Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quite the manifesto 10:05 - Apr 6 with 3428 viewsGuthrum

Published in Russian state-owned media, an article by a pro-Moscow Ukrainian 'political technologist' in exile on his vision for the future of the country. Which, if it reflects official thoughts and intentions, is pretty hair-raising. Here translated by Ukrainian activists:

https://medium.com/@kravchenko_mm/what-should-russia-do-with-ukraine-translation

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Quite the manifesto on 18:03 - Apr 7 with 1082 viewsKropotkin123

Quite the manifesto on 08:15 - Apr 7 by Churchman

I don’t disagree with you and what you say is backed by the Pentagon bloke earlier.

The problem I have with this for me is that if you take the Pentagon’s don’t want to escalate, want them to negotiate, anything but confrontation, the only solution is for Ukraine to cave in and quickly. Give Putin what he wants. Where does that leave us? Waiting for the next one.

Putin isn’t going to stop. It’s the one certainty. He doesn’t do restraint and or holding back. At some point he has to be made to understand there are consequences. There are no consequences for him at the moment. 1000s of lives have been lost. Since when did that animal care about that? Sanctions? Window dressing that do nothing bar making a few shiny politicians and a crumpled one with a toddler haircut feel better about their ineptness.

But for nuclear weapons, there would have been intervention by NATO (the US). Putin now knows the west will never use them, we believe Russia will. His pre war threat was taken seriously and worked. The west’s nuclear deterrent is basically in the bin.

One thing we do know is that non nuclear military Russia is not as strong as people, including me, thought. He will be a lot stronger in a few years time when we have all this again. I guess that’s why I’m quite bullish and to be self critical here, I accept it’s easy for me to be that way when my rear end is no longer on the line or the one who makes the decisions.

"He will be a lot stronger in a few years time when we have all this again." - I don't think so. Some of their best units have taken massive losses, which means they aren't going to be around to train others. General's have been systematically targeted. People aren't confident to bring about reform in the country and that extends to the military too. Add to this that Russia has a declining population, so getting people of military age becomes more and more difficult, and they'll have to support the elderly with less people, which means more money diverted away from reforming the army. If more educated people have the opportunity to leave the country, it could lead to a further collapse economically.

Sanctions shouldn't be lifted until all Ukrainian and Georgian territories are returned to Ukraine and Georgia respectfully, to maximize the impact upon Russia rebuilding it's military.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Quite the manifesto on 20:19 - Apr 7 with 1035 viewsGuthrum

Quite the manifesto on 17:21 - Apr 7 by positivity

89 mentions of "nazi" in one article, bizarre and chilling in equal amount

Add to that the use of "Banderites", which refers to the followers of Stepan Bandera, a Ukrainian fascist leader who sided with the nazis in attacking the Soviets (and the Poles). Thus is another code-word for "nazi" in Russian parlance.

Quite the manifesto on 21:05 - Apr 7 with 1011 viewsPlums

Quite the manifesto on 13:09 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

They forget that the Soviet Union were actually allies of the Nazis until Hitler turned Germany’s fire on them.

Because the Soviet dream collapsed, the Russian hierarchy can no longer pretend that the Second World War for them was anything other than about the defeat of Nazism. According to some commentators they have literally been rewriting history for the past couple of decades.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Quite the manifesto on 22:17 - Apr 7 with 970 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Quite the manifesto on 20:19 - Apr 7 by Guthrum

Add to that the use of "Banderites", which refers to the followers of Stepan Bandera, a Ukrainian fascist leader who sided with the nazis in attacking the Soviets (and the Poles). Thus is another code-word for "nazi" in Russian parlance.

Long before this years war started 2022 had been announced as a Bandera year in Ukraine. He has got his monuments and streets of his name in the Ukrainian cities.

I am glad you have put this post as Bandera was a true evil in a mans skin. Him and Ukrainian Banderities are among the biggest beasts to have ever lived on this planet. They murdered tens of thousands Poles during the WW II.

