Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tawanda Chirewa 18:15 - Apr 29 with 1582 viewsTresBonne

Have we seen someone have a better season than him in the U23's and still not really get a look in or a debut?

Has been bagging goals for fun from a midfield position.

That considered and this whole KVY at CB over Baggott palaver, maybe Dyer was right after all
Tawanda Chirewa on 18:28 - Apr 29 with 1514 viewsFrimleyBlue

He was due to be involved tomorrow but has Tonsilitus.

Also. He may banging goals in. But physically when you compare him to some players that have come through, he's got a lot of physical work to do imo to cope with senior level. ( of course that's just my opinion )

I think the KVY experiment is one worth looking at. He's younger than JD and if he ends up as good as him as a flying CB he could end up as JDs ideal replacement.
Baggott we've seen what he can do and will no doubt go on loan next season.

Joe will know more. But didn't we have Bello banging goals in for fun last season.. don't think I've seen his name around much this season.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 18:30]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Tawanda Chirewa on 18:31 - Apr 29 with 1516 viewsIllinoisblue

Tawanda Chirewa on 18:28 - Apr 29 by FrimleyBlue

He was due to be involved tomorrow but has Tonsilitus.

Also. He may banging goals in. But physically when you compare him to some players that have come through, he's got a lot of physical work to do imo to cope with senior level. ( of course that's just my opinion )

I think the KVY experiment is one worth looking at. He's younger than JD and if he ends up as good as him as a flying CB he could end up as JDs ideal replacement.
Baggott we've seen what he can do and will no doubt go on loan next season.

Joe will know more. But didn't we have Bello banging goals in for fun last season.. don't think I've seen his name around much this season.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 18:30]

KVY at centre back doesn’t make any sense at all. Certainly if Lambert or Cook were suggesting that they’d be getting a lot of stick.

I should clarify I don’t care what happens tomorrow, it’s a meaningless end of season game.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tawanda Chirewa on 18:34 - Apr 29 with 1480 viewsFrimleyBlue

Tawanda Chirewa on 18:31 - Apr 29 by Illinoisblue

KVY at centre back doesn’t make any sense at all. Certainly if Lambert or Cook were suggesting that they’d be getting a lot of stick.

I should clarify I don’t care what happens tomorrow, it’s a meaningless end of season game.

Well KVY hasn't looked anything like the full back he was when he joined. Maybe a change in position might save his career at this level, who knows.

Must admit I didn't see it coming. But worth a try in a meaningless game.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Tawanda Chirewa on 18:45 - Apr 29 with 1434 viewsFixed_It

Apart from the fact that they appear to have been preparing for him to play that role for a while now in training.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Tawanda Chirewa on 18:46 - Apr 29 with 1430 viewsEireannach_gorm

No its going to be ( or should be ) Ndaba.
Tawanda Chirewa on 18:48 - Apr 29 with 1428 viewsPhilTWTD

Not sure it's much of a surprise given the role the centre-halves play; getting forward in the manner JD does. I wondered whether KVY might play there at Rotherham but I don't think he was fit enough there.
Tawanda Chirewa on 18:48 - Apr 29 with 1419 viewsPhilTWTD

Tawanda Chirewa on 18:46 - Apr 29 by Eireannach_gorm

No its going to be ( or should be ) Ndaba.

Is on loan at Salford. Do you mean Baggott?
Tawanda Chirewa on 18:59 - Apr 29 with 1386 viewsIllinoisblue

Tawanda Chirewa on 18:48 - Apr 29 by PhilTWTD

Not sure it's much of a surprise given the role the centre-halves play; getting forward in the manner JD does. I wondered whether KVY might play there at Rotherham but I don't think he was fit enough there.

Don’t get me wrong, If KMac can convert an injury-prone full-back into a CB that will be great! Just seems a stretch

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Tawanda Chirewa on 19:02 - Apr 29 with 1372 viewspositivity

Tawanda Chirewa on 18:59 - Apr 29 by Illinoisblue

Don’t get me wrong, If KMac can convert an injury-prone full-back into a CB that will be great! Just seems a stretch

could see him playing the same role as donacien on the left. however if we go with someone like edwards ahead of him in the wing-back role, that doesn't leave us with much cover...

i'd rather try kvy at lwb ahead of baggott

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Tawanda Chirewa on 19:08 - Apr 29 with 1336 viewsPhilTWTD

Tawanda Chirewa on 19:02 - Apr 29 by positivity

could see him playing the same role as donacien on the left. however if we go with someone like edwards ahead of him in the wing-back role, that doesn't leave us with much cover...

i'd rather try kvy at lwb ahead of baggott

That was my thinking, seemed a not unlikely move given the approach of the wide centre-halves. But agree, would need someone with a bit more defensive experience ahead of them rather than a winger in a deeper role.
Tawanda Chirewa on 22:30 - Apr 29 with 930 viewsPinewoodblue

Tawanda Chirewa on 18:48 - Apr 29 by PhilTWTD

Is on loan at Salford. Do you mean Baggott?

Think he is thinking about next season.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tawanda Chirewa on 22:42 - Apr 29 with 895 viewsMelford

Mings was a marauding left wing-back for us, now he is very much seen as a centre-back. Stones was similar at Barnsley on the right before he moved to a bigger club.

Now we have proper coaching of players, this could be a good idea. Donacien looked done for here at one point and he's become one of the first names on the team sheet in a role and position that suits him. Hope that KVY can have a similar rebirth in fortune.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Tawanda Chirewa on 23:06 - Apr 29 with 833 viewsSimonds92

Tawanda Chirewa on 22:42 - Apr 29 by Melford

Mings was a marauding left wing-back for us, now he is very much seen as a centre-back. Stones was similar at Barnsley on the right before he moved to a bigger club.

Now we have proper coaching of players, this could be a good idea. Donacien looked done for here at one point and he's become one of the first names on the team sheet in a role and position that suits him. Hope that KVY can have a similar rebirth in fortune.

KVY is about 5ft 6 and his defensive ability is his weakest attribute whereas JD was always a very good defender. KVY was unbelievable when he first joined but those injuries have taken about 2 yards of pace from him and the poor bloke looks a shadow of the player he could have been. I was convinced if he carried on the way he was going he would probably be playing premier league football by now, but i just can't see how he can get back to where he was and CB is definitely not the answer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024