from 28th seems to the be favourite to be the outcome at the moment.

SB

In the pocket of big farmer.

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 19:01 - Dec 20 with 614 viewspointofblue

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 16:14 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

~92000 cases today.

I suspect Whitty and Vallance are making their case strongly. Restrictions from 28th seems to the be favourite to be the outcome at the moment.

SB

He’s running out of time though - won’t it have to be cleared in Parliament before it becomes law? So they’ll have to make the move by Thursday.

Poll: Would you be happy with Anthony Barry as the new Town manager?

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 19:25 - Dec 20 with 579 viewsjas0999

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 13:37 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

I said a while back it will be announced on Christmas Eve and come into force on Boxing Day.

No inside info, just a complete lack of faith in the shambles of a government to act until it's too late.

One day, Chris Whitty will likely write a book and it will make for incredible reading.

You may be right, but I think that’s unlikely. Coordination to give all MPs a vote, would suggest it’s unlikely to happen that quick. Doubt MPs will reconvene on Christmas Day! We will see.
Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 23:47 - Dec 20 with 483 viewstextbackup

Had a big Xmas party there last weekend, was packed. Dancing etc

This weekend town game, town after, pubs seemed busy (albeit a few of them)

I’m not bothering with this sht anymore, double jabbed, I’ve had covid, and still alive.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 23:57 - Dec 20 with 462 viewsSarge

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 12:53 - Dec 20 by JackSted

Reports suggesting there'll be a 2 week circuit breaker after xmas:

- Indoor mixing banned
- Pubs and restaurants outdoors only
- Rule of 6 outdoors to return
- Schools and shops to remain open

I wonder how long this 2 weeks will be this time. My guess is 14 before a very slow unlocking so that we can look forward to that hard earned summer for 5 weeks before we go through this dance once again.

I might not take my 5th booster that time round and just hope covid kills me instead.
Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 08:53 - Dec 21 with 348 viewsJackSted

Are we expecting hospitality to be locked down soon? on 23:57 - Dec 20 by Sarge

I wonder how long this 2 weeks will be this time. My guess is 14 before a very slow unlocking so that we can look forward to that hard earned summer for 5 weeks before we go through this dance once again.

I might not take my 5th booster that time round and just hope covid kills me instead.

It may sound harsh but the reason we are in this mess is because of the 6 million UK residents who are refusing to get their Covid jab. If only 1% of that 6 million ended up getting Covid and requiring hospital treatment then the NHS will be overwhelmed.

Sounds like we are gonna have to wait 10+ years until all these antivaxxers die of Covid before we can return to any normality lol

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2022