Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham 22:21 - Feb 5 with 4050 viewsGarv

Very much mixed emotions;

- The fan is a total cock
- Feel sorry for Pell
- Also feel Pell deserved it
- Feel sorry for Accy
- Also feel Accy deserved it
- Wish the other players hadn't held back Pell when he tried to chase the fan

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 22:45 - Feb 5 with 3809 viewsMattinLondon

I haven’t seen the incident but why did Pell deserve to be assaulted?
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 22:46 - Feb 5 with 3781 viewsistanblue

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 22:45 - Feb 5 by MattinLondon

Cos he's a sh!thouse
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 22:53 - Feb 5 with 3726 viewsMattinLondon

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 22:46 - Feb 5 by istanblue

Cos he's a sh!thouse

If that’s a legitimate reason for a player to be assaulted then matches will be played behind closed doors.

Edit. Just went on the Rotherham forum - only read a few posts - but they were all disgusted with the behaviour of the two fans. None mentioned anything about the Stanley player deserving it.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 23:04]
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 22:54 - Feb 5 with 3724 viewsSarge

Haven’t seen it, but whatever it was it couldn’t have happened to a nicer club. To read that the penalty was then missed is excellent stuff.
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 23:37 - Feb 5 with 3440 viewsGarv

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 22:45 - Feb 5 by MattinLondon

Please excuse my very tongue in cheek comment.

It wasn't an assault, but he didn't deserve it either way. I was referring more to the missing of the penalty, and the fact Stanley tend to leave a bitter taste whenever we play them.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 23:57 - Feb 5 with 3310 viewsMattinLondon

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 23:37 - Feb 5 by Garv

It wasn't an assault, but he didn't deserve it either way. I was referring more to the missing of the penalty, and the fact Stanley tend to leave a bitter taste whenever we play them.

Oh ok.
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 00:16 - Feb 6 with 3244 viewsIllinoisblue

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 22:53 - Feb 5 by MattinLondon

If that’s a legitimate reason for a player to be assaulted then matches will be played behind closed doors.

Edit. Just went on the Rotherham forum - only read a few posts - but they were all disgusted with the behaviour of the two fans. None mentioned anything about the Stanley player deserving it.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 23:04]

fans seem angrier now…. Pitch invasion from Oldham at Scunthorpe, Morecambe game suspended because of Bolton fans, the Rotherham Accy thing, Col U fans racially abusing a Leyton Orient player, Man Utd fans racially abusing their own player… all in one weekend.

At some point soon there’ll be consequences

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 03:28 - Feb 6 with 3023 viewsKievthegreat

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 00:16 - Feb 6 by Illinoisblue

fans seem angrier now…. Pitch invasion from Oldham at Scunthorpe, Morecambe game suspended because of Bolton fans, the Rotherham Accy thing, Col U fans racially abusing a Leyton Orient player, Man Utd fans racially abusing their own player… all in one weekend.

While it seems the Bolton fans were throwing stuff at the Morecambe keeper, wasn't the game suspended because the Morecambe fans were abusing the Bolton bench? Allegedly it was racist abuse according to Twitter, Morecambe's statement just says allegations will be investigated.
Login to get fewer ads

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 07:37 - Feb 6 with 2731 viewsChurchman

Looking back there was plenty of unpleasant stuff in the 70s/80s, some of it a lot more heavy duty than this weekend. However, that’s no justification and you are right. Angry, numbskull behaviour seems to be on the rise.

I struggle to understand what’s wrong with people tbh. Why would you run on a pitch to get in the face of a player, boot the ball away, abuse somebody over a football match? I think players are pretty tolerant on the whole and I’m surprised there’s not been more Cantona style incidents.

More cctv, people being held to account, banning orders, criminal records, perpetrators’ time taken from them in jail or out of it. Regardless action will be required at some point.
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 08:03 - Feb 6 with 2614 viewsSharkey

Will you simply be correcting this , or apologizing and correcting it ?
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 08:49 - Feb 6 with 2433 viewsWickets

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 23:37 - Feb 5 by Garv

What did Holt have to say will any Rotherham player get a 4 match ban resulting from his comments ?
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 09:09 - Feb 6 with 2320 viewsGeoffSentence

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 08:49 - Feb 6 by Wickets

What did Holt have to say will any Rotherham player get a 4 match ban resulting from his comments ?

John Coleman says that the game should have been abandoned because of the incident.

Which would have been very convenient for them given they were a goal down in the last minute and missed the penalty.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 09:17 - Feb 6 with 2280 viewsMattinLondon

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 07:37 - Feb 6 by Churchman

Looking back there was plenty of unpleasant stuff in the 70s/80s, some of it a lot more heavy duty than this weekend. However, that’s no justification and you are right. Angry, numbskull behaviour seems to be on the rise.

