Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘An Englishman’s castle is his home-and my castle begins at that gate’ 16:10 - Feb 4 with 1150 viewsZapers

Do you think Robert Hooper was entitled to overturn someone’s car because it was parked on his land?
‘An Englishman’s castle is his home-and my castle begins at that gate’ on 16:41 - Feb 4 with 1055 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think that needs a link for people to know what is being described.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tees-60260155.amp

I would be interested to know what other measures he had taken to get the car removed, but suspect that no one else would have been interested in removing it. Presumably it was an obstruction and the owner was in no fit state to push it out of the way. Makes one wonder how it got there and whether the owner was in a fit state to drive when it did!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

‘An Englishman’s castle is his home-and my castle begins at that gate’ on 16:49 - Feb 4 with 1022 viewsZapers

‘An Englishman’s castle is his home-and my castle begins at that gate’ on 16:41 - Feb 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think that needs a link for people to know what is being described.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tees-60260155.amp

I would be interested to know what other measures he had taken to get the car removed, but suspect that no one else would have been interested in removing it. Presumably it was an obstruction and the owner was in no fit state to push it out of the way. Makes one wonder how it got there and whether the owner was in a fit state to drive when it did!

Thanks for the link!
‘An Englishman’s castle is his home-and my castle begins at that gate’ on 18:00 - Feb 4 with 912 viewsVic

I watched the video and read the story just now. I can only assume there were some very strong mitigating circumstances. Fair do’s to the chap though - he wasn’t messing about. Loved the way he just shoved the car, on its side further out of his drive.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

‘An Englishman’s castle is his home-and my castle begins at that gate’ on 18:08 - Feb 4 with 896 viewsLeoMuff

‘An Englishman’s castle is his home-and my castle begins at that gate’ on 18:00 - Feb 4 by Vic

I watched the video and read the story just now. I can only assume there were some very strong mitigating circumstances. Fair do’s to the chap though - he wasn’t messing about. Loved the way he just shoved the car, on its side further out of his drive.

Sounds like the driver punched him when he asked them to move it, surprising result though you would have though they would want people to call the police first ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

‘An Englishman’s castle is his home-and my castle begins at that gate’ on 18:09 - Feb 4 with 897 viewsPendejo

Imho the farmer went a bit ott.

However, his guests seem to have inconsistent stories

The 21-year-old, who had been visiting Low Force waterfall with friends and had drunk up to seven bottles of lager, was knocked to the floor by the rails.

The car had been parked by Mr Burns' friend, Elliott Johnson, at Mr Hooper's property in Newbiggin-in-Teesdale after suffering a double puncture.

Mr Burns, who had been drinking with friends, said he was intending to walk 52 miles back to South Tyneside.

So who'd been driving when it suffered a double puncture?
As for walking 52 miles home...hmm

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

‘An Englishman’s castle is his home-and my castle begins at that gate’ on 18:09 - Feb 4 with 896 viewsfactual_blue

‘An Englishman’s castle is his home-and my castle begins at that gate’ on 18:00 - Feb 4 by Vic

The owner of the car seems the sort of sensible fellow who will now merely pursue an insurance claim for the damage, and not take the law into his own hands.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

‘An Englishman’s castle is his home-and my castle begins at that gate’ on 18:11 - Feb 4 with 880 viewsGuthrum

It wasn't just parked on his land, it appears to have been left in the end of his drive, blocking access. It's also where he works. If they genuinely had flat tyres, why didn't they push it up onto the verge - there looks to have been plenty of room there. The least they could have been was apologetic, not (as is alleged) obnoxious and violent. Let alone proceeding to get p1ssed.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

‘An Englishman’s castle is his home-and my castle begins at that gate’ on 18:23 - Feb 4 with 814 viewsbazza

Hope that farmers in the queens New Years honours list.. should get a knighthood, little scumbag deserved what he got.
Login to get fewer ads

‘An Englishman’s castle is his home-and my castle begins at that gate’ on 19:01 - Feb 4 with 722 viewsRyorry

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

‘An Englishman’s castle is his home-and my castle begins at that gate’ on 19:23 - Feb 4 with 679 viewsSwansea_Blue

“ Mr Burns, who had been drinking with friends, said he was intending to walk 52 miles back to South Tyneside.”

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024