Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? 09:09 - Jan 13 with 5501 viewsunbelievablue

Chance to show off here, folks.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:39 - Jan 13 with 843 viewsCotty

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:30 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

Lots of homes in a bad state made to look nice.

In terms of craft, the best item I've made was probably this, for the young son of a friend:

Awesome! Where's the triple slop drop though? You must've modelled it on series one...
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:39 - Jan 13 with 842 viewsMookamoo

Unpaid - Helped set up a charity for Autistic Young People
Paid - Once did a poster for Jesus Jones.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:40 - Jan 13 with 832 viewsHerbivore

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:38 - Jan 13 by hoppy

I guess that's where the extra fingers comes in handy, to get the job done quicker?

Admirable job done though - well done.

Technically, his dad was responsible for the job.

In all seriousness though, being able to offer care is one of the most valuable things anyone can do. Kudos to you, Ulla.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:40 - Jan 13 with 828 viewsgiant_stow

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:38 - Jan 13 by hoppy

I guess that's where the extra fingers comes in handy, to get the job done quicker?

Admirable job done though - well done.

I was all fingers and thumbs fella!

Thanks, but hats off to the pros who do this all the time without a second thought. tough (edit!) work.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 10:42]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 818 viewshoppy

I was proud to have a brochure I'd designed for a client win the 'Brochure of the Year Award' which was quite an accolade within their industry sector, as there was a lot of competition at the time.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 815 viewsNthQldITFC

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:25 - Jan 13 by giant_stow

Wiping my Dad's arse without throwing up (because he could no longer reach it owing to disability*). Unfortunately, I couldn't hide my dry wretching, so only half marks, although he bravely ignored that.

Caring is an vastly underrated profession.

* i should add that he normally had carers to do this, but sometimes they were unavailable or sometimes he was just desperate for a crap or wipe when they weren't around.

Edit 2: sorry to bring to tone down.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 10:28]

On a similar note, popping a morphine suppository in for my dad when he was close to the end at home. A sad and painful time obviously, but his sense of humour and selflessness right to the end was and still is truly inspirational.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 815 viewsgiant_stow

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:40 - Jan 13 by Herbivore

Technically, his dad was responsible for the job.

In all seriousness though, being able to offer care is one of the most valuable things anyone can do. Kudos to you, Ulla.

ta Herbs - I think its something that alot of us will have to get used to in coming years.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:44 - Jan 13 with 805 viewsGuthrum

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:39 - Jan 13 by Cotty

Awesome! Where's the triple slop drop though? You must've modelled it on series one...

Never actually seen the show, only based on a picture I was shown in a magazine.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:45 - Jan 13 with 798 viewsgiant_stow

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:43 - Jan 13 by NthQldITFC

On a similar note, popping a morphine suppository in for my dad when he was close to the end at home. A sad and painful time obviously, but his sense of humour and selflessness right to the end was and still is truly inspirational.

Not easy to do for your own dad - played. And played to him too - sounds like he made it as easy as possible for you.

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:47 - Jan 13 with 791 viewsCotty

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:44 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

Never actually seen the show, only based on a picture I was shown in a magazine.

Don't worry, it changes a lot. They've got completely different symbols on it this series as the characters have all changed. Awesome job.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:49 - Jan 13 with 765 viewsMattinLondon

Whilst playing Sunday League football I smashed in a spectacular overhead kick.

Corner was taken with an old school near post flick-one which deceived a couple of defenders. I was around eight yards out, back to goal and following the flight of the ball I executed excellent technique to connect with the ball midair. All happened in slow motion as I heard the ball smash against the inside of the bar, bouncing violently on the line and into the roof of the net. Goalie routed to the spot.

I’d like to say that I celebrated in a low-key dignified manner but I went absolutely crazy. Collapsing in a heap near the corner flag with team mates diving up top of me - absolute scenes.

Does this count as work? I’m my professional life I’ve done nothing but somehow doing quite well.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:49 - Jan 13 with 760 viewsmrfixit426

Hmmmm...either Inception or Sunshine. Or Gravity.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:52 - Jan 13 with 745 viewsmrfixit426

Or alternatively I once slid into a tackle on Roger Osborne from about 10 yds away on a really wet pitch, couldn't stop and nearly cut him in half. Still feel bad about that.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:52 - Jan 13 with 746 viewsGavTWTD

Hmm. Nothing that I can think of.

