Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence 16:11 - Jan 10 with 4541 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

has gone quiet. Even the Bristol City fan who keeps popping up has disappeared, unless I've missed him. Not to mention the scrutiny of the coaching staff. Almost as if when you're winning this 'analysis' gets forgotten.

Not having a pop at anyone, it's great that none of this is being discussed. Long may it continue (because that means we're still doing well).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 08:51 - Jan 11 with 1022 viewsCrockerITFC

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 16:54 - Jan 10 by clive_baker

Weird psychology of the football fan, when an 'outsider' has a view it's treated as gospel by some. For all we know it could be their Chris Makin.

Chris Makin is a pioneer, you wouldn't understand as he's ahead of the time

Viva Chris Makin
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 08:52 - Jan 11 with 1019 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 21:11 - Jan 10 by Wakh

He might be amicable, but if I camped out in my ex wives garage and jumped out occasionally to tell her family that she was a bitch, I would probably know that It would be best to move on.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 21:13]

It’s a football forum, not a harassment case. There’s an ignore button if you don’t want to listen to the views of people who have some experience of our CEO running their club

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 18:31 - Jan 11 with 900 viewsWakh

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 08:52 - Jan 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s a football forum, not a harassment case. There’s an ignore button if you don’t want to listen to the views of people who have some experience of our CEO running their club

Must be just me that finds it all a bit weird then. The constant pop ups. The guy reminds me of that weird neighbour in one foot in the grave.

Anyway, I will judge the guy on what Ashton does here. Not what he might have done somewhere else for a club that was never going to achieve anything anyway.
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:05 - Jan 11 with 876 viewschrismakin

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 18:31 - Jan 11 by Wakh

Must be just me that finds it all a bit weird then. The constant pop ups. The guy reminds me of that weird neighbour in one foot in the grave.

Anyway, I will judge the guy on what Ashton does here. Not what he might have done somewhere else for a club that was never going to achieve anything anyway.

What's weird is when posters are spoken of. Said poster then replies, then said poster is moaned at for responding.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:25 - Jan 11 with 852 viewsChurchman

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 18:31 - Jan 11 by Wakh

It’s not just you that finds it weird and I too try to judge people on what they do at this club now. Ok, I don’t particularly like his action man beard, ferrety eyes, Brentspeak and flat cap, but other than perhaps kicking out Cook sooner, I’ve seen no evidence to suggest he’s done too much wrong here yet.

As a point of interested, how many people on here go on to other clubs forums and leave the same stuff over and over again month after month to ‘warn them’? About zero, I’d guess. It’s plain odd. This bloke must trawl this forum daily to spot Ashton’s name.

To give him his dues, he’s certainly been effective in that some people have picked up his and his fellow obsessives hatred’s and run with them.
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:47 - Jan 11 with 826 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:25 - Jan 11 by Churchman

It’s not just you that finds it weird and I too try to judge people on what they do at this club now. Ok, I don’t particularly like his action man beard, ferrety eyes, Brentspeak and flat cap, but other than perhaps kicking out Cook sooner, I’ve seen no evidence to suggest he’s done too much wrong here yet.

As a point of interested, how many people on here go on to other clubs forums and leave the same stuff over and over again month after month to ‘warn them’? About zero, I’d guess. It’s plain odd. This bloke must trawl this forum daily to spot Ashton’s name.

To give him his dues, he’s certainly been effective in that some people have picked up his and his fellow obsessives hatred’s and run with them.

It's almost like there is more that unites fans of football, regardless of the team supported, in regards to finance and day to day running of the game than divides them. I have no doubt that Ashton will do very well at spending other people's money. If it wasn't Derby I'm sure someone might have had a word about Evans..my thoughts are now with fans of The Terriers, a team I watched a great deal in the early80's.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:02 - Jan 11 with 806 viewsFevsBCFC

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:25 - Jan 11 by Churchman

Other than my first post, when someone asked a city fan to post, what “warnings” have I given? You’re generally twisting the narrative of my posts.

One of my best mates is an Ipswich fan, I grew up in an era where Ipswich were successful, and did things the right way, hence as a neutral they’re a club a lot of fans of other clubs like. My first FA Cup final was Roger Osborne.

A lot of your fellow posters see it as just being part of the discussion.

I don’t comment on your matches, results, performances because I don’t watch you, but I also comment on certain players, a) because some of them have played for City or b) have been on our radar, etc, etc. As a bloke who does a lot of player analysis, I’m interested in how players like Bonne, Chaplin and Fraser do, because they were players that I thought might be potential Championship players for us.

So, lots of interest in your forum, but I don’t post on everything.

Out of interest, what’s the news on Lee O’Neill, he’s been removed as a Director from the club. Is that just part of the transition under the new owners, or is he moving on? Ignore, just seen there’s a separate thread started.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 20:03]
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:07 - Jan 11 with 787 viewsBiGDonnie

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:02 - Jan 11 by FevsBCFC

Other than my first post, when someone asked a city fan to post, what “warnings” have I given? You’re generally twisting the narrative of my posts.

