Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How about a change of tactics? 14:48 - Apr 16 with 3107 viewsArnieM

You know, trying two up front!

We’re so bloody predictable. And no this is not a post from the Cook or Lambert era….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

How about a change of tactics? on 22:41 - Apr 16 with 936 viewsreusersfreekicks

How about a change of tactics? on 17:07 - Apr 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

I wonder when McKenna gets questioned. Both him and Cook seem to have no plan B. All fine though when plan A works.

We barely create any chances and it becomes very annoying. No I am not asking for sacking McKenna. I am actually giving him a benefit of doubt as he may need his own players to bring in. First signs regarding his own players are worrying though as it was McKenna who brought Thompson to the club. How bloody terrible this player is.

Furthermore, 4 months on the training pitch and our set-pieces remain diabolical.

I just want us to create chances, score goals and win ugly when required. Becoming sick of this one system and passing football. Just be flexible McKenna !

Fecking state of this
How about a change of tactics? on 23:40 - Apr 16 with 904 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

How about a change of tactics? on 22:13 - Apr 16 by Romeo4

Celina continues to underwhelm. Occasional flashes of quality is not enough. Really need him to effect games more consistently.

You may want to take a look at Celinas Stats.Not just the 6 goals and 5 assists. Look at the Xa Dribbles completed. He is the best footballer at the club and its not even close imo. If he was able to produce 10/10s every game he wouldn't be in league one. But your point about him not effecting games is wrong.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

How about a change of tactics? on 07:47 - Apr 17 with 841 viewsRomeo4

How about a change of tactics? on 23:40 - Apr 16 by TRUE_BLUE123

You may want to take a look at Celinas Stats.Not just the 6 goals and 5 assists. Look at the Xa Dribbles completed. He is the best footballer at the club and its not even close imo. If he was able to produce 10/10s every game he wouldn't be in league one. But your point about him not effecting games is wrong.

I agree he’s a good footballer and he’s contributed at times this season. I’m sure the stats are correct. I just feel that when we’ve really needed our talisman to step up and begin to dominate games more it hasn’t happened.

Maybe that’s why he leaves me frustrated a lot of the time. I know he has the ability but just doesn’t effect things as much as I’d like. When he’s not creating he becomes a bit of a passenger imo.

I do agree with your point about L1 players. We all want perfect players but there’s a reason why most of them are not playing higher up.
How about a change of tactics? on 09:02 - Apr 17 with 813 viewsblueislander

How about a change of tactics? on 07:47 - Apr 17 by Romeo4

I agree he’s a good footballer and he’s contributed at times this season. I’m sure the stats are correct. I just feel that when we’ve really needed our talisman to step up and begin to dominate games more it hasn’t happened.

Maybe that’s why he leaves me frustrated a lot of the time. I know he has the ability but just doesn’t effect things as much as I’d like. When he’s not creating he becomes a bit of a passenger imo.

I do agree with your point about L1 players. We all want perfect players but there’s a reason why most of them are not playing higher up.

It has been said before that if Morsy is ineffective then the whole team suffers, and that was certainly the case yesterday. Credit to Rotherham who outnumbered us in midfield though. I can’t agree about Celina . There is no doubting his talent, and I recognise that he will have games when things don’t come off for him, but there have been too many games when his contribution his been minimal.
How about a change of tactics? on 09:58 - Apr 17 with 803 viewsRomeo4

How about a change of tactics? on 09:02 - Apr 17 by blueislander

It has been said before that if Morsy is ineffective then the whole team suffers, and that was certainly the case yesterday. Credit to Rotherham who outnumbered us in midfield though. I can’t agree about Celina . There is no doubting his talent, and I recognise that he will have games when things don’t come off for him, but there have been too many games when his contribution his been minimal.

Yesterday’s game changed the moment Barlaser came on and they changed their set up. Before then Morsy and Bakinson were dominating. It was the first time I really called into question McKenna’s tactics. I thought El Miz or even Carroll should’ve been introduced to counter their dominance in the centre. It would’ve been Celina I would’ve hooked at that point.