Oh, I did make a junior hacksaw when I was at school. I still have it 35 years later and still works. Had a combination of wood and metalwork skills including lathe work, casting, tempering etc.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:54 - Jan 13 with 725 viewshoppy

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:52 - Jan 13 by GavTWTD

Hmm. Nothing that I can think of.

Oh, I did make a junior hacksaw when I was at school. I still have it 35 years later and still works. Had a combination of wood and metalwork skills including lathe work, casting, tempering etc.

What about the Great TWTD Site Upgrade of 2019? That's got to be up there, surely?

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:55 - Jan 13 with 715 viewsmrshallisfit

Having a tug in the lingerie department in the Norwich John Lewis
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:56 - Jan 13 with 709 viewsGavTWTD

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:54 - Jan 13 by hoppy

What about the Great TWTD Site Upgrade of 2019? That's got to be up there, surely?

The hacksaw works better. It has a knurled tension screw you know.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:58 - Jan 13 with 694 viewsKungfuBlue

Around 2002 I was selling software and The FA invited me in to discuss how my company could help them. The FA HQ in those days was Soho Square and I distinctly remember they had an “FA” postcode which I thought was cool. Anyway, upon arriving in reception I was asked to sign in to the guest book and I placed my name immediately below Sven Goran Ericsson’s who was there same day.

The HQ has now moved to Wembley but whilst at Soho square most meetings where conducted in the restaurant area upstairs due to a lack of available meeting rooms, the restaurant also served as the place the players would congregate ahead of any disciplinary meetings they had. Whilst sitting meeting my contacts I was surrounded by footballers all sitting waiting to be told off, basically looking like naughty school boys in the corridor outside the head masters office
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:59 - Jan 13 with 687 viewsleitrimblue

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:10 - Jan 13 by footers

This is one of those things that sounds completely made up but is so oddly specific that it can't be.

It's true, for a while in the 90,s I use to work the night shift in a pig head factory. It was such a poor job that they used to hire by the night. Anybody who wanted to work that night stood outside gates at 4:30. They then hired all their regulars and anybody else they needed for the night. Company was called pig head products. Even had a little picture of a bleeding pig head on payslip
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:59 - Jan 13 with 682 viewshoppy

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 10:56 - Jan 13 by GavTWTD

The hacksaw works better. It has a knurled tension screw you know.

I guess that could come in handy, if Phil were to press a wrong button somewhere during the other one.

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:00 - Jan 13 with 675 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I had a particularly productive work meeting in our local on New Year's eve.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:03 - Jan 13 with 659 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Back when teaching, I coached our school football team. We were a tiny half form entry primary, which means there were about 15kids per year group.

One year, I had 7 boys in year 6 in total, all of whom were into football with differing ability levels.

We had done well in the league against other local primary schools and took part in the local Danone English Schools FA cup. This is for schools of all sizes so we weren't expecting much but figured it was a nice day out of school for the boys. We won this, so qualified for the regional competition, which we also won. We then travelled to Barnet for the South East England tournament, which we won every game with a record of something like P6 W6 F14 A1.

So we travelled to St George's Park for the national final, where we won our pool and played a school from Newcastle in the final. After a 0-0 draw, we scored 2 goals in extra time to win the national championship.

I believe we are still the only 'small school' (ie 1 form enty or less') that have ever reached the national final, let alone won it. My FA medal and commemorative glass cube sits on pride of place on my desk.

Apologies for the length of this look at me post.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:04 - Jan 13 with 654 viewseireblue

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 09:47 - Jan 13 by Cotty

I have a paper in Statistical Science with over 500 citations. That is probably meaningless to almost everyone else.

If you had said, you had written statistical paper that has had an average number of citations per month of X and year on year trends put that at Y citations with a projected total approaching Z, and that puts it into the top V percentile for such papers, then maybe we could have been impressed.
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:05 - Jan 13 with 641 viewsIPS_wich

Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:00 - Jan 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

I had a particularly productive work meeting in our local on New Year's eve.

Made me think that in 10 years time someone out there will be able to reply to a similar question - ‘I leaked the garden party photo that brought down a government’…
Work - what's the best piece of 'work' you've ever done? on 11:09 - Jan 13 with 631 viewsEdwardStone

Many years ago I work in oil/gas industry

I pointed out to a pipeline company that they were just about to build an undersea pipe to a gas platform in the wrong direction

Someone had juxtaposed the numbers on the azimuth, 98 degrees from St Fergus rather than the correct 89 degrees

It probably saved them a few million if they had not corrected
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024