Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? 09:09 - Jan 13 with 5500 viewsunbelievablue

Chance to show off here, folks.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 15:52 - Jan 13 with 689 viewsFBI

This: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ67y0SQN4g&list=RDAMVMyQ67y0SQN4g

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 15:55 - Jan 13 with 674 viewsDanTheMan

Hard to pick, there's two that spring to mind

1) Devised a way of doing "over the air" updates to an Android phone without user input. Required a lot of fairly crazy stars to align for this to work as usually the only way you can do this is if you're one of the big phone manufacturers. This wasn't for an application you could use of Play Store or anything, it was all built into the phone but still.

2) I made a tool for football scouting teams to show off their shortlists in a way that they could use day to day as well to show off to the board their scouting targets. Frank McParland said it was a tool he had "been waiting years and years for" so that was pretty cool.

Even managed to find a picture!

[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 16:03]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 16:00 - Jan 13 with 656 viewsLesta_Tractor

I designed and built the automation and telemetry system for what was the biggest windfarm in Europe.

I don't do cool stuff like that anymore 😞

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

[Redacted] on 16:14 - Jan 13 with 625 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 16:15 - Jan 13 with 633 viewsbluelagos

So I once spent an evening dancing to Happy Mondays tracks at a campsite in the Okavango delta, Botswana with some San bushmen who were tripping on some local gear they used to smoke to "relax".

It might not have strictly been "work" in the usual sense of the word but these days, who gives a fck hey?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:59 - Jan 14 with 501 viewsunbelievablue

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 16:15 - Jan 13 by bluelagos

So I once spent an evening dancing to Happy Mondays tracks at a campsite in the Okavango delta, Botswana with some San bushmen who were tripping on some local gear they used to smoke to "relax".

It might not have strictly been "work" in the usual sense of the word but these days, who gives a fck hey?

This needs a new thread entitled "most fun you've ever had at work".

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 13:49 - Jan 14 with 454 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 15:55 - Jan 13 by DanTheMan

Hard to pick, there's two that spring to mind

1) Devised a way of doing "over the air" updates to an Android phone without user input. Required a lot of fairly crazy stars to align for this to work as usually the only way you can do this is if you're one of the big phone manufacturers. This wasn't for an application you could use of Play Store or anything, it was all built into the phone but still.

2) I made a tool for football scouting teams to show off their shortlists in a way that they could use day to day as well to show off to the board their scouting targets. Frank McParland said it was a tool he had "been waiting years and years for" so that was pretty cool.

Even managed to find a picture!

[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 16:03]

Also: created a "Show Lambert the red card" campaign with Dollers, with Lambert getting sacked shortly after!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 13:53 - Jan 14 with 448 viewshoppy

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 13:49 - Jan 14 by The_Flashing_Smile

Also: created a "Show Lambert the red card" campaign with Dollers, with Lambert getting sacked shortly after!

And Dan also created the "I was there when Cole Skuse scored" artwork that I printed onto a tshirt and then managed to get signed by Cole, and sent to him.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 14:02 - Jan 14 with 425 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Went from Tesco shelf stacker to advertising creative via uni as a mature student, which I'm pretty proud of. Especially when I visit the old store and see some of the old faces still doing the same thing.

These are my two proudest bits of work for different reasons. The first because it's the first I won an award for, the second because it got a million hits on YouTube, got the company concerned into all the major supermarkets, leading to them expanding and ultimately creating jobs. The fact it was just a silly w@nk joke made it all the more satisfying.

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 14:03 - Jan 14 with 423 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 13:53 - Jan 14 by hoppy

And Dan also created the "I was there when Cole Skuse scored" artwork that I printed onto a tshirt and then managed to get signed by Cole, and sent to him.

ha, nice one

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 15:03 - Jan 14 with 390 viewsBlueNomad

Making it through the day - over and over again............................
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 15:16 - Jan 14 with 378 viewsDanTheMan

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 13:53 - Jan 14 by hoppy

Prized possession that!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 15:32 - Jan 14 with 348 viewshoppy

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 15:16 - Jan 14 by DanTheMan

Prized possession that!

Did you ever get it framed?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024