Therefore Poland and Ukraine have never been friendly to each other and it won't change. Yes the refugees keep coming in but that doesn't mean that the past is forgotten.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesofisrael.com/hundreds-of-ukrainian-nationa

Loads of Ukrainians keep glorifying this evil and waving his organisation's black and red flags.
Quite the manifesto on 01:25 - Apr 8 with 915 viewsjeera

Quite the manifesto on 00:14 - Apr 7 by Guthrum

I'm not talking about confusion over targets. The soldiers get into a state of mind (paranoia, even) where they believe all civilians are fighting against them as much as the opposing troops. Discipline and professionalism collapse, they then lash out and start deliberately killing, abusing and raping non-combatants.

An illustration: In 1870, during the Franco-Prussian War, un-uniformed guerilla fighters named Francs-Tireurs took pot-shots at the invading German troops. 44 years later, in the confused and fluid opening weeks of the First World War, German forces moving through Belgium and northern France came under attack from unexpected directions (by regular troops). Once again, the cry of "Francs-Tireurs" went up and atrocities happened. Including, famously, the Burning of Louvain.

Over-emotive reply on an emotive matter.

[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 16:03]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Quite the manifesto on 09:29 - Apr 8 with 849 viewsGuthrum

Quite the manifesto on 22:17 - Apr 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

Long before this years war started 2022 had been announced as a Bandera year in Ukraine. He has got his monuments and streets of his name in the Ukrainian cities.

I am glad you have put this post as Bandera was a true evil in a mans skin. Him and Ukrainian Banderities are among the biggest beasts to have ever lived on this planet. They murdered tens of thousands Poles during the WW II.

Therefore Poland and Ukraine have never been friendly to each other and it won't change. Yes the refugees keep coming in but that doesn't mean that the past is forgotten.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesofisrael.com/hundreds-of-ukrainian-nationa

Loads of Ukrainians keep glorifying this evil and waving his organisation's black and red flags.

Indeed.

Still honoured* for fighting against the Soviets, but his enthusiastic working with the nazis, killing of Poles and violent antisemitism is swept under the carpet.

On the other hand, parts or most of Ukraine has been Polish (or Polish-Lithuanian) at various times, so there is a link there as well as the animosity. Plus there is the mutual history of Russian rule and cultural repression.

* Made a "Hero of Ukraine" in 2010, the award was revoked on a technicality, annulled and a proposal to reinstate it only defeated as late as 2019.

Quite the manifesto on 14:43 - Apr 8 with 807 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Quite the manifesto on 09:29 - Apr 8 by Guthrum

Indeed.

Still honoured* for fighting against the Soviets, but his enthusiastic working with the nazis, killing of Poles and violent antisemitism is swept under the carpet.

On the other hand, parts or most of Ukraine has been Polish (or Polish-Lithuanian) at various times, so there is a link there as well as the animosity. Plus there is the mutual history of Russian rule and cultural repression.

* Made a "Hero of Ukraine" in 2010, the award was revoked on a technicality, annulled and a proposal to reinstate it only defeated as late as 2019.

Take city of Lviv for example. Amazing historical city. Prior to the WW II it had always been 100% Polish city.

Loads of things are being swept under the carpet regarding the Ukrainian banderities. It is somewhat a civil war in Ukraine but the media won't tell you that. It's not only Russia that is solely at fault for this hell. Seen the number of videos with the Ukrainian people crying and saying that it's the Ukrainian army that is shooting at them.

The country is divided and Bandera got millions of supporters. That is why Poland is also divided regarding the help for the refugees. Ask number of Poles about Russia and Ukraine and their answer is going to be: 'same s**t, same soviet s**t.

Volyn massacre for example yet Bandera is still honoured by many Ukrainians.
Quite the manifesto on 22:46 - Apr 8 with 731 viewsRyorry

Quite the manifesto on 17:21 - Apr 7 by positivity

89 mentions of "nazi" in one article, bizarre and chilling in equal amount

Reminds me of an absolutely chilling docu aired on R4Xtra last week about 1920s "debs" "finishing" their "education" in late 1930s Nazi Germany.

Most of them living with hosts who were nazis seemed completely blind & oblivious as to what was going on underneath their noses. Only the one who was hosted by a Prussian (anti-nazi) family had some awareness.

The most shockingly fascinating recollection was of one 90+ yr old who'd had a meal out in the company of 3 others - Hitler, Rudolf Hess & Unity Mitford. She described Hitler as "charming" & highly intelligent.

Edit - forgot the link -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00sp452
[Post edited 8 Apr 2022 22:48]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024