One of my best mates is an Ipswich fan, I grew up in an era where Ipswich were successful, and did things the right way, hence as a neutral they’re a club a lot of fans of other clubs like. My first FA Cup final was Roger Osborne.

A lot of your fellow posters see it as just being part of the discussion.

I don’t comment on your matches, results, performances because I don’t watch you, but I also comment on certain players, a) because some of them have played for City or b) have been on our radar, etc, etc. As a bloke who does a lot of player analysis, I’m interested in how players like Bonne, Chaplin and Fraser do, because they were players that I thought might be potential Championship players for us.

So, lots of interest in your forum, but I don’t post on everything.

Out of interest, what’s the news on Lee O’Neill, he’s been removed as a Director from the club. Is that just part of the transition under the new owners, or is he moving on? Ignore, just seen there’s a separate thread started.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 20:03]

You crack on posting brother! You'll have a couple of Ipswich vs Bristol fixtures to comment on next season.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:08 - Jan 11 with 785 viewsFevsBCFC

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:07 - Jan 11 by BiGDonnie

You crack on posting brother! You'll have a couple of Ipswich vs Bristol fixtures to comment on next season.

In which league? 🤣
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 10:49 - Jan 12 with 686 viewsBluroo

I sense a high degree of entitlement in Bristol City fans criticism of Ashton. Clearly someone doesn't want to accept all the realities of the strategy required to keep them in the 2nd tier of English football, rather than the 3rd tier where they've spent the majority of their existence. Everyone makes mistakes but in my view the Ashton reign was undeniably a net benefit to them.

I also think the role MA has at Portman Road is conceptually different. There is a different relationship between the CEO and owners, different autonomy, resources and aspirations.

I'm personally extremely happy with the Gamechanger-Ashton-KcKenna axis of power we have now. I think we have brilliant owners, directors and coaches....Compared to where we were before. Lets not forget that.
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 11:22 - Jan 12 with 656 viewsSeablu

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:07 - Jan 11 by BiGDonnie

I don’t see Rovers getting back up under Barton though.
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 11:37 - Jan 12 with 622 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 10:49 - Jan 12 by Bluroo

I sense a high degree of entitlement in Bristol City fans criticism of Ashton. Clearly someone doesn't want to accept all the realities of the strategy required to keep them in the 2nd tier of English football, rather than the 3rd tier where they've spent the majority of their existence. Everyone makes mistakes but in my view the Ashton reign was undeniably a net benefit to them.

I also think the role MA has at Portman Road is conceptually different. There is a different relationship between the CEO and owners, different autonomy, resources and aspirations.

I'm personally extremely happy with the Gamechanger-Ashton-KcKenna axis of power we have now. I think we have brilliant owners, directors and coaches....Compared to where we were before. Lets not forget that.

Oh yeah, we're starting from a low base so almost anything will look better and if Ashton's only remotely competent he'll do better. I feel like the characters from the Wacky Races could do a better job of running a football club than what we had before. Evans had the money as well (for the first few years at least) which makes his failure look even worse. Imagine if he didn't have the millions, just his expertise!

Take your first point as well - I think even the Bristol City chap would agree our ceiling is probably higher than there.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 15:44 - Jan 12 with 532 viewsBluroo

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 11:37 - Jan 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

Oh yeah, we're starting from a low base so almost anything will look better and if Ashton's only remotely competent he'll do better. I feel like the characters from the Wacky Races could do a better job of running a football club than what we had before. Evans had the money as well (for the first few years at least) which makes his failure look even worse. Imagine if he didn't have the millions, just his expertise!

Take your first point as well - I think even the Bristol City chap would agree our ceiling is probably higher than there.

Yup, word.

Fundamentally Bristol City were taken somewhere they'd not really been before - whereas were trying to get back to where we've been. Different strokes.
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 16:31 - Jan 12 with 499 viewssolemio

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 11:22 - Jan 12 by Seablu

I don’t see Rovers getting back up under Barton though.

Barton Rovers is one of the best clubs in Bedfordshire - although not quite as good as Luton Town.
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 16:43 - Jan 12 with 488 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 15:44 - Jan 12 by Bluroo

Yup, word.

Fundamentally Bristol City were taken somewhere they'd not really been before - whereas were trying to get back to where we've been. Different strokes.

That’s not really true, I agree with the premise that we’re historically a bigger club than Bristol City but they have actually spent the majority of their existence in the top 2 divisions, and not the third as you suggested in your other post. And that isn’t skewed by say the pre-war era, the same applies if looking at the past 50 years, or even 30

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:26 - Jan 12 with 417 viewsFevsBCFC

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 10:49 - Jan 12 by Bluroo

No entitlement whatsoever. We’ve been a team that bounce around between 2nd and 3rd tiers for most of our time. Think there was a story that mapped the average league position of all clubs and then ranked them. We were 41st, so if you take off the 20 PL teams, our average rank was 21st in the Championship. Not much of a basis for delusions of grandeur is it?

I’m pleased your happy with your set up. I’m sure it will change / evolve over time too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024