Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You’ll all come around 15:40 - Apr 9 with 9016 viewschicoazul

to my way of thinking when it comes to Morsy soon.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

You’ll all come around on 15:47 - Apr 22 with 785 viewsEly_Blue

You’ll all come around on 15:21 - Apr 22 by itfcjoe

In the league, he has played the equivalent of 361 games over 13 seasons, has been booked 103 teams and sent off 7 times

So in a 46 games season he would, on average, be booked 13 times and sent off 0.9 times.

So the reality is he won't ever play a 46 game season as he will miss games through suspension!

Not sure where you guys are getting your stats from but I can’t see where he has a red card in “nearly every season he has played”

I make it 4 in 11 seasons

https://footystats.org/players/egypt/sam-morsy

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

You’ll all come around on 16:00 - Apr 22 with 768 viewsitfcjoe

You’ll all come around on 15:47 - Apr 22 by Ely_Blue

Not sure where you guys are getting your stats from but I can’t see where he has a red card in “nearly every season he has played”

https://fbref.com/en/players/a23c0949/Sam-Morsy

If you look at the 'leaderboard' section at the bottom as well it shows that he was second in the Champ for yellows in 18/19 (14), 4th in 19/20 (12), only played 25 games in 20/21 and is 10th in L1 in 21/22 with 11 (despite only playing 32 games)

He's also been in the top 7 for fouls committed in 7 of the last 8 seasons

I said 7 reds in equivalent of 360 games which works out 0.9 per 46 games, not one in every season

He isn't a player who is that clever and doesn't get caught, you just have to accept he'll miss 2-3 games each season suspended, and hopefully not 7!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

You’ll all come around on 16:23 - Apr 22 with 724 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You’ll all come around on 15:47 - Apr 22 by Ely_Blue

Firstly you can’t count as there is 5 listed on that link, and secondly it’s incomplete as according to that he never played any games in the league prior to 2014

He’s had 7 reds in his career, which as itfcjoe correctly points out averages one for a full seasons worth of games played

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

You’ll all come around on 18:39 - Apr 22 with 656 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You’ll all come around on 15:08 - Apr 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Once again, that information is nonsense though. In reality he’s actually been suspended a lot, and has received a red in most seasons he’s played - that info suggests the suspensions he’s received here are rather par for the course with Morsy and will likely continue barring a change in the way he plays

Probably best not to label others ignorant when regurgitating made up facts

Taking Ely's stats or Joe's, my point still stands. 7 reds in his career isn't ideal but not amongst the worst offenders either. Chico's thrust is Morsy is a liability, which I disagree with. I'd rather have him in my team and deal with the odd suspension when it comes than try to temper his game (or get rid).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

You’ll all come around on 18:49 - Apr 22 with 653 viewsDyland

This is the worst thread that keeps popping to the top, well done Chickers sweetcheeks you div. Deleting it now x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

You’ll all come around on 19:07 - Apr 22 with 643 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You’ll all come around on 18:39 - Apr 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Taking Ely's stats or Joe's, my point still stands. 7 reds in his career isn't ideal but not amongst the worst offenders either. Chico's thrust is Morsy is a liability, which I disagree with. I'd rather have him in my team and deal with the odd suspension when it comes than try to temper his game (or get rid).

You what? 7 red cards is loads, to put that in context since the PL was formed the most any player has received is 8, and Morsy is only 30
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 19:07]

You’ll all come around on 22:23 - Apr 22 with 598 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You’ll all come around on 19:07 - Apr 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

You what? 7 red cards is loads, to put that in context since the PL was formed the most any player has received is 8, and Morsy is only 30
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 19:07]

Football didn't start in 1992. You can pick out any stats to make your point. Denis Wise got 4 reds in one season.

You’ll all come around on 07:19 - Apr 23 with 553 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

You’ll all come around on 22:23 - Apr 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Football didn't start in 1992. You can pick out any stats to make your point. Denis Wise got 4 reds in one season.

Dennis Wise received 6 red cards in his whole career…

Login to get fewer ads

You’ll all come around on 07:21 - Apr 23 with 546 viewsNthQldITFC

Christ! Is this f post pinned with an invisible f pin or something?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

You’ll all come around on 08:32 - Apr 23 with 511 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You’ll all come around on 07:21 - Apr 23 by NthQldITFC

Christ! Is this f post pinned with an invisible f pin or something?

No Chickers revived it because Morsy violently assaulted an oppo player last weekend and he thinks it backs him up.

You’ll all come around on 09:05 - Apr 23 with 480 viewsNBVJohn

You’ll all come around on 15:44 - Apr 9 by chicoazul

14 yellows in 32 games is ridiculous head gone nonsense. For our skipper and as you rightly say such a good player, we need much more.

We’ve always done score predictions in our house.

Now we do - in which minute of the game does Morsy get booked - predictions too.

Great player but his discipline is a massive Achilles heel both for him and the team.
You’ll all come around on 11:12 - Apr 23 with 451 viewschicoazul

You’ll all come around on 13:47 - Apr 22 by Ely_Blue

Despite it being pointed out to you that in his previous 11 seasons since breaking into professional football that he has only been banned for 6 games in TOTAL, you still continue with this narrative based on the anomaly that is this season.

If he was a striker that we were looking to sign and you swapped the yellow cards/suspensions for goals you’d say this season was an anomaly and that it shouldn’t be taken as how he has performed over his entire career.

Face it you don’t like the guy and you’re trying to find an excuse to meet your narrative!

If at this point next season he has been banned for 7 games again and it has adversely affected our season then you maybe viewed differently for your opinion.

Hopefully you’ve done some reflecting on this.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

You’ll all come around on 11:14 - Apr 23 with 449 viewschicoazul

You’ll all come around on 18:49 - Apr 22 by Dyland

This is the worst thread that keeps popping to the top, well done Chickers sweetcheeks you div. Deleting it now x

Sorry luv.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024