Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Burnham nails it on question time last night 08:32 - Feb 18 with 2753 viewsbluelagos

Answering the question on the Post Office scandal that saw many ordinary post office owners jailed after prosecutions for theft which was no more than an accounting software error.

Broken families, lost businesses, public shaming, prison and a number of suicides...yet the lack of accountability for those responsible for those prosecutions is breathtaking yet as ever, not surprising.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Andy Burnham nails it on question time last night on 06:12 - Feb 19 with 481 viewssolomon

He’s the kind of politician we need right now, he’s one of the few who can give a voice to the many and bring about real change for those who need it most. It’s a dream worth dreaming
Andy Burnham nails it on question time last night on 08:53 - Feb 19 with 418 viewsChrisd

Andy Burnham nails it on question time last night on 18:51 - Feb 18 by jas0999

Burnham is fantastic. Really understands people and what’s important. A good guy.

Exactly the type of character Labour are lacking in Starmer. Feel if Burnham was the party leader he’d get far more instant support from Joe Public, he’s far more relatable and appears to have a better empathy and connection. The outcome of the next GE would be a forgone conclusion and I think the Tories would be more concerned and feel more threatened than they are currently. Still believe Labour are missing a trick hanging on to Starmer.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 8:57]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Andy Burnham nails it on question time last night on 08:59 - Feb 19 with 408 viewsnoggin

Andy Burnham nails it on question time last night on 08:53 - Feb 19 by Chrisd

Exactly the type of character Labour are lacking in Starmer. Feel if Burnham was the party leader he’d get far more instant support from Joe Public, he’s far more relatable and appears to have a better empathy and connection. The outcome of the next GE would be a forgone conclusion and I think the Tories would be more concerned and feel more threatened than they are currently. Still believe Labour are missing a trick hanging on to Starmer.

Spot on.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Andy Burnham nails it on question time last night on 09:25 - Feb 19 with 386 viewstractordownsouth

Andy Burnham nails it on question time last night on 11:10 - Feb 18 by Darth_Koont

Tend to agree. He’s light years from Starmer’s (middle) manager for managed decline. You get the feeling Burnham would actually push a vision and do something.

Important to remember that he was considered too far to the left for the powers that be at the top of the party back in 2015.

Although I suspect “too far to the left” is him wanting to be a representative politician and not being interested in trading power and influence for money and a career. Which threatens too many people on the Labour Right.

The stuff about party HQ may be correct but his 2015 campaign on the whole was very very bland. I like him and Cooper but they carried on with the Miliband over-triangulation which ultimately ended up gifting the leadership to JC. KS’s platform now (ban zero hours, MH appointments within a month, £30bn green investment, reverse UC and NI changes) is more progressive. Particularly on welfare, the 2015 leadership candidates were too timid to make a big deal of standing up against what Cameron and Osborne were doing.

IMO the right place to be is a middle ground between 2015 triangulation and Corbynism.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Andy Burnham nails it on question time last night on 09:25 - Feb 19 with 386 viewsRyorry

Andy Burnham nails it on question time last night on 08:53 - Feb 19 by Chrisd

The last I heard/read from Burnham on the subject, he didn't want the Labour leader gig, said he was committed to Manchester. If he changed his mind I'd agree with you 100%.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Andy Burnham nails it on question time last night on 11:21 - Feb 19 with 337 viewsSwansea_Blue

Andy Burnham nails it on question time last night on 09:30 - Feb 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Full story here:

https://www.private-eye.co.uk/pictures/special_reports/justice-lost-in-the-post.

I was vaguely aware, but had never read in detail about the dishonesty and scale of the coverup. Awful stuff. Those responsible deserve lengthy jail sentences for ruining lives and livelihoods. Doubt that’ll happen though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Andy Burnham nails it on question time last night on 14:12 - Feb 21 with 258 viewsbluelagos

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024