Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What if we kept the same squad? 11:51 - Apr 21 with 1075 viewsjayessess

If we lined up for 2022-23 with exactly the same squad, including loanees, with no new additions apart from returning loanees, where do you think we would finish after a McKenna pre-season and with a clean slate league table?

[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 11:51]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What if we kept the same squad? on 11:54 - Apr 21 with 1046 viewsRobTheMonk

Mid table. Strikers are crap.
What if we kept the same squad? on 12:04 - Apr 21 with 1018 viewsitfcjoe

Top 6, quite easily for me

We are very organised, and strikers may not be quite right for the system but they are good enough for this level and sure McKenna would find a way to get something out of them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What if we kept the same squad? on 12:07 - Apr 21 with 998 viewsJ2BLUE

Sixth.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What if we kept the same squad? on 12:09 - Apr 21 with 980 viewsDeano69

Without another 20 goals a season at least, scrape in the playoff, just. With an in form striker, automatic

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

What if we kept the same squad? on 12:12 - Apr 21 with 965 viewsChrisd

We don’t consistently score enough goals to break into that top 6.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

What if we kept the same squad? on 12:14 - Apr 21 with 958 viewsunstableblue

What if we kept the same squad? on 12:04 - Apr 21 by itfcjoe

We are very organised, and strikers may not be quite right for the system but they are good enough for this level and sure McKenna would find a way to get something out of them

Agree play-offs would easily be within our ability.

I think if Jackson could stay fit and create/score some goals. And if form was hit again from Piggot, then I'd be even more confident.

Will remain quite a large number of clubs vying for those top six places, so will need to hit the ground running.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What if we kept the same squad? on 12:16 - Apr 21 with 939 viewsOriginalMarkyP

What if we kept the same squad? on 12:04 - Apr 21 by itfcjoe

I must admit, I tend to agree.

I think some people are wanting a similar rotation of players to last year and we all know how well that worked.

If Lee Evans can come back and show the form he had before he got injured that'd be a major plus.

Edmundson, Edwards, Jackson...all to comeback too. Like to see if KMcK can get a tune out of Edwards personally.

Pigott I think is so devoid of confidence that I think he'll have to go for his own sake and I don't think he's got the pace McK needs.

I'd be quite sparing with the cash I think. Just try to get the left side to be more threatening. Add one striker. Lose Piggot. Bonne, I think will go back. Keep Celina. Keep Norwood. Keep Aluko.

See if Dobra can be reinvigorated by the coaching staff.

I think trying to give KMcK as much time with the squad as possible is key. Flooding it with new players will be counter productive. Also I'm not convinced that you build a championship team to get out of League One. They're so different.

Improve this squad with 2 or 3 signings. Then focus on getting up and use the squad spirit to our advantage.

We can spend bigger in the summer before we play Championship football.

IMHO.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

What if we kept the same squad? on 12:16 - Apr 21 with 943 viewsDarth_Koont

Difficult to say. I think we’d have to look at a rejig of the system and even the possibility of some sort of striking partnership.

We also see the difference between a McKenna team with momentum (top 6) and the last 10 games where we’ve lost it (mid-table). So a lot would depend on getting a run of results and performances to carry us through a season.

Thankfully, we won’t have to. I’m confident that McKenna understands enough about the whole squad now to see where the gaps are and what player or players would bring out the best in the existing ones.

I’ve not been convinced by our attack as a unit the whole season, but with good individuals and bursts of goals we’ve scraped by. Certainly we’ve not seen anything as settled and consistently well performing as the back 5 or 6, two of whom (Donacien and Burns) also combine to be our most effective attackers.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

What if we kept the same squad? on 12:22 - Apr 21 with 899 viewsjayessess

What if we kept the same squad? on 12:12 - Apr 21 by Chrisd

We don’t consistently score enough goals to break into that top 6.

You don't think pre-season and coaching could make any difference there?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What if we kept the same squad? on 12:27 - Apr 21 with 876 viewsjeera

What if we kept the same squad? on 11:54 - Apr 21 by RobTheMonk

Mid table. Strikers are crap.

They just need a bit of guidance:

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What if we kept the same squad? on 12:47 - Apr 21 with 809 viewsChrisd

What if we kept the same squad? on 12:22 - Apr 21 by jayessess

You don't think pre-season and coaching could make any difference there?

Think it will certainly have some level of impact, but not enough to make the difference we need. Just my opinion Jayessess. It will be interesting to see who KM goes in for over the summer, should be an entertaining watch over the next few months.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024