Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? 09:09 - Jan 13 with 5499 viewsunbelievablue

Chance to show off here, folks.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:09 - Jan 13 with 1617 viewssuffolkpoker

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:23 - Jan 13 by suffolkpoker

Been running my van hire for 25 years this year! 🙄

Best moments working with my dad and buying commercial sites in our home town.
We did do a big JV for 15 units about 10 years ago on BSE. That was fun and stressful.

#hirelife

Also i built 2 big affiliate gambling sites in 2008, sold them both in under 12 months for 30x each the residual income for mid 5 figures.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:10 - Jan 13 with 1615 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:05 - Jan 13 by IPS_wich

Made me think that in 10 years time someone out there will be able to reply to a similar question - ‘I leaked the garden party photo that brought down a government’…

Believe me, us gardeners see and hear it all!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:13 - Jan 13 with 1601 viewsEwan_Oozami

Without doxxing myself too much, I have two things:

- doing the aerodynamic and engineering calculations and working with the Americans and BAe in the 80s to show that if you wanted to build a supersonic fighter that could do short take-offs and land vertically, a 2-poster with wingboard roll control configuration was the optimal solution - this, after about a billion iterations, eventually led to the F-35B Lightning II

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_F-35_Lightning_II#Program_origins

- was a lead designer in the team that replaced laptops with iPhones for Openreach engineers, thus allowing them to do on average 0.5 to 0.75 more jobs per day (any Openreach engineers on here please don't @ me to give me grief as I don't work in that team any more!)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:16 - Jan 13 with 1595 viewsGuthrum

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:47 - Jan 13 by Cotty

Don't worry, it changes a lot. They've got completely different symbols on it this series as the characters have all changed. Awesome job.

The lad is 12 now and no longer into that. Tho it did get played with until the bearing wore out. Also had to reduce the clicker, for his parents' sake.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:21 - Jan 13 with 1581 viewsTractor_Buck

Taking over a successful 40 year old manufacturing business in October 2019 in a management buyout and ensuring that a) it still existed, b) I was still able to employ 18 people and c) I still had my house after the end of the first lockdown in 2020.

If I'd have known then what I know now...
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:36 - Jan 13 with 1531 views_sanctimoanious_

With a childhood friend, we were part of a team of volunteers that helped build a school near Arusha in Tanzania. The most rewarding thing anyone can do. Not been able to head back to Africa since but certainly something I'm proud of along with nearly a decade of work in the NHS in the 90s/00s before the hospital I worked in closed. Some great friends made.

oh and being called 'petal' and derided by Herbivore and the TWTD mob ranks pretty high.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:37 - Jan 13 with 1534 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I started a mammoth 10 pager whilst at work once.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:41 - Jan 13 with 1528 viewsChurchman

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:17 - Jan 13 by Swansea_Blue

Hmm, nearly an uppie but then the no pickles is a bit of a black mark. It can be done of course, but needs a special talent to pull it off (if you'll excuse the phrase).

One of the best burgers I've ever had was a homemade, but with home picked blueberries. Sounds odd, but it worked remarkably well.

I’d give it an extra uppie for no pickles. What are those things???
Login to get fewer ads

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:44 - Jan 13 with 1517 viewsfooters

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:41 - Jan 13 by Churchman

I’d give it an extra uppie for no pickles. What are those things???

Probably the best part of the burger?! Gherkins, pickles, cornichons, rollmops, pickled onions - don't care. If it's been soaked in vinegar, this correspondent will gobble it up (pickled eggs aside...).

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:47 - Jan 13 with 1501 viewsdocklandsblue

The ITFC FA CUP Anniversary show which got us an ARIAs (Radio BAFTAS) nom was a great day - I lost out to Sir Mo Farah and Joe Wicks

But this is my current favourite, amazing stories about the likes of Idles and Britney Spears.. with Ed Sheeran and some Suffolk content to land on Monday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0b8yj5b
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:49 - Jan 13 with 1499 viewsBluestar

Spilling a tray of drinks over the SLT
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:51 - Jan 13 with 1490 viewsChurchman

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:25 - Jan 13 by giant_stow

Wiping my Dad's arse without throwing up (because he could no longer reach it owing to disability*). Unfortunately, I couldn't hide my dry wretching, so only half marks, although he bravely ignored that.

Caring is an vastly underrated profession.

* i should add that he normally had carers to do this, but sometimes they were unavailable or sometimes he was just desperate for a crap or wipe when they weren't around.

