Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harper and El Miz 09:33 - Jan 26 with 1411 viewsFixed_It

Does Morsy's suspension mean a re-think about these 2 both going out on loan? With Evan's currently injured, Nolan currently missing presumed dead, and Carroll unlikely to play 4 back-to-back games without problems, we seem a bit light all of a sudden.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Harper and El Miz on 09:33 - Jan 26 with 1397 viewsGlasgowBlue

Fraser? Unless he goes to Swansea.

Edit. In fact I’d quite fancy Bakinson and Fraser.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 9:34]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Harper and El Miz on 09:34 - Jan 26 with 1395 viewsElderGrizzly

Assume one will have to stay. We had no cover at all last night in CM
Harper and El Miz on 09:34 - Jan 26 with 1380 viewsElderGrizzly

Harper and El Miz on 09:33 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

Fraser? Unless he goes to Swansea.

Edit. In fact I’d quite fancy Bakinson and Fraser.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 9:34]

Also currently made of glass, even before we get into the Swansea link
Harper and El Miz on 09:47 - Jan 26 with 1288 viewsGuthrum

Except that Morsy's suspension is only for another three games (less than two weeks), whereas if we miss sending those players out on loan now, they're then stuck for the entire remaining three months of the season, pretty much guaranteed to see little or no on-pitch action.

Seems to me we'd be risking their development on the off-chance Carroll might pick up another injury.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Harper and El Miz on 09:57 - Jan 26 with 1231 viewshomer_123

Harper and El Miz on 09:47 - Jan 26 by Guthrum

Except that Morsy's suspension is only for another three games (less than two weeks), whereas if we miss sending those players out on loan now, they're then stuck for the entire remaining three months of the season, pretty much guaranteed to see little or no on-pitch action.

Seems to me we'd be risking their development on the off-chance Carroll might pick up another injury.

Was thinking similar - McK seems to have shown he can get something out of a changed squad and I suspect last night showed that we could risk letting those two out on loan still - with what we have here already.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Harper and El Miz on 09:58 - Jan 26 with 1221 viewsElderGrizzly

Harper and El Miz on 09:47 - Jan 26 by Guthrum

Agree, we can't 'deprive' both of them, but Morsy is a yellow card magnet so he'll get suspended again and leave us only Evans, Carroll and Bakinson in CM.

I'm assuming Fraser is off in all this. If he stays, we can let both go on loan
Harper and El Miz on 09:59 - Jan 26 with 1201 viewsElderGrizzly

Harper and El Miz on 09:57 - Jan 26 by homer_123

Was thinking similar - McK seems to have shown he can get something out of a changed squad and I suspect last night showed that we could risk letting those two out on loan still - with what we have here already.

But we shouldn't leave ourselves short. We really need promotion and as selfish as that might appear for the club, we need the best resources available.

Both going out appears reckless, assuming we don't bring in another CM
Harper and El Miz on 10:00 - Jan 26 with 1181 viewsCrockerITFC

We have Cameron Humphreys to step in too, I'd be more inclined to play him and loan out Harper and El Miz and then sell Fraser
Login to get fewer ads

Harper and El Miz on 10:00 - Jan 26 with 1183 viewsbrazil1981

KM hinted last night there may be another be face arriving before end of transfer window…someone in this position perhaps? Ironic really, before Xmas we had too many CM players!
Harper and El Miz on 10:01 - Jan 26 with 1170 viewshomer_123

Harper and El Miz on 09:59 - Jan 26 by ElderGrizzly

But we shouldn't leave ourselves short. We really need promotion and as selfish as that might appear for the club, we need the best resources available.

Both going out appears reckless, assuming we don't bring in another CM

I wonder if another CM is indeed incoming.

Harper and El Miz on 10:02 - Jan 26 with 1152 viewsKeno

maybe they might look at

McGavin
Hughes
Heally
Cutbush
Humphrey's

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Harper and El Miz on 10:03 - Jan 26 with 1142 viewshomer_123

Harper and El Miz on 10:02 - Jan 26 by Keno

maybe they might look at

McGavin
Hughes
Heally
Cutbush
Humphrey's

What about Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb?

Harper and El Miz on 10:07 - Jan 26 with 1121 viewsjayessess

It'll only be 2 games post-window without Morsy, you'd think we could cope.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Harper and El Miz on 10:07 - Jan 26 with 1125 viewsiamipswich

Harper and El Miz on 09:57 - Jan 26 by homer_123

I'm pleased that we got the victory and managed to rest Celina, Chaplin and Bonne however do worry at how poor we were for the whole first half against a very poor Wimbledon side. Do think against the better sides that we'll face in the coming weeks, we'll struggle if we see more of Jackson playing in front of a cobbled together CM pairing.

Poll: Who will return first?

Harper and El Miz on 10:10 - Jan 26 with 1105 viewshomer_123

Harper and El Miz on 10:07 - Jan 26 by iamipswich

I'm pleased that we got the victory and managed to rest Celina, Chaplin and Bonne however do worry at how poor we were for the whole first half against a very poor Wimbledon side. Do think against the better sides that we'll face in the coming weeks, we'll struggle if we see more of Jackson playing in front of a cobbled together CM pairing.

The flip side is that under Cook and Lambert - playing like we did last night - a draw would have been the most we would have got.

We didn't play as well as we can - it wasn't great - yet 2 nil and 3 points. McK seems to be able to get a little something more from them - there are going to be games like this where we don't play well and what sets a decent team apart from a good or very good team is to grind out a result when you are not.

We did that last night - very un-Ipswich like. So I am a little less worried to be honest.

Harper and El Miz on 10:15 - Jan 26 with 1074 viewsjayessess

Wimbledon are down the wrong end of the league, but not because they lose a lot of games at Plough Lane. Wigan and Plymouth are the only other teams to go there and win.

Harper and El Miz on 10:17 - Jan 26 with 1052 viewsElderGrizzly

Harper and El Miz on 10:07 - Jan 26 by jayessess

It'll only be 2 games post-window without Morsy, you'd think we could cope.

It's how light it leaves us post-window too with risk of further suspensions for Morsy. Another red it becomes 5 games?

We need to develop our players, but promotion has to be the priority and we should take advantage of our financial muscle to keep one of them
Harper and El Miz on 10:25 - Jan 26 with 1011 viewsjayessess

Harper and El Miz on 10:17 - Jan 26 by ElderGrizzly

It's how light it leaves us post-window too with risk of further suspensions for Morsy. Another red it becomes 5 games?

We need to develop our players, but promotion has to be the priority and we should take advantage of our financial muscle to keep one of them

So, not specifically an issue with Morsy's suspension, just a general squad depth thing? I'm not sure how wise it is to carry more than 5 centre midfielders for 2 positions. There's studies that suggest that smaller groups make for more effective training sessions and better coaching outcomes. A bigger group likely means less time to work on the core group and more dissatisfied young footballers around the training ground.

Sure, if we've a genuine reason to believe that any of Morsy, Evans, Bakinson, Carroll or Fraser won't be available for most of our remaining fixtures it's worth keeping an extra body. But I don't think you can overload your midfield on the basis that a couple of them have niggles and another has disciplinary issues.

Harper and El Miz on 10:33 - Jan 26 with 957 viewsGuthrum

I don't think we will see Jackson against the better sides. Indeed, last night seems to be a case of partially resting some of the best players against weaker opposition, with a view to Sheff Wed on Saturday.

I don't actually think the CM was 'cobbled together' as such. Both of those players were hired for the positions they played in. Carroll might be the understudy and Bakinson new, but they're not just dragged in off the street. It's more an issue they simply haven't yet had time to get used to playing together.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024