I struggle to understand what’s wrong with people tbh. Why would you run on a pitch to get in the face of a player, boot the ball away, abuse somebody over a football match? I think players are pretty tolerant on the whole and I’m surprised there’s not been more Cantona style incidents.

More cctv, people being held to account, banning orders, criminal records, perpetrators’ time taken from them in jail or out of it. Regardless action will be required at some point.

I wouldn’t say that players are tolerant of the abuse directed at them but more numb to it. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of players actually enjoyed playing during lockdown - get to the stadium, play football and then leave without hundreds of arseholes spoiling it for them.
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 09:18 - Feb 6 with 2281 viewsGeoffSentence

This thread prompted me to have a look at the Rotherham forum. Fwck me if it isn't a near mirror of this board after our game with AS.

Well used words and phrases include, spoiling, cheating, diving, in the refs ear, lost respect for Accrington. It goes on.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 09:24 - Feb 6 with 2238 viewsWeWereZombies

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 07:37 - Feb 6 by Churchman

I think some of this may be down to coming out of lockdowns and other COVID-19 restrictions, most people are a bit cranky (I know, shouldn't judge others by myself, should I?) and overwound at the moment, maybe comparable to the 'phoney war' phase in 1939 and early 1940 when young men became so badly behaved that Churchill gave instructions for counter measures. Obviously our times are not so perilous at the moment (unless you are extremely at risk) but it could well be a symptom of a deeper malaise that also exhibits itself outside football.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 09:27 - Feb 6 with 2191 views_sanctimoanious_

You need to be taking the highest moral high ground on everything my friend. A frivolous tongue in cheek comment on such a grave matter will see you condemned to eternity.
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 09:36 - Feb 6 with 2125 viewsJimmy86

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 09:18 - Feb 6 by GeoffSentence

This thread prompted me to have a look at the Rotherham forum. Fwck me if it isn't a near mirror of this board after our game with AS.

Well used words and phrases include, spoiling, cheating, diving, in the refs ear, lost respect for Accrington. It goes on.

The bottom paragraph reminds me of "plucky little" Bournemouth, when they were in the championship under Eddie Howe.. difference between them and Stanley is that they could play football..

Stanley are fast becoming disliked by a lot of opposition teams... as for Pell, yes encroachment onto the field of play is disgraceful and should be dealt with, but he takes delight in winding up opposition players and then loves to play victim.. bloke is a tool!!
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 09:43 - Feb 6 with 2074 viewsMattinLondon

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 09:36 - Feb 6 by Jimmy86

The bottom paragraph reminds me of "plucky little" Bournemouth, when they were in the championship under Eddie Howe.. difference between them and Stanley is that they could play football..

Stanley are fast becoming disliked by a lot of opposition teams... as for Pell, yes encroachment onto the field of play is disgraceful and should be dealt with, but he takes delight in winding up opposition players and then loves to play victim.. bloke is a tool!!

But who cares about opposition fans? I’d much rather Ipswich be completely disliked by other fans but successful than being everyone’s second team and not be half as good.
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 09:47 - Feb 6 with 2054 viewsPassionNotAnger

When did Col U fans racially abuse an Orient player?

If you are referring to something at this weekend game an Orient fan has been arrested on suspicion of racial abuse following complaints from someone on Col U’s subs bench?

Might want to be a bit more careful with your allegations
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 10:01 - Feb 6 with 1990 viewsSharkey

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 09:18 - Feb 6 by GeoffSentence

On the other hand , phone footage of the incident shows how ridiculously long Pell was waiting to take that penalty even before the bloke barged into him . Rotherham players did everything to delay the kick, ( presumably to try to unsettle Pell) and it’s another thing I wish the league could get a grip on.
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 10:18 - Feb 6 with 1923 viewsBrentwoodBlagger2

Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 10:01 - Feb 6 by Sharkey

On the other hand , phone footage of the incident shows how ridiculously long Pell was waiting to take that penalty even before the bloke barged into him . Rotherham players did everything to delay the kick, ( presumably to try to unsettle Pell) and it’s another thing I wish the league could get a grip on.

Totally agree - Rotherham are as bad as Stanley for their antics. Fans incidents are increasing weekly regarding encroachments, racial abuse and more regularly now violence inside the ground. There's footage of Huddersfield v Stoke recently where Stoke fans have broken through police/stewards cordon to get at the Huddersfield fans. It was similar to the 70's and 80's stuff that went on, even at PR.
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 11:13 - Feb 6 with 1778 viewskeighleyblue

someone tell de Pfeffel Johnson that.
Harry Pell incident at Rotherham on 11:21 - Feb 6 with 1746 viewsTheBlueGnu

Fans do indeed seem angrier. What is needed is someone calm, lovely, and happy to talk to them and put them in a better place. My suggestion for that person would be Barbara Knox.

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024