All that said, I am fully behind McKenna. I think he’ll be learning a lot about our players and management in general. Let’s hope he identifies our frailties and is able to address them for next season.
How about a change of tactics? on 11:02 - Apr 17 with 780 viewsJammyDodgerrr

How about a change of tactics? on 18:50 - Apr 16 by J4ck22

Ah yes, the tactical genius of simply playing with two strikers instead of one is what we're missing...

Imagine what happens when they find out Pep hasn't played with any strikers for two seasons.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

How about a change of tactics? on 11:14 - Apr 17 with 770 viewsFrimleyBlue

How about a change of tactics? on 11:02 - Apr 17 by JammyDodgerrr

Imagine what happens when they find out Pep hasn't played with any strikers for two seasons.

Helps when you still end up with 4 attacking players in and around the box.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

How about a change of tactics? on 15:21 - Apr 17 with 734 viewsitfcjoe

How about a change of tactics? on 23:40 - Apr 16 by TRUE_BLUE123

Just been shown a stat from yesterday, the person who passed the ball most to Celina yesterday was Baggott with 8 - but in the second half Baggott, Morsy or Bakinson didn’t complete a single pass to him. We just could not move the ball out of midfield so what is he expected to do?

Only completed 1 pass into box (average is 3.88)
0 shot assists (average is 2)
22 passes (average is 43)

The problem clearly in the phase before him, but it’s still seen as his fault which seems a bit harsh

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

How about a change of tactics? on 15:27 - Apr 17 with 718 viewsFrimleyBlue

How about a change of tactics? on 15:21 - Apr 17 by itfcjoe

Just been shown a stat from yesterday, the person who passed the ball most to Celina yesterday was Baggott with 8 - but in the second half Baggott, Morsy or Bakinson didn’t complete a single pass to him. We just could not move the ball out of midfield so what is he expected to do?

The problem clearly in the phase before him, but it’s still seen as his fault which seems a bit harsh

He could have moved away from the covering marker, probably would have helped a bit tbh rather than walking around waiting for the ball to come to his feet.

Wasn't just him btw

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

How about a change of tactics? on 16:57 - Apr 17 with 679 viewsRomeo4

How about a change of tactics? on 15:21 - Apr 17 by itfcjoe

That was the point I was trying to make above. Yesterday’s game was crying out for an extra body in midfield after Barlaser came in for them. For once I think McKenna got it wrong not to change it.

The point on Celina is that he just doesn’t effect games enough for me. If he’s not getting the ball in the right areas then that’s either a failing of the system or he’s the wrong player for that role.
How about a change of tactics? on 17:13 - Apr 17 with 667 viewsitfcjoe

How about a change of tactics? on 16:57 - Apr 17 by Romeo4

That was the point I was trying to make above. Yesterday’s game was crying out for an extra body in midfield after Barlaser came in for them. For once I think McKenna got it wrong not to change it.

The point on Celina is that he just doesn’t effect games enough for me. If he’s not getting the ball in the right areas then that’s either a failing of the system or he’s the wrong player for that role.

I think pretty clear it was a system failure yesterday, and agree with first para that McK needed to do something to change it - and didn’t.

Feels a big overreaction to yesterday to me, it’s the first game we’ve lost the xG battle in since Sheff Weds - we will get it wrong sometimes

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How about a change of tactics? on 17:20 - Apr 17 with 662 viewsRomeo4

How about a change of tactics? on 17:13 - Apr 17 by itfcjoe

I think pretty clear it was a system failure yesterday, and agree with first para that McK needed to do something to change it - and didn’t.

Feels a big overreaction to yesterday to me, it’s the first game we’ve lost the xG battle in since Sheff Weds - we will get it wrong sometimes

Yes completely agree Joe. I think some folks are doom-mongering a bit prematurely after yesterday. McKenna’s hardly put a foot wrong since he’s arrived. He will have learned a lot from yesterday’s performance. I’m sure he will have plans to address things in the summer.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 17:21]
How about a change of tactics? on 17:43 - Apr 17 with 640 viewsDJR

The second half was the first time something like this had happened under McKenna but he is still new to being a manager, managing at this level and being the ultimate decision-maker, so I have no doubt he will learn from the experience. Keep the faith.
How about a change of tactics? on 20:49 - Apr 17 with 600 viewsMillsey

We need you as our manager with your expertise 😉
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024