Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... 12:50 - Jan 4 with 1239 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.mylondon.news/news/nostalgia/queens-spanish-ancestor-who-makes-22614

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 13:43 - Jan 4 with 1104 viewsTJS

I never see the point of these stories.
In 43 generations you are probably descended from everyone in the known world at that time (it's fairly basic maths)
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 13:44]
In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 13:50 - Jan 4 with 1080 viewsleitrimblue

In Sha Allah
In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 13:52 - Jan 4 with 1065 viewsleitrimblue

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 13:43 - Jan 4 by TJS

In 43 generations you are probably descended from everyone in the known world at that time (it's fairly basic maths)

Though i imagine it's unlikely that you or me are personally related to Mohammed.
In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 14:04 - Jan 4 with 1032 viewsfooters

I'm not entirely sure having foreign rulers was indicative of our inherently welcoming nature...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 14:06 - Jan 4 with 1013 viewsBlueBadger

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 14:04 - Jan 4 by footers

I'm not entirely sure having foreign rulers was indicative of our inherently welcoming nature...

Come on now, if they're WEALTHY and deeply unpleasant as opposed to poor and and fleeing from unpleasant people we've welcomed them with open arms for centuries.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 14:36 - Jan 4 with 943 viewsfactual_blue

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 13:52 - Jan 4 by leitrimblue

Though i imagine it's unlikely that you or me are personally related to Mohammed.

Speak for yourself, infidel.

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 14:40 - Jan 4 with 929 viewsfactual_blue

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 13:43 - Jan 4 by TJS

...a level of maths beyond most True Patriots....

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 14:48 - Jan 4 with 909 viewsGeoffSentence

Yep, you only need to go back to the 11th century. All living Europeans are related to all Europeans who were alive then.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 14:50 - Jan 4 with 898 viewsGeoffSentence

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 13:52 - Jan 4 by leitrimblue

We almost certainly are. Particularly if his line made it to Europe by the 11th century.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 14:54 - Jan 4 with 875 viewsleitrimblue

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 14:50 - Jan 4 by GeoffSentence

We almost certainly are. Particularly if his line made it to Europe by the 11th century.

Problem is Geoff, in the 11thC, the ancestors of the likes of me an you were probably Suffolk mud farmers. Very unlikely to be mixing with royalty from the Southern Mediterranean or anywhere else. But as you say we are all pretty related so it is possible
In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 15:05 - Jan 4 with 845 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It really depends on how inbred you are. You have 4 biological grandparents each of them has 4 biological grandparents. This means in 4 generations you have potentially 16 ancestors in that specific generation. This number is 2^4. If you go back 43 generations the number becomes 2^43 which is 8,796,090,000,000 people. Now, there is likely a lot of overlap reducing these figures massively (there were not that many people alive on the planet that long ago anyway so there would have to be). However, it doesn't take a huge amount of movement of populations and breeding outside of the direct family for one to be descended from a very large number of people from considerable number of generations ago.

You can, however, be quite sure that you are not directly descended from someone who is known to definitely not had any children who have survived to adulthood.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 15:07 - Jan 4 with 841 viewsNthsuffolkblue

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 14:54 - Jan 4 by leitrimblue

Problem is Geoff, in the 11thC, the ancestors of the likes of me an you were probably Suffolk mud farmers. Very unlikely to be mixing with royalty from the Southern Mediterranean or anywhere else. But as you say we are all pretty related so it is possible

The likelihood is that those Suffolk mud farmers were descended from a variety of people groups and that since then there have been other influences within the family line. My family is all from Ipswich but you only have to go back 3 generations to find that they are actually from London, Bristol, Liverpool and many other places. Already by that far back there are lines with German blood in them too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 15:40 - Jan 4 with 781 viewsKropotkin123

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 14:04 - Jan 4 by footers

Yeah, forced capture and religious conversion becomes welcoming nature...

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 15:42 - Jan 4 with 775 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s okay, they’ll never make it past all the ads and pop-ups.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 15:56 - Jan 4 with 741 viewsjaykay

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 15:07 - Jan 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

The likelihood is that those Suffolk mud farmers were descended from a variety of people groups and that since then there have been other influences within the family line. My family is all from Ipswich but you only have to go back 3 generations to find that they are actually from London, Bristol, Liverpool and many other places. Already by that far back there are lines with German blood in them too.

i only have to go back 2 generations , if potatoes, oats or rice crops failure they had to move on

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 16:04 - Jan 4 with 725 viewsleitrimblue

In deepest Essex, True Patriots' heads are exploding.... on 15:05 - Jan 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

It really depends on how inbred you are. You have 4 biological grandparents each of them has 4 biological grandparents. This means in 4 generations you have potentially 16 ancestors in that specific generation. This number is 2^4. If you go back 43 generations the number becomes 2^43 which is 8,796,090,000,000 people. Now, there is likely a lot of overlap reducing these figures massively (there were not that many people alive on the planet that long ago anyway so there would have to be). However, it doesn't take a huge amount of movement of populations and breeding outside of the direct family for one to be descended from a very large number of people from considerable number of generations ago.

You can, however, be quite sure that you are not directly descended from someone who is known to definitely not had any children who have survived to adulthood.

Pretty feck1n inbred... I think over the last 1000 years or so geographical movement would have been more common then shall we call it class movement. If you think of it this way, a large proportion of the ruling class of Europe claim to trace there ancestry back to the Merovingian elite. There is very little movement in or out of this group. So though it is quite possible that you are descended from Mohammed any genetic links you have would be more likely to be related to the enormous movement of people during prehistory then from post 11thC. This is what genetically separates you an me from the elite groups like the 'English' royalty
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024