Edit 2: sorry to bring to tone down.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 10:28]

No, full marks for you and massive respect too. My mum was in a care home for two and a half years and I more or less witnessed it all, but never had to help with more than a bit of marigold clearing up and that was rare.

The people that work in these places are amazing and whatever they’re paid (I know - not much) it’s many times less than it should be.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:55 - Jan 13 with 1481 viewsChurchman

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:44 - Jan 13 by footers

Probably the best part of the burger?! Gherkins, pickles, cornichons, rollmops, pickled onions - don't care. If it's been soaked in vinegar, this correspondent will gobble it up (pickled eggs aside...).

Branson pickle is a jar of joyousness and the pickled onion a thing of beauty, but the green wally in a burger? It’s a crime. Totally wrong. I’d have people that like that sort of thing sent for re-education.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 12:12 - Jan 13 with 1447 viewsChurchman

Some years ago the job I had involved doing presentations a financial services events. On one occasion, Axa sponsored it and were doing the FA Cup at the time too and brought it along for the attendees to have their pictures taken for £5 for charity.

At the end of a successful day presenting, one of the lads called me over and gave it to me to hold. I held it aloft Mick Mills style and ran my thumb over Ipswich Town 1978. It was the original one Mills had held too (there were three then). What a moment.

On a more serious note, despite doing some varied and interesting things in my time, some of which have been in the public eye, I’ve done nothing to compare with the achievements of a lot of people on here.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 12:14]
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 12:36 - Jan 13 with 1414 viewsPlums

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:48 - Jan 13 by PrideOfTheEast

Most rewarding - definitely the people development side.

Most impactful actual work has been leading on some fairly major M&A transactions - cumulatively $100bn plus now I imagine.

In this vein, receiving a text from a former team member thanking me for giving them a chance and saying it changed their life as they had just moved to a job they would only previously have dreamed about.

On a non-work side, booking a taxi on Christmas day to deliver a box of beer as a surprise to a mate who was having a tough time. He'd had to move back in with his parents and had just posted on FB how his dad had drunk all his beer on Xmas eve. It cost me a few quid but meant the world to him,

It's all about people. Anything else is superficial

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 12:43 - Jan 13 with 1400 viewsblueboyd

Not jump in front of a train when I was at my lowest. That's my best bit of work.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 12:43 - Jan 13 with 1402 viewsBlueBadger

Bloke I work with has, for the past 4 years managed to take a sh1t at precisely 10AM every day he's worked.

He once worked out what he'd been paid simply for crapping and it was quite the impressive figure/

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 13:47 - Jan 13 with 1330 viewslongtimefan

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:49 - Jan 13 by Bluestar

Was this in the garden, after work, a couple of years ago?
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 13:55 - Jan 13 with 1313 viewsIpswichKnight

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:23 - Jan 13 by ElderGrizzly

Previous role - redesigned the public school curriculum from scratch in the UAE to make it more inclusive for females and ended up driving up attainment across all genders.

Current role - all redacted…😎

While working for online travel agency being involved in IATA/Europol day of action going to Europol HQ.

Current role best piece of work is also redacted like Grizzly.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 14:17 - Jan 13 with 1295 viewsMattinLondon

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:49 - Jan 13 by Bluestar

SLT?
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 14:19 - Jan 13 with 1292 viewsEdwardStone

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 14:17 - Jan 13 by MattinLondon

SLT?

Screaming Lord Touch

Like Screaming Lord Sutch, but a bit more " handsie"
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 14:21 - Jan 13 with 1285 viewsPlums

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 12:43 - Jan 13 by BlueBadger

Bloke I work with has, for the past 4 years managed to take a sh1t at precisely 10AM every day he's worked.

He once worked out what he'd been paid simply for crapping and it was quite the impressive figure/

https://www.workpoop.com/

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 14:30 - Jan 13 with 1270 viewstractordownsouth

I once got called thick on Twitter by a former leader of UKIP

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 14:39 - Jan 13 with 1260 viewsclive_baker

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 12:43 - Jan 13 by blueboyd

Not jump in front of a train when I was at my lowest. That's my best bit of work.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 14:55 - Jan 13 with 1248 viewsbelgablue

Worked on drafting successive and concluding EU roaming regs so people could use their phones abroad without fear of returning to humongous bills.

Definitely the biggest crowd pleaser of any law I've worked on.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024